No announcement yet.

Sorcery Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm..... question. I've been thinking of thaumaturgy. Maybe a spell for each type of creature? Mortal, demon, dead, fae, god, or otherwise?

Question. Sorcery enhancing battle groups. How much can it go for terrestrial?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Hmm..... question. I've been thinking of thaumaturgy. Maybe a spell for each type of creature? Mortal, demon, dead, fae, god, or otherwise?
      Thaumaturgy doesn't have spells. Also, I don't feel that, for example, Exorcism, really needs to have a version that works on mortals, since mortals can't dematerialize and possess someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Thaumaturgy doesn't have spells. Also, I don't feel that, for example, Exorcism, really needs to have a version that works on mortals, since mortals can't dematerialize and possess someone.
        Oh. Sorry. Remember greater ward? That can ward against specific effects and creatures?

We need some thing along that line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          Oh. Sorry. Remember greater ward? That can ward against specific effects and creatures?

We need some thing along that line.
          Do we, though? Again, why do we need to ward off mortals?

Also, this strikes me as one of those things that can be a problem if it's supposed to have a version of itself for everything out there. There are critters that don't readily fit into categories this time around. Things that are dead that aren't ghosts, things that are Wyld that aren't Raksha, things that are beasts that aren't animals.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 12-03-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Fine. Forget the mortals.

Comment

• Well, the other issue is that thaumaturgy isn't just a set of folk rituals that any determined hopeful can learn from a book anymore. If there's a ritual to shut out demons from a house, and a separate one that wards out gods, a thaumaturge who isn't already blessed with either will have to go find other thaumaturges who are, and convince them to teach her.

Comment

• You know what? Nevermind.

Comment

• Ok. Guys? I got an idea. Remember how in xianxia, the more metaphysically powerful you get, the better looking you become?

How about a spell that temporarily boosts stats and gives a few merits, for a limited amount of time?

Can work as a weird healing spell.

Comment

Working...
                  X