Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DB Character Sheet 3rd ed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DB Character Sheet 3rd ed

    So has anyone been working on their own Dragonblooded Character sheet for 3rd edition?


    Like the Sun I am relentless even in death...

  • #2
    Back when the core came out, there were some WONDERFUL custom character sheets created by Mr Gone

    Here is a link to their thread from back then.

    I don't know if they're still around but they do great work.


    I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd wager Mr Gone is being tapped for the sheets again, that said the existing 3E sheets aren't completely spot on for DB. It'd be Aspect instead of caste, no need for a Supernal entry.

      That said, couple small foibles aside, the 3E sheets work fine


      Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

      Comment


      • #4
        My attempt at gender-neutral language has misrepresented me. I don't know Mr Gone's gender, but I was referring to the work Mr Gone does, not stating that the base 3E sheets would cover DBs. I agree that we'd need new ones since there's no limit track for starters. Also a lot of specialty slots would be required for DBs.

        Side note: Mr Gone made some specially formatted character sheets for my game that include accuracy bonuses for range bands which I love.


        I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          Back when the core came out, there were some WONDERFUL custom character sheets created by Mr Gone

          Here is a link to their thread from back then.

          I don't know if they're still around but they do great work.
          Aww, thanks! Glad you liked em...and thanks for the mention.


          Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
          I'd wager Mr Gone is being tapped for the sheets again, that said the existing 3E sheets aren't completely spot on for DB. It'd be Aspect instead of caste, no need for a Supernal entry.

          That said, couple small foibles aside, the 3E sheets work fine
          Well...so far I haven't heard anything. But, OP hasn't really been asking me to do any work for them these days. Not sure if they do it in-house now or what.

          But, I suppose if someone wants to get me all the info and let me know what would be needed for the sheet I could add it to my to-do list.


          Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          My attempt at gender-neutral language has misrepresented me. I don't know Mr Gone's gender, but I was referring to the work Mr Gone does, not stating that the base 3E sheets would cover DBs. I agree that we'd need new ones since there's no limit track for starters. Also a lot of specialty slots would be required for DBs.
          That's ok. And I'm a guy...just so you know.

          Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          Side note: Mr Gone made some specially formatted character sheets for my game that include accuracy bonuses for range bands which I love.
          Oh yea!! Glad you liked how those turned out!
          Last edited by Mr Gone; 04-18-2018, 07:48 PM.


          MrGone's Character Sheets
          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
          _________________________________
          Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
          _________________________________

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

            Aww, thanks! Glad you liked em...and thanks for the mention.




            Well...so far I haven't heard anything. But, OP hasn't really been asking me to do any work for them these days. Not sure if they do it in-house now or what.

            But, I suppose if someone wants to get me all the info and let me know what would be needed for the sheet I could add it to my to-do list.




            That's ok. And I'm a guy...just so you know.



            Oh yea!! Glad you liked how those turned out!

            Boo! Hiss! Why, Onyxpath? Why? Mr Gone sheets are the best sheets!


            Anywho, as far as changes go, off the top of my head...

            Caste would be replaced with Aspect (shocking). In theory it could be replaced with an entry for "origin" or something.

            DBs don't get Supernal, so that's not necessary at all.

            DB excellencies are distinct Charms, so would only need the Aspect/Favored boxes.

            That's all that immediately comes to mind that would need changing, everything else sits fine. I'm sure there are quality of life adjustments that could be made (Something that tracks Aura, maybe? An Anima Brightness tracker? Probably more), but that's the must haves.


            Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

            Comment


            • #7
              Lack of a Limit track, more space for Specialties are the only things that jump out to me after that list.


              I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                Boo! Hiss! Why, Onyxpath? Why? Mr Gone sheets are the best sheets!
                I dunno. Maybe they just thought it was easier to do them themselves? Not sure. But, that's ok....I just keep doing what I do I guess.

                Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                Anywho, as far as changes go, off the top of my head...

                Caste would be replaced with Aspect (shocking). In theory it could be replaced with an entry for "origin" or something.

                DBs don't get Supernal, so that's not necessary at all.

                DB excellencies are distinct Charms, so would only need the Aspect/Favored boxes.

                That's all that immediately comes to mind that would need changing, everything else sits fine. I'm sure there are quality of life adjustments that could be made (Something that tracks Aura, maybe? An Anima Brightness tracker? Probably more), but that's the must haves.
                Oh cool! Thanks for letting me know! I might have more questions when I start on it, so I'll be sure to ask.


                Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                Lack of a Limit track, more space for Specialties are the only things that jump out to me after that list.
                Ah, thanks. So no Limit Track?



                MrGone's Character Sheets
                For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                _________________________________
                Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                _________________________________

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

                  I dunno. Maybe they just thought it was easier to do them themselves? Not sure. But, that's ok....I just keep doing what I do I guess.



                  Oh cool! Thanks for letting me know! I might have more questions when I start on it, so I'll be sure to ask.




                  Ah, thanks. So no Limit Track?
                  Yarp. DB limit is a different beast this edition. It's now even more a RP item.


                  Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                    Yarp. DB limit is a different beast this edition. It's now even more a RP item.
                    Ok, cool.

                    Thanks for the info!


                    MrGone's Character Sheets
                    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                    _________________________________
                    Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                    _________________________________

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Quick question. Which version of the Exalted 3E sheet should I use as the base for this one? I wasn't sure which one I should go with...


                      MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                      _________________________________
                      Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                      _________________________________

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm gonna guess people prefer the weapon stat columns from your basic sheet (compared to the Withering attack, Withering Damage, and Decisive Attack columns I suggested) as it's aligned to the normal character sheet. I like having the Range chart on there personally, but I don't know how popular that is.


                        I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
                          Quick question. Which version of the Exalted 3E sheet should I use as the base for this one? I wasn't sure which one I should go with...
                          I'd say the 2 page interactive with range weapon accuracy. No need for excellency markers because they're full distinct charms for DB


                          Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                            I'm gonna guess people prefer the weapon stat columns from your basic sheet (compared to the Withering attack, Withering Damage, and Decisive Attack columns I suggested) as it's aligned to the normal character sheet. I like having the Range chart on there personally, but I don't know how popular that is.
                            Ok, cool. Thanks for in the input, I appreciate it!

                            Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                            I'd say the 2 page interactive with range weapon accuracy. No need for excellency markers because they're full distinct charms for DB
                            Ok, thanks! I appreciate the help!



                            Hopefully I'll get to start on this soon. Just figured I should figure out what my base sheet is before I do.


                            MrGone's Character Sheets
                            For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                            _________________________________
                            Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                            _________________________________

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok, I have a few more questions. I don't know much about Exalted, so bear with me...hopefully I don't sound too dumb.

                              Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                              DBs don't get Supernal, so that's not necessary at all.
                              I'm not sure what this is. Where is that on the sheet?

                              Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                              DB limit is a different beast this edition. It's now even more a RP item.
                              Just to make sure, so the Limit track and limit trigger section would go? Or should they be replaced with something different? If so...how should that look?



                              MrGone's Character Sheets
                              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                              _________________________________
                              Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                              _________________________________

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X