Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Deliberative - A New Weekly Exalted Podcast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, we’ve gloriously fixed the problem in episode 2 - or rather Jim did by buying a decent podcasting mic! Now all three of our buttery smooth dulcet tones can be heard without incident or artifacts.

Host of The Deliberative Podcast Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

Episode 3 is up! We reveal the results of our Sorcery and spells challenge from last week, and we discuss the “problem” that Solars can never lose.

And we are hoping to have some special guests next week! I don’t want to say for sure until the episode is in the can, but I’m excited about some fun discussion with folks everyone knows and loves!

Host of The Deliberative Podcast Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

This week on Episode 4 we interviewed the developers of Onyx Dice: Tyler and Jami. These two are awesome! And they’re big Exalted fans! Check it out!

Comment

Thanks for having us. It was a blast.

Comment

Great episode. We learn a Lot about the hosts in this one.

Comment

Agreed. I think the podcast is getting better with each episode. I was wondering how you'd find stuff to talk about every week, but I'm starting to think you're nerdy enough to keep finding new topics. Try to get Vance and Minton in for an interview and probe them about Lunars.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - (No longer updated)

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                I was wondering how you'd find stuff to talk about every week, but I'm starting to think you're nerdy enough to keep finding new topics.
                So, we actually have this shared document where we have written two full pages of ideas for episodes, and I don’t think we’ve even touched any of those, because we keep having people send us ideas! We’ve got a really cool one-two punch prepared for the next two episodes because of a listener question!

Comment

Episode 5 is up! We talk about the art of Storytelling and wonder what an Exalted CRPG would look like. I would encourage some of you guys to get in our on challenge for the week!

Comment

Episode 6 is up! In this one we talk about the new releases in Hundred Devils Night Parade and Adversaries of the Righteous. We also reveal the martial arts styles we created as a result of last week’s challenge, and we talk about Stunting, what is it, why and how to do it, and the big differences between second and third edition!

Comment

Episode 7 is up! We talk all about the massive news dump we got this week, and we discuss what it takes to make your Exalted game EPIC!! Character Seed of the Week: Fugitive Wife!

Comment

Originally posted by PneumaPilot View Post
                        Episode 7 is up! We talk all about the massive news dump we got this week, and we discuss what it takes to make your Exalted game EPIC!! Character Seed of the Week: Fugitive Wife!
                        Best episode so far.

Comment

Episode 8 is up! This week we talk all about the four different types of Exalted combat - when and how to use them - and we have a lively debate about managing Limit gain!

Note that there are some...well, let’s call them “bloopers”...after the outro music. And what you need to know about that silly argument is that I was right.

Comment

I'm not completely done with the episode (20 mins to go), but I can't overstate how important it is to make players see their own Limit Breaks not as a failure state, but as their moment to shine in a horribly cool way.

My own trick is to present it as "You may treat all NPCs as furniture, and do whatever the hell you want.". (May, not must. That's important.) Everyone has a least a little bit of psychopathy that we keep under control. Limit Break is THE moment. To. Let. It. Out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagara View Post
                              I'm not completely done with the episode (20 mins to go), but I can't overstate how important it is to make players see their own Limit Breaks not as a failure state, but as their moment to shine in a horribly cool way.
                              I couldn’t agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by light-hero View Post

Best episode so far.
                                Curious, what makes this one the best so far, in your opinion? Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but I'd like to know so we can do more of that in the future!

Sagara, yes! Limit Break should almost be looked forward to. It is the ultimate moment of RP'ing for Solars. Showing part of what drove Creation to rise up and overthrow them!

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                                Follow us on Twitter!
                                Follow us on Facebook!
                                Follow us on the Web!

Comment

Working...
                                X