• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    "She turned me into a newt!"

*staring*

"*defensively* I got better."

A Celestial Circle Spell for turning other people into animals against their will doesn't have to be permanent. And transforming / shackling the target's mind is worth a spell all to itself, and so would not be included in Baleful Polymorph's effects.
    Yeah I could definitely see such a spell allowing the target to daily/weekly/monthly roll their Willpower against the sorcerer's willpower/essence/occult/threshold successes to retake their form. And maybe also have a conditional thing that must be contrary to the nature of the targets defining intimacies (to keep the whole "I was cursed to turn into a frog because I didnt care about other people, as a lesson in humility"). Maybe they need to erode that intimacy to minor/major level or get rid of it, if they dont succeed at the willpower roll?

Now that I think, this is turning into quite an interesting spell

Comment

• I was thinking about a simple expiration date, honestly. Like, an hour or a day. Cursing someone more enduringly than that might require Solar Circle Sorcery or a sorcerous working. Definitely a sorcerous working if the curse is specially tailored for the target.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• I need to look back at some of the spells at some point to see similar things for comparison, but a transformation with a sharp time limit feels somewhat toothless. I don't know, maybe it's a necessary concession just to be gameable.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          I need to look back at some of the spells at some point to see similar things for comparison, but a transformation with a sharp time limit feels somewhat toothless. I don't know, maybe it's a necessary concession just to be gameable.
          You could just go with a season, which is three months. There's also the ability to go for a year and a day. If the spell will not be bought by PC's it could just be arbitrarily for one story. The span only matters by how fast or how slow the game goes. If there are months in between or if it's all on a day to day campaign.

Comment

• In the case of instant/indefinite, on the other hand, I think Soul Mastery is probably a good benchmark for how hard it should be to pull off.

Comment

• Expiration date=30 years, which is Exalted sounds like the rest of an NPCs life I hope to see lunar mechanics that play well with the wyld. I know Solar's have creation power but I'd love to see a "use what's there" power that allows a player to declare certain aspects or even control the flow of change in those areas. Also maybe some new, crazy martial arts style that works specifically in wyld regions or regions that lunars "infect" with wyld magic. I feel like a style like that would allow a player to take stunting to a new level

Comment

• Quicksilver Hand of Dreams would remain a Sidereal Martial Art, even if it returns in Third Edition.

Lunar Exalted are not the Wyld Exalted. That would sooner be the Dream-Souled.

That said, Robert has assured us that Lunar Exalted will have stronger powers against the Wyld than Ritual of Lunar Stability, while of course not being as powerful as Solar Wyld Shaping Technique.

Comment

• Lunars: Fangs at the Gate is now in redlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                    Lunars: Fangs at the Gate is now in redlines.
                    I forget what that means. Would you please remind me?

Comment

• I believe that's the stage where the developers (?) go through the first draft and correct stuff they feel needs correcting.

Comment

• So fast. I wonder if the kickstarter might begin this month in time for my birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          So fast. I wonder if the kickstarter might begin this month in time for my birthday.
                          My first instinct is to presume you're joking, but in case you're not, Second Draft tends to linger in hell for a long while (in my observed experience, it's the longest phase) and they also don't have any art, which they'll need for the Kickstarter and some preliminary layout for the images of the book. Calling this month optimistic would be very generous indeed. I'd be surprised (and delighted) to see the KS before 2019.

Still, progress is pleasing and it's good to see.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                            Second Draft tends to linger in hell for a long while (in my observed experience, it's the longest phase) and they also don't have any art, which they'll need for the Kickstarter and some preliminary layout for the images of the book.
                            I was not aware of that, no.

Comment

• We're very likely to have a Kickstarter for Lunars, but I wouldn't expect it until next year.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

My first instinct is to presume you're joking, but in case you're not, Second Draft tends to linger in hell for a long while (in my observed experience, it's the longest phase) and they also don't have any art, which they'll need for the Kickstarter and some preliminary layout for the images of the book. Calling this month optimistic would be very generous indeed. I'd be surprised (and delighted) to see the KS before 2019.

Still, progress is pleasing and it's good to see.
                                My understanding is that the reason they seem to linger in Second Draft interminably is because Onyx Path doesn’t have separate sections for Third, Fourth, Fifth, etc. drafts so it just stays at Second until the Devs are certain they don’t want the writers to rewrite anything else, which is when it goes to development.

I may very well be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X