No announcement yet.

MadLetter's Dragon-Blooded Charm Cascades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are great! Very easy to read. I was trying to see what charms of other elements were in each ability, which is quite time-consuming to work out, but these make it much easier to see at a glance.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Nice, that means I have achieved one of my main objectives!
      (Easy and at-a-glance identification of elemental affiliations, that is)

Comment

Yeah, it makes it much easier.

Comment

Noticed a typo in Safety Among Enemies: "Successfully dodging a decisive attack allows your to redirect it to another character within range of the original attack. Requires you to have more Initiative than your attacker and target combined."

Comment

A typo in Brawl: Inescapable Whirlpool Hold is misspelled as Inescapable Wirlpool Hold.

Also, I'd like to join in the people thanking you for your work on these. They're a big help.

EDIT: ...Ah, didn't notice that you had a Google Document for feedback, sorry. I'll note the typo there too.
            Last edited by Phoenix_Kensai; 04-23-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Quick note here as well: My graphics card decided to die right on the last day of work before my planned holidays. As such the card is currently fragged and that means my PC is basically crippled. I ordered a replacement that should hopefully arrive monday and get installed monday evening. Depending on how things go, I will have fresh material up and ready by tuesday.

Sorry for the delay, folks.

Comment

Okay, here we go, Melee is up finally. Graphics card has been replaced, work is going well. I expect at least one other full cascade being done today. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by MadLetter View Post
                  Okay, here we go, Melee is up finally. Graphics card has been replaced, work is going well. I expect at least one other full cascade being done today. Cheers!
                  Cool, that’s a lot simpler than I was imagining.

Comment

Occult is in, fixed an error with the PNG-version of Melee.

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

Thanks!
                        Performance is now up!

In case anyone is wondering, I'll fix the errors noted in the GoogleDocs file when I redo pagenumbering for the first few cascades.

Comment

I think making the elemental tokens bigger would help a lot. They're hard to distinguish when you're zoomed back
                          Last edited by DraMaFlo; 05-03-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

May I ask what program you use to make these? I'm working on a homebrew system as a hobby and something like this would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by DraMaFlo View Post
                              I think making the elemental tokens bigger would help a lot. They're hard to distinguish when you're zoomed back
                              I may try it out, but I like the relatively clean look it has so far. Unless you're all the way zoomed out they should generally be identifiable. I'll give it a whirl and see how it looks!

May I ask what program you use to make these?
                              Adobe Illustrator. Work of warning, though, I do work in the graphics and design industry and thus have paid access to the program. If you're unsure or unwilling to spring the (consderable) price-tag, you may want to check out free alternatives, like Inkscape. Any solid Vector-based graphics tool should do the trick, I'd say!

Comment

Originally posted by MadLetter View Post
                                Adobe Illustrator. Work of warning, though, I do work in the graphics and design industry and thus have paid access to the program. If you're unsure or unwilling to spring the (consderable) price-tag, you may want to check out free alternatives, like Inkscape. Any solid Vector-based graphics tool should do the trick, I'd say!
                                Thanks, I'll look into Inkscape.

Comment

Working...
                                X