Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekorren
    • Nov 2013

I just dropped my Developer Charm spot if anyone wants to jump in and grab it.

ekorrengames.com
    youtube.com/@ekorren

Comment

• Flinty
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
      the only reason why I'd go for the Developer Charm is really to see the idea in print hoping that more people would use it than the practically zero people who would use something I'd homebrew.
      I wouldn't count on that to be true. Especially with Exalted I've found people to be very excited about homebrew, since the setting and system lends itself to "oh look another neat thing, what else cool stuff could my char/this npc do?!" I've looked up homebrew years old for stuff in games I've played in/run.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Apromor
        • Nov 2013

I see language that bugs me in the preview, but I'm not certain that it's an outright error.

​Page 77 in the Iselli description "the house’s gutted but once-venerable espionage machine.​" I've always thought that venerable meant old. A few checks around web dictionaries tells me that venerable means being respected due to its advanced age.

​"Now it is gutted but it used to be respected because of how old it was", strikes me as not likely to be the message the author would want to convey.

​Is there a way to bring this to the attention of the author or editor?
        Last edited by Apromor; 04-02-2018, 07:26 AM. Reason: edited for clarity

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

• Isator Levi
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Apromor View Post

​"Now it is gutted but it used to be respected because of how old it was", strikes me as not likely to be the message the author would want to convey.
          Why is that?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• The Wizard of Oz
            • Feb 2014

Yeah, that makes sense to me. They used to have one of the best intelligence operations, as they'd had so long building it up, but now it is gutted.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Apromor
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Why is that?
              ​Because it's now older than it was, and because age is not a thing I'd expect to make an intelligence operation respected.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

• Isator Levi
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Apromor View Post

​Because it's now older than it was, and because age is not a thing I'd expect to make an intelligence operation respected.
                I would think age is the kind of thing that can make an organisation respected if it can be seen to contribute to resources and experience, and surviving an environment of adversity.

​Y'know, respecting the Iselsi operation because it had managed to not die in several hundred years, and having several hundred years worth of log books.

​Something that might be especially noteworthy when many of the personalities that it would have been spying upon would be almost as old as it is.

A 290 year old Dynast respecting the Iselsi intelligence network because they know what she did on a wild summer when she was 21.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Ekorren
                  • Nov 2013

There's a lot of prestige in age as well.

ekorrengames.com
                  youtube.com/@ekorren

Comment

• Flinty
                    • Mar 2015

Age also implies experience, which is the base for most venerations of age. The Iselsi having a venerable spy network also means that its been running for a long time, is well established and has lots of resources to call upon (or had anyway). The wording is fine imho.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Mizu
                      • Nov 2013

190,000 for digital wallpaper has been achieved

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade
                      Senator of the Greater Chamber
                      Champion of the Silver Pact
                      Chosen of the Little Gods
                      Agent of Fate

Comment

• Mizu
                        • Nov 2013

New stretch goal, at 205,000 we get more forest witch stuff.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade
                        Senator of the Greater Chamber
                        Champion of the Silver Pact
                        Chosen of the Little Gods
                        Agent of Fate

Comment

• Ekorren
                          • Nov 2013

So the new chapters are out. I guess my only criticism so far is with regards to the line "He hadn't asked the Dragons to be born a man and his mother's only son!" I've always tried to stay away from topics such as sexism, homophobia, and racism in my Exalted games, because those things exist in abundance in real life and I want my Exalted games to be an escape from the depressive reality. Simply reversing the traditional patriarchal society to a matriarchal one is in no way progressive. It's still a gender-based structural hierarchy but with the pronouns reversed, and it doesn't make the Realm a very attractive society for me to immerse myself in. I don't mind the details of marrying into the female's family because she's basically carrying the bloodline, or that it reflects in the matriarchs. I do want to stay away from topics that actively suppresses a gender before the other, though, or that involves characters cursing their own gender (which they have no control over) because of their societal norms. I'm studying to become a social worker in real life to be able to fully explore and deal with such issues. But when I play Exalted, I just want to be a mythic hero in a fantastic world.

ekorrengames.com
                          youtube.com/@ekorren

Comment

• TheSly9
                            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by RichT View Post

Yep, very old part of the FAQ. I'll mention it to Ian and get it updated. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

• DraMaFlo
                              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                              I've always tried to stay away from topics such as sexism, homophobia, and racism in my Exalted games, because those things exist in abundance in real life and I want my Exalted games to be an escape from the depressive reality.
                              You're free to have your take on the setting but Creation was never supposed to be some perfect utopia.
                              It has widespread slavery and colonial empires. It has super-powered beings that rule over the masses.
                              It has never ending wars.
                              I'd much rather live in our world than creation.
                              Exalted is escapist only because you get to play someone that is so above ordinary people and you have someone that makes sure you're always the hero of the story
                              Last edited by DraMaFlo; 04-03-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
                                • Nov 2013

Let's not forget the one who doused slaves in molten rubber to use as torches.

He/him

Comment

Working...