Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorcery Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hmm..... question. I've been thinking of thaumaturgy. Maybe a spell for each type of creature? Mortal, demon, dead, fae, god, or otherwise?

    Question. Sorcery enhancing battle groups. How much can it go for terrestrial?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Hmm..... question. I've been thinking of thaumaturgy. Maybe a spell for each type of creature? Mortal, demon, dead, fae, god, or otherwise?
      Thaumaturgy doesn't have spells. Also, I don't feel that, for example, Exorcism, really needs to have a version that works on mortals, since mortals can't dematerialize and possess someone.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Thaumaturgy doesn't have spells. Also, I don't feel that, for example, Exorcism, really needs to have a version that works on mortals, since mortals can't dematerialize and possess someone.
        Oh. Sorry. Remember greater ward? That can ward against specific effects and creatures?

        We need some thing along that line.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          Oh. Sorry. Remember greater ward? That can ward against specific effects and creatures?

          We need some thing along that line.
          Do we, though? Again, why do we need to ward off mortals?

          Also, this strikes me as one of those things that can be a problem if it's supposed to have a version of itself for everything out there. There are critters that don't readily fit into categories this time around. Things that are dead that aren't ghosts, things that are Wyld that aren't Raksha, things that are beasts that aren't animals.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 12-03-2018, 02:56 PM.

          Comment


          • Fine. Forget the mortals.

            Comment


            • Well, the other issue is that thaumaturgy isn't just a set of folk rituals that any determined hopeful can learn from a book anymore. If there's a ritual to shut out demons from a house, and a separate one that wards out gods, a thaumaturge who isn't already blessed with either will have to go find other thaumaturges who are, and convince them to teach her.

              Comment


              • You know what? Nevermind.

                Comment


                • Ok. Guys? I got an idea. Remember how in xianxia, the more metaphysically powerful you get, the better looking you become?

                  How about a spell that temporarily boosts stats and gives a few merits, for a limited amount of time?

                  Can work as a weird healing spell.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    Well, the other issue is that thaumaturgy isn't just a set of folk rituals that any determined hopeful can learn from a book anymore. If there's a ritual to shut out demons from a house, and a separate one that wards out gods, a thaumaturge who isn't already blessed with either will have to go find other thaumaturges who are, and convince them to teach her.
                    Finally. A computer. No, that wasn't what I meant. I meant a spell that temporarily blasts out debuffs against a particular type of creature within an area. For example, the earlier sun example took out creatures of darkness and demons. What about one of the green sun, that weakened and sickened the rebellious gods? What about a black moon, that caused illness within all living creatures?

                    Comment


                    • Urgh. Ok. After a long sabbatical...

                      Summoning the Riches of the Earth

                      The sorcerer makes a symbol that is a combination of the Mudra of the Earth and Wealth, and beckons them to come towards him. Within *, all mineral wealth comes within the radius is pulled towards him and attracted. Gold, silver, iron ore, crystal, any kind, popping out of the earth itself. This can only pull out wealth native to the earth. A bar of gold hidden right under his feet will not be summoned, neither would a stash of silver coins. Additionally, this can never summon the magical materials. Alternatively, he can select a certain criteria, and summon them**, expanding the area to *** and having them pop out. This can only be done in the same area once per year.

                      Regenerating the blessings of Stone

                      The sorcerer picks up a native stone, and then writes down the sign the gods of heaven write in their forms, when spring begins. And then he buries the stone. For the next day and night, the earth itself rumbles softly. Mining shafts collapse. Soil and dirt expands and multiples itself. Mineral nodes grow. By morning, it is finished. The earth is renewed, and ready to be mined. The spell has two uses:

                      1. It can regenerate the mineral wealth of any area. If it had been mined before, the place will be restored, as if the mines itself had not been set up, and the old prospectors will find veins in the exact same spot.

                      2. It can expand the mineral wealth. Where there was once trace veins of silver, now you can find entire blocks of them the size of your forearm. Where there was enough jewels and gems to fill several crates, one can now bring entire cartloads of them. Where one has enough iron to outfit a battalion, one can now outfit and entire army.

                      Same as before. This can be only done the same area once per year. It is incompatible with Summoning the Riches of the Earth

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X