Exigents in Autocthonia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exigents in Autocthonia

Okay, I'll likely be dead before alchemicals 3E comes out. (Seriously, if we presume 2 years between fatsplats, it's likely the Alchemicals' won't show up until the 2030s(!).
    But in preparing for what is obviously the best Exalted type and setting in the universe. Has anyone thought about what the Autocthonian verison of exigents might be?

God's don't play the same role in setting, so it'd likely be different, BUT.... We're talking the promordial of innovation here--so it's entirely likely new types of exalted, let's call them "experimental exalts" might appear now and then, especially if the Divine Ministers decide that the Five Nations need a hand. So what type of new Autobot exalts could you see?

Um...not to rain on your parade, but “every gods now has the ability to exalt people” isn’t a thing, since a god can only obtain an Exigent exaltation by petition for one, and only the Sun can give out one going by the book.

And Autochthon doesn’t get mentioned anywhere in the book as the creator of exaltation, so him creating some kind of new exalted “Since he’s the primordial of crafting” is running on heavy second edition lore for me.
    Last edited by Jen; 05-08-2018, 01:06 AM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

So the Exigence is a gift bestowed upon Celestial and Terrestrial gods by The Unconquered Sun.

Since we don't have the UCS in Autobotonia, we would need to introduce that Autochthon has a way to similarly empower his gods to then empower humans. Just straigh cribbing the process would be a shortcut, and if you are just running a game set in Auto, it doesn't feel as cheap. But, if you want these to be considered in the greater scheme of things, I would suggest finding a way to differentiate the process. You could even ape the name of the new PCs from Trinity, the Inspired. I don't think you could take any other lore from them, but the name is a cute nod,

It could also work the other way around, instead of Auto empowering a god to empower a human, maybe Auto guides mortals to arcane knowledge that allows them to take the power of a god. Could even lead to interesting religious debate, as these Inspired seem to buck the order of the Great Maker, but they are OF the Great Maker.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Autochthonia has no gods. Just the Divine ministers and some machine entities. And the ministers it seems have Adamant Caste Alchemicals instead of Exigents.

Comment

Hmm, what was Somairot the god of again?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

What if Autochonian Exigent Exaltations were like Alchemical Charms in that they are discreet things? I have the image of a cybernetic spinelike thing that attaches to a mortal (for life) and now they have access to its powers and charms. Something very comic book-like. As their power increases, more of their body becomes replaced with synthetic parts.

Heck, I guess that would make the altered mortals in Keychain of Creation into kind of Autocthonian Exigents.

Comment

Yeah, Autochthonia won't have exigents, 'cos there's no phone line to Conky. But not everything in the exigent book is gonna be an exigent.

So I think diversifying the Autochthonia exalt population would be neat.

Maybe you could have something like the "Machine Blooded", basically dragon blooded but arranged around the Autochthonian elements.

Or Augmented humans who resemble alchemicals from the modern shard or something.

Comment

Because Autochthonia is already an almost entirely self-contained setting, I don't think there's anything very disruptive in the idea of a game in which Autochthon was able to provide a means for the subgods of his Divine Ministers to occasionally create their own Exalted in the same vein as Exigents.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  Extremely sad music.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Extremely sad music.
                    Also, little earthquakes.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

I don't know who Tori Amos is!!!

Comment

I could certainly imagine taking the Artifact and Evocation rules, sticking a mote pool on one of them, and then stapling it to a mortal's soul. Or having a god or elemental merge with a mortal and then the mortal has to deal with a passenger that can take over at times or something.

Both of those seem like things that could create something similar to Exalted, but a bit more "techy" and with similar downsides to the sort of things you see in cyberpunk stories. Both could have enough downsides that someone's first reaction could be "I didn't ask for this."

Placeholder

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Also, little earthquakes.
                          *facepalm* I did not pick up on that...

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                            Ignoring the stupid name joke that should never have seen print, she’s in charge of probability modeling/revealing the future, making her a major patron of the Plutarchs. She’s a subroutine of Kadmek.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Anyway, it turns out that Somairot was just goddess of prophecy, with not much going for her besides an acrimonious relationship with Divine Minister Kadmek, owing to how he's also a deity of prophecy and has her as an assistant that he doesn't take very seriously. In particular, how their prognostications are bringing back different results on the question of the Octect trying to reach Creation, and him forbidding her from discussing her dissent with other spirits.

​Espinoquae, god of surveillance, light and security, seems like a stronger basis for developing an Exalt, with his focus on the acquisition and manipulation of intelligence, as well as his somewhat heterodox relationship with the Luminors. Hell, even the context given to him, where he's being given a workload going beyond his capabilities, might provide reason for him wanting or needing to create an Exalt.

Comment

Working...
                              X