No announcement yet.

Sorcery Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when it's your control spell?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      What happens when it's your control spell?
      Hmm... I'm thinking of either an increase in range, or being capable of making more.

Actually, yeah, that's something I left out. You can only make one at a time. And I'm not sure on how intelligent I should make it.

Comment

• So I've been looking at Conan again.

What bonuses should you get for, say, making a human sacrifice? As a component of a spell?

Also, I think that on the healing sorcery, I have an idea. Abe no Seimei, once made a... doll. To take his place, in death. When the grim reaper came, he took the doll, instead of the sorcerer. How about a spell that lets you 'push' injuries and maladies onto another person, based upon occult score?

Or is that too much like sorcerous workings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          So I've been looking at Conan again.
          Which one? The short stories by Robert E. Howard, the movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Marvel comics?

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          What bonuses should you get for, say, making a human sacrifice? As a component of a spell?
          Depends on the spell and your initiation obviously. For instance, the Core has the Pact with an Ifrit Lord initiation that lets you make sacrifices for sorcerous motes. But by default most spells aren't going to be aided by killing someone.

Also, I think that on the healing sorcery, I have an idea.
          Which healing sorcery?

Abe no Seimei, once made a... doll.
          Who? I don't remember him in any Conan stories...

EDIT: Ah, okay, the Japanese folklore guy. Okay. Nothing to do with Conan at all, then.

How about a spell that lets you 'push' injuries and maladies onto another person, based upon occult score?

Or is that too much like sorcerous workings?
          I'd be inclined to make it a sorcerous working, myself, as it doesn't seem like something one should be expected to do regularly.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 07-07-2019, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            Which one? The short stories by Robert E. Howard, the movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Marvel comics?
            Sorry. I mean the conan rpg.

There are quite a lot of fascinating stuff. There's a spell which rips out your opponents' eyeballs. Then there's another that leaves your victim a withered husk that experiences excrutiating pain for the rest of their existence. Which if they are not destroyed by a 3rd party, is forever.

Comment

Working...
            X