No announcement yet.

Exigents in Autocthonia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on fleshing out 7 Subroutines for each Divine Minister (+the Core) in the thread i have linked in my signature. It varies a bit from 2E canon (it works more like other Primordials' soul-structures, and less like the pseudo-animism of Creation, because while differing from other Primordials is fine, Autocthonia is more interesting in how it differs from Creation as a setting) but not by that much. I've posted Runel and Kek'tungsssha's Subroutines, and need to get back to it to post Debok Moom's.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

If you'd like something that might work out like Exigents for Autochthonia, check out Masters of the Industrial Elements in my signature. Once I finish up other projects I'll be updating it to 3rd Edition, but the lore is still pretty solid.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
      Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
      Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
      The Underworld (3rd Edition)
      ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

What role would Autochthonian Exigents play? The usual niches are taken up by Alchemicals. Maybe guardians or leaders of communities outside the nations?

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          ​Espinoquae, god of surveillance, light and security, seems like a stronger basis for developing an Exalt, with his focus on the acquisition and manipulation of intelligence, as well as his somewhat heterodox relationship with the Luminors. Hell, even the context given to him, where he's being given a workload going beyond his capabilities, might provide reason for him wanting or needing to create an Exalt.
          Problem I'm having there, is there's a whole Caste of Alchemicals already dedicated to being secret agents for the Divine Ministers and their Subroutines.

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
            What role would Autochthonian Exigents play? The usual niches are taken up by Alchemicals. Maybe guardians or leaders of communities outside the nations?

And I can't imagine most Subroutines would care especially about said communities to make that level of commitment of their power, even if they had some equivalent of the flame of Exigence.

I'm not saying there isn't room in Autochthonia for some other type of Exalted, but I don't think Exigents of the Ministerial Subroutines is a model fills a current vacuum.

Comment

What I was getting at. The Nations use the 5 main Caste Alchemicals, Divine Ministets use Adamant (assuming that is still a thing this edition*).

* which I hope it is.

Comment

What I was getting at. The Nations use the 5 main Caste Alchemicals, Divine Ministets use Adamant (assuming that is still a thing this edition*).

* which I hope it is.
                They're still a thing.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Wasnt there a cyborg option in 2e? Where a auto.spirit would merge with a human? Not takling about gremlin syndrome

Comment

* which I hope it is.
                    Yes, and I was largely agreeing. I think if Autochthonia had another type of Exalted it would need a really distinct niche - neither being support for a mortal community (the role of the 5 Castes) or operatives of the Divine Ministers (Adamant). Or of course being champions of Autochthon's decay (Apostates).

Comment

Originally posted by light-hero View Post
                      Wasnt there a cyborg option in 2e? Where a auto.spirit would merge with a human? Not takling about gremlin syndrome
                      A Drone was a person possessed by a Machine Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Problem I'm having there, is there's a whole Caste of Alchemicals already dedicated to being secret agents for the Divine Ministers and their Subroutines.
                        ​And there's a whole Caste of Solars dedicated to fighting off the Fair Folk.

​Where were they when Ten Sheathes saw the banners coming over the horizon?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

A Drone was a person possessed by a Machine Spirit.
                          Thank u. I would see drones as the auto. Equilavent to exigents. With the condition of Temporary volentary power which could leave at any moment

Comment

hmm, I wonder if the nations could produce some sort of cyborg as well. a sort of pseudo machine-exigent...

nah, too close too close to Alchemical half caste

Comment

hmm, I wonder if the nations could produce some sort of cyborg as well. a sort of pseudo machine-exigent...

nah, too close too close to Alchemical half caste

I was thinking about that as a way to introduce the modern alchemicals, but you'd have to have some way to differentiate them from the traditional alchemicals-- perhaps a DB lifespan, and lesser powers, but with the change in how essence works, the simplest method (not allowing 5+ essence ratings) is no longer possible.

Comment

thinking about that idea more, while I dont think the nations would have made charm using cyborgs before, just because Alchemicals would just be better, I could see a Twilight maybe who was familiar with Autochthonian tech developing something like that.

Just an idea for what Solars could do once they start getting into Autochthonia

Comment

Working...
                                X