X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickayelm
    • Nov 2013

Lunars

I was just looking at the meeting notes and saw that Lunars is now in the first draft phase. What happened with Exigents, I thought that they were supposed to be next.
  • TheCountAlucard
    • Nov 2013

Plans changed.

He/him

Comment

• Lioness
      • Oct 2013

I was pretty mortified by it until the timetable for splat books started moving up.

Sword of Creation a hub for Exalted related content

Comment

• The Wizard of Oz
        • Feb 2014

The new Devs decided it would be better to do Lunars first, and then Exigents. They announced it a while ago (4-6 months ago maybe? Not sure).

Currently, the announced timetable is:
        Dragonblood (the text is finished)
        The Realm
        Heirs of the Shogunate
        More Hundred Devils Night Parade (some will be out before the ones above, as it's released two entries at a time)
        More Antagonists of the Righteous (some will be out before the ones above, as it's released one-two entries at a time)
        Lunars
        ST Guide
        Exigents* (though Exigents hasn't officially been approved by the company yet, as it's too far in the future)

*Which will also include an appendix with the fluff (and a quick guide to how to do them with the Exigents' rules) for the (non-canonical) Heart-Eaters, Umbral Exalted and Dream-Souled, who you can see in that spread in the Core with the Alchemical and Infernal. There's currently no plans to give those three splat books (unless one of them is really popular).

I guess there will also be a smaller book or two between Lunars and Exigents. A location book maybe, something like that. But not a splat book.

It's probably also worth pointing out that while the Devs do seem to intend to do Paths of Brigid at some point in the future, I haven't heard anything about Towers of the Mighty since the old devs left, so I suspect it's not happening (fine with me, other books look more interesting).
        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 04-25-2018, 05:25 PM.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• marin
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          It's probably also worth pointing out that while the Devs do seem to intend to do Paths of Brigid at some point in the future, I haven't heard anything about Towers of the Mighty since the old devs left, so I suspect it's not happening (fine with me, other books look more interesting).
          Vance's noted that sorcery and Manses are both in need of books to cover them, albeit perhaps not in the same way as the previous dev team.

Comment

• BrilliantRain
            • Nov 2013

I’m not sure Heirs to the Shogunate will be out before Lunars, since they can’t actually even start writing the outline until the Kickstarter finishes and they’ve already started on Lunars.

Comment

• gfrobbin84
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              Also, the Devs want to do a Storyteller's Guide at some point.
              Pretty sure Vance has said that the ST guide is coming between Lunars and Exigents.

Comment

• Aretii
                • Sep 2014

About eight months ago, the devs mentioned that they decided they wanted to move Lunars before Exigents. This was done for two big reasons: to get another of the classical Exalted out into people's hands sooner (since for what we shall call only Reasons, the line is working from a trust deficit as concerns the release schedule) and to give the developers experience with having written another full Charm set (and an Attribute-based one as opposed to Ability) before writing an entire book on how to write Charm sets.

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

• Robert Vance
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by gfrobbin84 View Post

Pretty sure Vance has said that the ST guide is coming between Lunars and Exigents.
                  Yes; the pitch has been approved.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Equitable Remedy
                    • Nov 2013

For what it's worth, I so strongly support Lunars before Exigents. I'm also really looking forward to an ST guide, as I think that that could do a lot to make the line more accessible to players.

Comment

• JiveX
                      • Jan 2014

Any word on sidereals? Do they get their own book in this edition or is that kind of a “down the road at some point thing” along with liminals and abyssals presumably.

Comment

• Snakesandsuns
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by JiveX View Post
                        Any word on sidereals? Do they get their own book in this edition or is that kind of a “down the road at some point thing” along with liminals and abyssals presumably.
                        I personally hope it is after exigents, as sidereals are critical to the setting. Also I believe that in the past that some splats (Liminals and Getimain) were to be soft covers as they probably don't have the extensive history and society that other exalts require, so logically their books will be smaller. So we might see Getimain released along side sidereals. However things change and this may no longer be the case.

Comment

• glamourweaver
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                          I personally hope it is after exigents, as sidereals are critical to the setting. Also I believe that in the past that some splats (Liminals and Getimain) were to be soft covers as they probably don't have the extensive history and society that other exalts require, so logically their books will be smaller. So we might see Getimain released along side sidereals. However things change and this may no longer be the case.

Yeah, last I remember hearing Liminals would be a softcover released near to Abyssals and any other underworld/necromancy exploring stuff; and Getimians would theoretically be a softcover similarly alongside/released-soon-after Sidereals.
                          Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-25-2018, 09:35 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Snakesandsuns
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Yeah, last I remembering hearing Liminals would be a softcover released near to Abyssals and any other underworld/necromancy exploring stuff; and Getimians would theoretically be a softcover similarly alongside/released-soon-after Sidereals.
                            Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I really hope that the manse book comes up sooner rather than later. Sorcery can be held off a bit because new spells can come with each exalt.

However on the note of Lunars, for a splat I don't particularly care about they sound to be a lot more interesting this go around! So I don't mind exigents getting displaced a bit.

Comment

• marin
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by JiveX View Post
                              The classic Exalted (that's all the Exalted introduced in the previous editions - Solars, Dragon-Blooded, Lunars, Sidereals, Abyssals, Alchemicals, Infernals) all get hardbacks.
                              Last edited by marin; 04-26-2018, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...