Dragon-Blooded Social Charm and Instill Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon-Blooded Social Charm and Instill Action

From reading Charms like Dragon Warlord’s Convocation it seems that Terrestrals can use Charms to create intimacies without need for weaker ones and without need for evidence in favor of it, just by paying motes, and make the effect irresistible without a decision point. That seems... overpowered compared to Solar Social...
    Is the need for evidence and such implied? If so it should be explicit. Is it just power creep? Do I need to make custom Solar social charms?

How many of those Charms can be used more than once per story?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

My reading is that the instill action created by Dragon Warlord's Convocation is the same as an ordinary Instill action, except where noted. (plus the cost, and the distinction of a simple charm not being flurryable while ordinary social influence is, and that it drops you out of non-fire aura) Therefore, I would expect it to need evidence as much as a non-magical instill action does. My reading is that it would need a minor intimacy to raise a minor to defining, or a major to raise a major to defining (which seems like poor incentive structure), but none to create a major.
      Worshipful Lackey Acquisition is possibly similar in strength (weird roll instead of regular social influence, no room for willpower, it doesn't say how strong the intimacy created is, intimacy is inherently temporary but is sort of implied to be unable to be weakened)

Comment

Hang on, where's Dragon Warlord's Convocation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mewtarthio View Post
          It's a Presence Charm.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Mewtarthio View Post
            The fourth kickstarter preview of What Fire Has Wrought came out yesterday. It is on page 78 of that.

Comment

Working...
            X