No announcement yet.

Need a description for a spirit court in the Dreaming Sea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New players stretching their wings are always the ones to count on doing the hilariously thoughtless stuff.

Champoor the Nighted City and the Court of Secrets are on page 93 of the 3e corebook.
    Bonus that a number of locales of the Southeast and Dreaming Sea are also there and in the following pages.

Comment

Ah, a little something the Court of Moonsoons might have interesting uses for.

Originally posted by Exalted 3e, pg. 501
      Fogshark
      The fogshark prowls the chill shores of the White Sea. Whenever the mists rise, it ascends from the spume and spray of the surface waters to swim through the fog and feed on land-dwelling creatures. Its lean white body is almost invisible in the brume — at least until it’s stained red with blood. Only rarely are such creatures beached when a fog bank dissolves; their instincts lead them back to the water when the mists recede.

A related species,the rainshark, is rumored to dwell in the storm-swept jungles of the farthest Southwest, emerging from its aquatic feeding grounds to hunt through the monsoon rains.
      For reference, some of the beast's stats ended hidden behind the picture, but can still be selected and copied normally in the PDF.

Would be quite the entertaining surprise to deal with while trying to quickly escape from a band of troublesome storm spirits, no?
      Last edited by Baaldam; 04-11-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
        Ah, a little something the Court of Moonsoons might have interesting uses for.

For reference, some of the beast's stats ended hidden behind the picture, but can still be selected and copied normally in the PDF.

Would be quite the entertaining surprise to deal with while trying to quickly escape from a band of troublesome storm spirits, no?

What is cut off? I'm looking at the final PDF and I don't see anything cut off, nor am I able to highlight any text behind the picture.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
          What is cut off? I'm looking at the final PDF and I don't see anything cut off, nor am I able to highlight any text behind the picture.
          I think they're referring to an older version of the PDF, where the text in question was indeed accidentally obscured by the image of the very thing it described. It has since been corrected.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

Well, in my version of the PDF it stops at "Frenzied Bite: The fogshark may pay a point of Willpower when it makes a decisive attack against a character"

Then if one tries to select text where the picture is, you highlight something (though text does not appear), that you can paste in a txt or some other file.

Originally posted by Ex3 Core, pg.501
            with at wound penalty of -1 or higher to double 8s on the attack roll and add all extra successes to the raw damage of the attack.

Merits
            Blood Scent: Fogsharks adds three automatic successes on any Perception-based roll to scent blood, and can track
            it from miles away. If one is specifically attempting to track or detect a character who is bleeding, it adds an additional
            automatic success for each point of wound penalty that character is suffering.

Fog Swimmer: Fogsharks ignore any visual penalties or other environmental impediments from fighting
            in fog—usually a one-die penalty on any roll involving vision.

Mist, the Eternal Revolutionary
            Generations ago, the tyrant Storm Hawk seized power in the city of Kahla at the fringes of the world. Unable to
            oppose Storm Hawk’s rule, the young farmer Mist sought power in the Wyld to set his people free. He returned a
            changed man, taller and handsomer, with a strange fire in his eyes. Like something out of a folktale, he raised an
            army of his downtrodden countrymen, stormed the palace, and slew Storm Hawk in single combat on the ramparts
            in full view of the people.
            Though he could easily have claimed Kahla for himself, Mist moved on to other lands at the world’s edge, overthrowing
            rulers wherever he went—whether cruel despots or benevolent elected officials. Fortune aligns to aid him in
            his quest, while unlikely events follow at his heels. Although sometimes defeated, he is never destroyed, escaping from
            every confinement and recovering from every injury.
            Though decades have passed since he freed his homeland, Mist has not aged a day. Now, for the first time, he has
            ventured from the backwater borders of Creation into the Threshold proper, the sword Interregnum in his hand, to
            pursue his endless quest.
            Essence: 2; Willpower: 7; Join Battle: 10 dice
            Personal Motes: 20
            Health Levels: -0x2/-1x4/-2x2/-4/Incap.
            Sample Intimacies
            • Defining Principle: “Overthrow all tyrants.”
            • Major Principle: “My past all seems like a dream.”
            Actions: Command: 8 dice; Feats of Strength: 6 dice
            So, basically the finishing line of the special attack and the two merits description, along with the initial chunk of Mist, the Eternal Revolutionary's description and stats.

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            I think they're referring to an older version of the PDF, where the text in question was indeed accidentally obscured by the image of the very thing it described. It has since been corrected.
            Yes, looks like i have to update mine, thanks for pointing that out, i'm kind of terrible at remembering to do that.

Comment

Probably the backer version V the final. All that text is present in the final.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Anyway, back to the real matter, rainsharks would make great pets for the Court of Moonsoons, with maybe rainsharkmen or rainshark spirits to handle or lead them for extra insanity/awesomeness. Should work nicely for the first steps of the Court's pecking order.

Better, let me sketch a sample one, just for fun.

Essence 1 (unenlightened), but slightly supernarual
                - Rainshark
                - Rainsharkfolk

Essence 1 (enlightened)
                - Haze Shade [War Ghost]
                - Rain Keeper [Field Guardian]

Essence 2
                - Thundercloud [Mortwight]
                - Rainshark Spirit [Blood Ape]
                - Rainbow Moth [Agata]
                - Hail Herald [Vaktri]

Essence 3
                - Storm Mother
                - Whirlpool [Greenmaw]

Essence 4
                - Thunderbird [Garda Bird]

Essence 5
                - ????

Essence 6
                - Storm Dragon

Essence ????
                - Lunar/Sorcerer [possible explanation/lampshade hanging on the presence/weirdness that are rainshark beastmen, along with the variety of exotic elementals species. Could be one and the same or separate different courtiers/allies, depending on the ST's preferences]
                Last edited by Baaldam; 04-11-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Awesome idea Baaldam, I'm gonna run with it - assuming they survive the angry storm dragon.

I need to work out how much damage has been inflicted. I suspect the dragon will be lightly injured at most. Next game in two weeks.

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
                  Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome, Heirs to the Shogunate, TC: Aeon - Ready Made Characters, <redacted>, Apocalyptic Record, Icons of Rage

Comment

Originally posted by nikink View Post
                    Awesome idea Baaldam, I'm gonna run with it - assuming they survive the angry storm dragon.

I need to work out how much damage has been inflicted. I suspect the dragon will be lightly injured at most. Next game in two weeks.
                    Hoping they manage to quell its anger thanks to the injuries' lightness (for it at least, don't know about any drowsy courtiers close by at the time). Or at least to run really, really fast from there.

Any extra thoughts in possible Court natives i'll simply throw in as updates anyway. Can do no harm i guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X