Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Know Order of Exalt-Types Release for E3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I would shed nary a tear if the Liminals, Getimians, and any other new Exalts simply never materialized. The idea behind the Exigents isn't bad, but a bunch of new Exalts, IMO, run a high risk of diluting what it means to be Exalted.

That said, the most logical course, assuming that the Liminal and Getimian books are getting written, would be to pack the Liminals and Getimians into the Abyssal and Sidereal books, respectively. Going under the assumption that the Abyssal and Sidereal books will each have roughly the same amount of material as What Fire Has Wrought, just add 50% onto that and make it about the "auxiliary" classes of Exalt. That should be enough wordcount for a decent writeup and a Charm set.

Comment

I can survive on having only a "two page spread" for the new Exalts (Spoken and Getimian included) with the Exigent book, at least until we'll get all the old guys beforehand. I would like to know more about the new guys, of course, but it is better to know enough to design one in the meanwhile than to wait for ten years knowing practically nothing about them, and the classic Exalts have a solid fan base waiting for them.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        I can survive on having only a "two page spread" for the new Exalts (Spoken and Getimian included) with the Exigent book, at least until we'll get all the old guys beforehand. I would like to know more about the new guys, of course, but it is better to know enough to design one in the meanwhile than to wait for ten years knowing practically nothing about them, and the classic Exalts have a solid fan base waiting for them.
        Hearteaters, Dream-Souled and Umbral Exalted get a collective appendix in Exigents.
        Getimians, Infernals and Alchemicals get spreads in the Storyteller's Guide.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
          Infernals and Alchemicals get spreads in the Storyteller's Guide.
          Wait, what? Infernals and Alchemicals aren't even getting their own books? Has that been confirmed, and if so, is there any chance the devs will reconsider?

Comment

Originally posted by Hakkonen View Post

Wait, what? Infernals and Alchemicals aren't even getting their own books? Has that been confirmed, and if so, is there any chance the devs will reconsider?
            The Storyteller's Guide is going to have two-page prestige spreads for Alchemicals, Getimians, and Infernals, listing their Castes and their themes, like the other Exalted got in the coreobok's first chapter. Whether they get full books or not is not confirmed. It's likely yes, but also likely a long time off.

The other three Exalts are going to be optional in Exigents.

And stuff.
            My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

Yeah it’s not so much that they arnt getting books as that their books are a REAL far off way, so the Devs from what I gather are wanting to get this out to the player base Incase people want to homebrew them up in the interim.

Comment

It's still our plan to give them books when we get to them. We just want to debut them in before that.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yes, please don't assume "they get brief coverage in the Storyteller's Guide" means "they won't be getting their own books."

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

I assume they'll get the same kind of double-page spread in the ST's Companion as Lunars, Abyssals, Sidereals and Exigents did in the Core.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      It's still our plan to give them books when we get to them. We just want to debut them in before that.
                      Which I think is an incredibly wise decision. It was starting to become painful (and more dangerously, boring!) to have super-secret new exalts that shall not be named until the next decade.

Join the Strife

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Yes, please don't assume "they get brief coverage in the Storyteller's Guide" means "they won't be getting their own books."
                        Marin named three Exalt types that are getting packed into the Exigents book in lieu of getting their own. Then he mentioned three other types getting space in the Storyteller's Guide. It's not unreasonable to draw a line between the two. Please don't assume I'm an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Hearteaters, Dream-Souled and Umbral Exalted get a collective appendix in Exigents.
                          Getimians, Infernals and Alchemicals get spreads in the Storyteller's Guide.

OK, what am I missing here? Are Hearteaters, Dream-Souled and Umbral Exalted just some particularly important kinds of Exigents or are they wholly new kinds of Exalts that I've never heard of?

Shameless Technocratic shill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nilbog View Post

OK, what am I missing here? Are Hearteaters, Dream-Souled and Umbral Exalted just some particularly important kinds of Exigents or are they wholly new kinds of Exalts that I've never heard of?
                            During the run up to 3rd, the original dev team came up with concepts for additional exalt types other than gents/exigents/lims. These were going to be those. However due to current priorities as well as the extremely niche nature, they are now going to be appendixes in the exigents book and apocryphal.

Comment

All we know for sure is that the next two will be Lunar then Exigent

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Comment

Originally posted by The Nilbog View Post

You know that spread inthe 3E core with the 5 "mystery Exalted," where the one on the far left page is Lissom (an Alchemical) and the one on the far right page is clearly an Infernal?

The three in the middle are a Hearteater, a Dream-souled, and an Umbral Exalted.

They're being presented in the Exigents appendix as examples of how to use the Exigents guidelines to create entirely knew types of Exalted. They won't officially exist in the setting as as later books are concerned, they'll be considered optional for storytellers rather than official canon. That is subject to change based on how things develop later. They may choose to go back and give one, two, or all of them full book length official coverage. But for now the plan is just the appendix.

Part of the reason for the shorter coverage (no castes, essence based charms) is that while they may be amazingly cool for an individual character in a mixed group, they don't support total party play the way the "official" Exalted to.

It's worth noting that kind of abbreviated coverage was originally the plan for Getimians too, but in development it was discovered they were interesting enough and conceptually diverse enough to support total party play, so they're getting castes and Attribute based Charms after all.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X