Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
    Hey, not to sound like a fool but I have never messed with kickstarter add ons before. If I want for instance the screen how do I add that to my order?

Just add the cost to your pledge. You'll select what you want when the Backerkit survey goes out.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

The stretch goal was for a set of charms in ADDITION to the backer commissioned charms. The backer commissioned charms were already a reward tier before that stretchgoal was reached.
      Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Whether the apocryphal charm will be needed will likely depend on whether any of the charm commissioners specifically want something that needs to be apocryphal. I know I'd say "if that needs to be apocryphal, then Iets do this other idea instead" for mine.
      I hope that this is the general attitude of most backers. While I can appreciate backers getting exactly what they want for the money they spend I personally dislike the whole concept of the apocryphal key word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
        I hope that this is the general attitude of most backers. While I can appreciate backers getting exactly what they want for the money they spend I personally dislike the whole concept of the apocryphal key word.
        A personal goal for me is to work with each backer to deliver on the Charm concept they want without having to tag stuff Apocryphal if at all possible.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Tribute of a Dark Heart View Post

I am a heirloom backer. I almost missed the reward tier in the rush to get pledged! No plans for a warstrider. I want to see the heirloom artifact chapter to see more about what is possible, but I am thinking about going with an artifact instrument. In the first kickstarter i pledged for the 'choose your martial arts' and i would have picked Silver-voiced Nightingale if one of the others hadn't already announced they were planning to!
          Have you decided what instrument you want? Because I was playing with backup ideas, and I just thought about using this as an excuse to introduce the sheng to Creation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheng_(instrument)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bzp_izOv0rA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRM4iLaV_c8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nn45L7Sebjw

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I'd think of it more as a guide for Storytellers who want to create and play out their own civil war scenarios, rather than a single linear timeline of how the civil war does/could occur.
            So it'd be more along the lines of.... I forget which 2E Book it was, but there was a sidebar with like, six different options that the Emissary of Nexus could be, from "the Council of Entities has twelve people running around in identical masks" to "He's a First Age Solar that survived somehow". Or the one that provided offhand explanations for the Bull of the North that included being a Lunar, Abyssal, etc. instead of a Solar?

Because those were always some of my favorite things back in the day. You don't need to say how it is, but giving me a half dozen "how it could be" things about something ambiguous is great for letting me see if one of those works for me or I make my own.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
              So it'd be more along the lines of.... I forget which 2E Book it was, but there was a sidebar with like, six different options that the Emissary of Nexus could be, from "the Council of Entities has twelve people running around in identical masks" to "He's a First Age Solar that survived somehow". Or the one that provided offhand explanations for the Bull of the North that included being a Lunar, Abyssal, etc. instead of a Solar?

Because those were always some of my favorite things back in the day. You don't need to say how it is, but giving me a half dozen "how it could be" things about something ambiguous is great for letting me see if one of those works for me or I make my own.
              That’s the plan, though it would be a much more extensive tool kit, with notes on additional sub-variations. (If it helps, I’m the one who wrote that sidebar on the Bull.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• outcastes Expansion #3 achieved

At 270k QC write-ups for the 5 new sig Dragon-Blooded are added.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                  That’s the plan, though it would be a much more extensive tool kit, with notes on additional sub-variations. (If it helps, I’m the one who wrote that sidebar on the Bull.)
                  I admit, I’m pretty excited for the Realm expansions in Heirs. The House writeups gave me a thousand ideas for the civil war, but I feel like I would struggle to pare it down into something reasonable for a table rather than a novel. Some structure is going to be so much appreciated.

Comment

• The new image that appears below the new stretch goal of QC writeups for the new DB circle.. I presume that's supposed to be Yushoto Mathar? If so, it struck me that the story wrote his robin as Red in color with the picture being blue...

It's a stupid thing to nitpick about, but it was the first thing that caught my attention as it jarred with the opening story which gave me a mental image of them all. Probably easier to change the word in the story than to change the color in the image, but just kind of jarring to me.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      outcastes Expansion #3 achieved

At 270k QC write-ups for the 5 new sig Dragon-Blooded are added.
                      I am shocked the signature characters weren't already getting a write up

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post

They were always something we wanted to do, but just couldn’t prioritize over all the other things that need to be given space in the DB hardcover. Hence, stretch goal for the Companion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                          The new image that appears below the new stretch goal of QC writeups for the new DB circle.. I presume that's supposed to be Yushoto Mathar? If so, it struck me that the story wrote his robin as Red in color with the picture being blue...
                          Each story starts with the year it took place in. The intro fiction with the robin was fifty years ago, and alas, robins only live a fraction of that. Mathar's been through his share of birds.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Each story starts with the year it took place in. The intro fiction with the robin was fifty years ago, and alas, robins only live a fraction of that. Mathar's been through his share of birds.
                            Fabulous explanation. I love it.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

While I may have disagreed with some of the ruling in this thread, this answer made me the saddest.

edit: forgot which thread I was in and thought this was the Ask the Dev thread. There haven't been any contentious rulings in this thread, except for the trail of dead birds.
                              Last edited by MoroseMorgan; 04-17-2018, 02:39 PM.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post

I'm not. Limited space means big name npcs took precedent to provide storytellers with those pieces on the board. Sig-characters tend to be more example pcs than npcs tailored to be useful as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X