No announcement yet.

Speculating on the content of "Lunars: Fangs at the Gate"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relentless Lunar Fury is a fundamental archetype for Lunars in combat(not the 2e version, Ex3 reuses the name and it deals with regeneration and raging). Regeneration has explicitly been called out as something Lunars do better than Solars. So you might have to deal with disappointment in some regard.

Mind you, could be completely wrong. We won't have the manuscript until next year. But from what we've been told so far this is the case.

Comment

• At Robert's urging, I'm trying to watch The Five Venoms on Netflix.

Apologies, but I'm finding it boring. I don't think it aged well.

Halfway through and neither the Lizard nor the Scorpion have fought anyone, and the scrappy kid has only intervened in one fight. The one fight that the real martial artists have had so far.

It was almost like the kid used White Veil Style to tip the scales of the fight in the Toad's favor without anyone seeming to notice he'd rushed right into the middle of the duel. The Toad and Centipede dismissed him just as quickly as the police.

He uses a staff, and I wonder if he could be interpreted to be using Laughing Monster Style. That was the Staff Grace-based shaping style of the raksha, and its purpose was to turn two other characters against each other.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Okay, so based on the recent release, what are we supposing for the first four Chapters?

Chapter 1: Lunars
        Chapter 2: Silver Pact
        Chapter 3: Luminaries
        Chapter 4: Schools

Comment

• I think schools and famous Lunars will likely be together, as the Shahan-Ya and their school are rather intertwined.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• It'll probably have the schools and basic descriptions of the Shahan-Ya running it in the front, and then actual QCs for a few of them at the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              I think schools and famous Lunars will likely be together, as the Shahan-Ya and their school are rather intertwined.
              Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              It'll probably have the schools and basic descriptions of the Shahan-Ya running it in the front, and then actual QCs for a few of them at the back.
              But neither of you offer an alternative for Chapter 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                But neither of you offer an alternative for Chapter 4.
                Maybe the Caul? It seemed to be rather important to the Lunars from what we've seen so far.

Comment

• Character creation, probably.
                  Chapter 5: Traits
                  Chapter 6: Charms
                  Chapter 7: Martial Arts, Evocations, Spells
                  Chapter 8: Animals

My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Current table of contents, subject to changes during development:

Chapter 1: The Lunar Exalted
                    Chapter 2: The Silver Pact
                    Chapter 3: Lunar Dominions
                    Chapter 4: Character Creation
                    Chapter 7: Martial Arts and Sorcery
                    Chapter 8: Artifacts of Luna's Chosen
                    Chapter 9: Heroes and Monsters

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      Current table of contents, subject to changes during development:

Chapter 1: The Lunar Exalted
                      Chapter 2: The Silver Pact
                      Chapter 3: Lunar Dominions
                      Chapter 4: Character Creation
                      Chapter 7: Martial Arts and Sorcery
                      Chapter 8: Artifacts of Luna's Chosen
                      Chapter 9: Heroes and Monsters
                      One fewer chapters than Dragon-Blooded; I suppose because there was no reason to divide Chapter 2 or Chapter 3 in the way that What Fire Has Wrought needed to divide its pre-CC chapters.

Makes sense. Especially since the Lunar Exalted already buck numerical conventions to do whatever fits them best, vis a visa having 3 castes instead of 5.

Comment

• Not to mention they have to have a bigger chapter 9 than others due to not only including notable Lunar NPCs, but Animals to shapeshift into.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                          Not to mention they have to have a bigger chapter 9 than others due to not only including notable Lunar NPCs, but Animals to shapeshift into.
                          And folks.. Folks... Imagine the addon book (a la Heirs and Miracles) and what we'll be able to add to it. All the animals, monsters, kaiju, charms, martial arts, Caul details, etc. THAT's where the money is.

I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• As a general rule, chapter divisions are done to serve the needs of the book, rather than to conform to a pattern.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero
                              kaiju

I wonder if including kaiju in the book, or associated supplements, might be a bit of a wrong tack considering that Lunars can't acquire their Heart's Blood.

Like, Lunars can turn gigantic, and maybe a bit weird, through their own powers, but it's been made fairly clear at this point that they only shapeshift into people and animals, and the largest thing that probably counts as a natural animal is still likely to be different in form and function than what most people would regard as kaiju.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

I wonder if including kaiju in the book, or associated supplements, might be a bit of a wrong tack considering that Lunars can't acquire their Heart's Blood.

Like, Lunars can turn gigantic, and maybe a bit weird, through their own powers, but it's been made fairly clear at this point that they only shapeshift into people and animals, and the largest thing that probably counts as a natural animal is still likely to be different in form and function than what most people would regard as kaiju.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
                                I would agree with you, but I could see it going either way. I mean the chapter has "Monsters" in the title, so it must include something more than just bears and dogs and giraffes.

Comment

Working...
                                X