Other Worlds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Worlds

I remember back in 2E it was stated there are no other worlds like Creation out in the Wyld. But what about nowm. Is there room in 3E for there to be other worlds, even big ones like Creation?

I have an idea in the works and it relies on this as a basis.

If anything, late 2E specifically hinted at the possibility of other worlds of some kind out in the Wyld, as Gaia is off seraching the Faraway on her comet.

In 3E, the Scorpion Empire presumably came from somewhere!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      If anything, late 2E specifically hinted at the possibility of other worlds of some kind out in the Wyld, as Gaia is off seraching the Faraway on her comet.

The Scorpion Empire? Please enlighten a 2e doofus and rabid fan of the otherworlds.

Shameless Technocratic shill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nilbog View Post
        The Scorpion Empire? Please enlighten a 2e doofus and rabid fan of the otherworlds.
        They’re invaders back from the First Age who are mentioned in the origin of one of the Warstriders in Arms of the Chosen. We know very little about them other than they are described as “Face-Snaked”... not “Snake-Faced”... “Face-Snaked”; they came from a place “the Second Age has no name for or language to describe”; and those regions that fell to them were “consigned to the rapacity of time.”

Comment

They also get a mention in Masters of Jade.

It's unclear as to whether there are stable places in the Wyld that are unconnected to Creation, but there's definitely more out there than just Raksha and their works.

Comment

I am curious as well. The big thing to wonder about is how in 2nd ed the creation of the Loom of Fate and Creation invented conventional causality and time. So if it is still the same it would be odd to have worlds older then Creation that are at all similar to Creation. This brings to question if the Scorpion Empire is tied to this causality/time backlash since they are somehow temporally themed. Perhaps for them Time works like Space?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
              I remember back in 2E it was stated there are no other worlds like Creation out in the Wyld. But what about nowm. Is there room in 3E for there to be other worlds, even big ones like Creation?
              Given some of the imperatives of the prior development team, Third Edition is probably less amenable to such a thing.

Originally posted by vampire hunter D
              I have an idea in the works and it relies on this as a basis.
              ​Then just do it: don't forget the Golden Rule.

The raksha come from somewhere as well. That doesn't necessarily make it a place that you can live.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Wait, in what way is 3E less amenable to this?

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                  Wait, in what way is 3E less amenable to this?
                  Because the emphasis of the game is on playing larger-than-life characters in the vibrant tapestry that is Creation; the solution to "I think Creation is a boring place" is not to offer massive and numerous alternative worlds (since given time, one would come to think them boring as well), but to show how Creation is not a boring place.

The previous set of Devs, for instance, agreed with me when I asserted that constant reference from 2e books to realms of arbitrary size only served to make Creation feel small and unimportant, which is kind of a bad idea when that's the setting in which games are intended to take place.

There are other worlds, mind, but they are not "like Creation." Karvara, the behemoth-turned-warstrider who originated in legendary Zen-Mu, shows that not only is Zen-Mu not like Creation - it may well be antithetical to it.
                  Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-26-2018, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

The raksha come from somewhere as well. That doesn't necessarily make it a place that you can live.

Was that a requisite to the question?

Comment

The OP did specify worlds "like Creation."

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        The OP did specify worlds "like Creation."

They said "other worlds, even big ones like Creation". The "like Creation" in that sentence a) refers to size, and b) is a statement of inclusive possibilities, and not to the exclusion of other possibilities.

Comment

I think the Developers don't want to make places that overshadow Creation, but I don't think they are completely against realms that rival Creation beyond the already established Realms.

In my Canon there are exceptional realms that exist, such as a Primordial Solar System, and secret worlds like Exandria.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I think Ink monkeys made a creation like world in the world called "Crajeon" (or something like that"). It had been made before the fall of the primodials. The Primodials commanded Sol to burn the world, which he did. It was hinted that there still was this burning or sorched copy of creation out there.

I can't remember who made it though.

Comment

Read between the lines.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                              X