Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favourite Dragonblood charms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your favourite Dragonblood charms?

And why? /10char

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Oh jeez, how does one choose?

​For a start, I like Warrant of Divine Safety; it's evocative of its Ability in a unique manner, has a potential for some very fun elemental displays, and I find it to have a particularly nice sense of how being Dragon Blooded entails a kind of natural command of elements, how the air leaps to serving your needs in that instance. On a practical level, it also feels like a very strong story enabler.

​I'll probably come back later to relate some of my favourites in all of the Abilities, or at least most of them.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I will be unoriginal and go with the Elemental Bolt up to Dragon Vortex attack. Why? Because I love awesome displays of raw elemental power of course.

The Air War Signature charm is something that is very close to my heart but the whole War tree has made me want to play a young DB officer for sure.

Comment

Eternal Death-Banishing Blossom. It almost makes up for the grievous lack of a Senbonzakura-alike among the Artifacts published thus far. Almost.

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
        Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post
          It almost makes up for the grievous lack of a Senbonzakura-alike among the Artifacts published thus far.
          ​I understand that the word means thousand cherry blossoms, but the reference to Artifacts specifically suggests to me that it's a reference I'm not getting.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​I understand that the word means thousand cherry blossoms, but the reference to Artifacts specifically suggests to me that it's a reference I'm not getting.
            Bleach. Senbonzakura is the sword of one of the characters, and when its Special Power is activated the blade turns into a storm of what looks like cherry petals but are actually a storm of swirling shrapnel under the user's control.

It doesn't have much else going for it, but Bleach does have neat weapons.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
              It doesn't have much else going for it, but Bleach does have neat weapons.
              The Soul Society arc is the essence of shonen battle anime. It also has a much more appealing artstyle than the others of the Big Three. That said, everything else about the series is indeed hot garbage (and JoJo's Battle Tendency arc does "snappy encapsulation of an entire subgenre" in an even more compact, 13 episode format).

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
              Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

I think my favorite DB charms so far are Arbor Sentinel Technique and Exploding Evidence. Tree turret bow and "They can't incriminate me if everything is on fire" are just so much fun to me, I can't help but love them.

There are a lot of really cool goodies in the charmset as a whole though. Truth-In-Stone Binding and Anathema-Sealing Tomb are also amazing, and Unmoving Center Enlightenment is a great concept, for instance. There's more but these are some of those that immediately come to mind.

Comment

I do love how many Fire-aligned charms give you different ways to immolate someone.

Essence bolt? You're on fire.

Explosive Dodge, and you're on fire.

Did you try to cheat me in a game of cards? Burn for it!

Huh, this pie tastes like poison. And it has just burst into flame. Guess it was poison after all.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I do love how many Fire-aligned charms give you different ways to immolate someone.

Huh, this pie tastes like poison. And it has just burst into flame. Guess it was poison after all.
                    JJBA-A Abdul: “I have learned that the only way to deal with this problem: Is to BURN IT.”

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

For decades, we've known in RPGs that if a problem wasn't solved with judicious amounts of fire, it just means you haven't used enough fire.

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

Originally posted by ChairKicker View Post

For decades, we've known in RPGs that if a problem wasn't solved with judicious amounts of fire, it just means you haven't used enough fire.
                        My Burning Name sorcerer:
                        Defining Intimacy: Sorcery can solve everything
                        Major Intimacy: Fire can solve most things

I have not yet gained a point of limit from countering either of these Intimacies, and my GM has tried hard (at my challenge).

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Safety Among Enemies has always been one of my favorites - it's a great way for someone who's primarily a non-combatant to occasionally pull off a really, really useful move in a fight.
                          Wind-Carried Words Technique is just so useful. Ditto for Revelation-of-Associates Hunch.
                          I like Intoxicating Lotus Manuscript for the image of George R.R. Martin as a Dragon-Blooded, and Seven Seas Wind-Luring Chanty for the image of a bunch of sailors singing and a storm spirit singing along.
                          Fortune-from-Flotsam Ingenuity. It may stray into the cartoonish, but that's part of why I like it.

Current project: Stranger Creations, unofficial settings and NPCs for Exalted.

Comment

I love how the essence 1 linguistics charm cryptic essence cypher gives characters an opportunity to lay the groundwork for a secret communications network by instilling intimacies.

On the fire subject, there is a 5th edition Ars Magica book that has an NPC I wrote who has spent his entire life devising ways to be able to solve any problem with fire, and he may be the most fun thing that I've ever written.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game
                            http://forum.atlas-games.com/viewtop...7a1c&start=272

Comment

One Forest, Many Trees for sure. Really cool charm concept for a character archetype that doesn't get much mechanical support otherwise.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell
                              Simple Solar > Abyssal conversion rules
                              3e Dragon Kings
                              My martial arts

Comment

Working...
                              X