Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Know Order of Exalt-Types Release for E3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Know Order of Exalt-Types Release for E3?

We know that the Corebook gave us the Solar Exalted... and that the Dragon-Blooded is the current one being worked on, but do we know what order the other Exalt types (old and new) will likely be coming out (not looking for exact dates... just a rough order).

It also appears that when these various Exalt books come out, they will be followed by supplements detailing areas of the world (such as the Realm book coming after Dragon-Blooded) or ones that delve deeper into aspects of the Exalt type that couldn't be fit into the main book for that type (Companion style supplements).

From what I have heard (mostly rumor) it seems that the Order of Exalts might look something along these lines:

Solar* > Dragon-Blooded^ > Lunar > Abyssal > Sidereal > Liminal > Exigent > Getimian > Infernal > Alchemical > Others

* - already available for play
    ^ - currently being worked on and should be released soon.

Of course the order after Lunar Exalts is questionable... and I can't find the thread that even mentioned that Lunars will be next after the Dragon-Blooded. As for what comes after Exigents... well there was that picture of 5 Exalt types that were never described (though anyone familiar with previous editions will recognize the Alchemical and possibly what might be a Green Sun Prince/Infernal... and Getimian are mentioned later in the book). I am not sure what type of Exalt the other two characters shown are (and may be wrong about which of the others are Infernal or Getimian; the Alchemical is obvious). If anyone can identify the types of Exalts these five are... and which is which... that would be great.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Last I heard it was lunars then exigents, though all things after DBs are really probably in flux as needed.

Comment

Liminals and Getimians are currently slated for softcover books. Getimians will be released close to Sidereals, given their connections.

None of the characters in the spread are Getimians. There is a Getimian picture in the core, but not that.

On the additional Exalts in the picture: the previous devs planned to introduce three more types of Exalted during the edition, but when the current devs came on board they decided not to make the trade-offs involved in putting them in (time and effort to write them up, adding additional complexity to the setting...). As is, they're 'optional canon' - you can include them in your games, but the rest of the line won't assume they exist. They're currently planned to be included in an appendix to the Exigents book, covering their themes, concepts and backstories, and enough information on their Charmsets to homebrew your own, with the option of getting a splatbook depending on response.

The woman with the aurora is a Hearteater (the name's metaphorical, rather than literal). The man being tormented by a shadow-monster is one of the Umbral Exalted. The man in the toga is a Dream-Souled (no connection to the raksha).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        Last I heard it was lunars then exigents, though all things after DBs are really probably in flux as needed.
        The pitch for Lunars has been accepted by WW, so they're next up.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Dragonblood
          Lunars
          Exigents (with an appendix covering 3 optional Exalt types)

After that, it's unscheduled. I'm guessing either Abyssals or Sidereals. It's not for quite a while (probably at least 2020) so doesn't really need to be decided now.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Personally, I expect Abyssals to be released upon the date of my death via old age, just in time for me to take my copy into the Underworld with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Krata Lightblade View Post
              Personally, I expect Abyssals to be released upon the date of my death via old age, just in time for me to take my copy into the Underworld with me.
              Count one for me too.

Comment

We'll need a version made of jade.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

Prediction:

Solars, DBs, Lunars...

Exigents
                  Abyssals
                  Liminals (softcover)
                  Sidereals
                  Getimians (softcover)
                  Infernals
                  Alchemicals

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

That seems plausible to me. Saying that, it was the previous Dev team who wanted to do Abyssals and Liminals in the same year, and Sidereals and Getimians in the same year. The new Devs might decide to do the more well-known types before the newer ones.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Correct: The current plans are Dragon-Blooded, Lunars, and Exigents, and then anything beyond that is up in the air.

Our internal schedules usually don't extend more than a year or so out, so everything else needs to be weighted according to how important Rich and the devs feel they are to the line.

If you wanted to use the 1e and 2e release orders as a rough guideline and shuffle in the new Exalt types as appropriate, you probably wouldn't be too far off, but there's no promises to be made this early in the game.

Ian A. A. Watson
                      Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Dragon-Blooded - 2019 CE

Lunars - 2023 CE

Exigents - 2301 CE

Abyssals - 2525 CE

Siderals - 9000 CE

Infernals - 100,000 CE

Achemicals - Heat Death of the Universe

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

I’d certainly be down to see Sidereals and Getimians move in front of Abyssals and Liminals, as Sidereals are an (in-setting) older more established force in the setting than Abyssals, who are a new x-factor (again, in-setting, I don’t mean this edition).

But I see the logic to Abyssals coming first as they have the previous two editions as they’re more visibly imminent affecting the setting in ways the other major character types can see, while Sidereals are a hidden revealation.

I wouldn’t wait on the new kids and would still want to see them soon after their associated major solar, because the Getimians pose of the biggest ongoing problems to Sidereals, and the Liminals will rise closely on the underworld, ghost, and necromancy info that will likely be released tied up with Abyssals.

Infernals combine the new x-factorness of Abyssals with the hidden mystery factor of Sidereals, so they should definitely come later, and Alchemicals are literally in another dimension as their default setting. So I stand by them being at the end of the line.

If any of the optional types in the Exigents Appendix, or the Spoken, end up warranting in-depth coverage, they can be in line after Alchemicals.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by hippokrene View Post
                            Dragon-Blooded - 2019 CE

Lunars - 2023 CE

Exigents - 2301 CE

Abyssals - 2525 CE
                            Nice touch.

Comment

It is unfortunate that the new Exalt types that were originally planned are not getting even the treatment being given to the Liminals and Getimians... but then it is understandable... the setting is already fairly complex as is... and with the Exigent rules they should be fairly straight forward to produce.

I had forgotten that there had been talk that Exigents would follow Lunars (there was also talk that it might come before, but it seems that has been changed).

To be honest... I would prefer to see Abyssals before Lunars... after the Dragon-Blooded, they are the most likely antagonistic Exalts the Solars will be facing. I understand that some Lunars will not be happy with the return of the Solars... and others will just be indifferent... but for the most part they are a wild card that could go either way (helping or hindering the Solars). Abyssals on the other hand seem to be almost the opposite of the Solars... and thus a natural opponent for them to oppose. True, some Abyssals may not be inherently hostile to the Solars... and may even become allies of a dubious sort... but by and large most will be working against the goals of most Solars.

I do understand why they choose to do Lunars first... mostly because Abyssals are so much like Solars that it would be much like repeating what has already been done so soon after the Solars came out in the Core Book... while the Lunars are something very different from either the Solars or the Dragon-Blooded. With the Attribute based charms and shapeshifting of the Lunars... it adds new tricks to the game before making a dark reflection of the Solars with the Abyssals.

Regardless... i am looking forward to seeing all the books come out in the due course of EX3's run.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

Working...
                              X