Celestial and Solar Circle Spells for Strategic Maneuvers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestial and Solar Circle Spells for Strategic Maneuvers

Robert Vance confirmed that some spells, such as those that alter the landscape on a large enough scale, could assist or enhance the results (or success) of certain Strategic Maneuvers, such as Fortification.

Any ideas what spells Lunars and Solars are using to counter Ramparts of the Obedient Earth?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Dunno? Summon Princes of the Fallen Tower, constant bombardments by that phoenix artillery spell, using that ship spell combined with the spell that summons a giant flying spirit to fly over, maybe summon Octavian to knock it down, use parting of the seas to break through....

Those kind of stuff.

Comment

Incantation of the Invincible Army, perhaps?

Comment

What about a spell which manipulates the water underneath the earth, causing the massive underground lakes to swell, sending water cascading through mazes of tunnels just below the surface. This in turn could create giant sinkholes which could drastically alter the make-up of any given battlefield.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
        Follow us on Twitter!
        Follow us on Facebook!
        Follow us on the Web!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
          What about a spell which manipulates the water underneath the earth, causing the massive underground lakes to swell, sending water cascading through mazes of tunnels just below the surface. This in turn could create giant sinkholes which could drastically alter the make-up of any given battlefield.
          Isn't there a spell that already does this? One that summons a waterspout. And another that creates a Tsunami

Comment

You got me. I was just trying to come up with some idea. There very well might be something which does this, or at least does something similar.

Follow us on Twitter!
            Follow us on Facebook!
            Follow us on the Web!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
              You got me. I was just trying to come up with some idea. There very well might be something which does this, or at least does something similar.
              Wasn't there a spell that basically the destruction of Jericho?

Comment

Once again, ya got me bud. Hahaha! I don’t know a ton about Exalted. Just spit-ballin’ here.

Follow us on Twitter!
                Follow us on Facebook!
                Follow us on the Web!

Comment

I would assume there are a number of categories spells form fall into when your talking about using them for battles and or wars. I'm not talking specific spells here, but just things that could be done (in my view at least)

1.) Landscape Alteration. These are the spells that change the landscape whether its bringing in water and turning the land into mud, making tree's grow in days instead of weeks so you can have cover, bringing up barricades, changing the height of the land. These would primarily be done PRIOR to battle when your preparing the land around your city for attack for instance rather than be done during the battle...that said, if you had a spell to just drop torrents of water over your oponents as they are charging and turning the ground to mud...that can be pretty useful.

2.) Misdirection and Information Gathering spells. These are spells that are designed to misdirect your enemy or gather information. These spells could be as simple as summoning a lot of mist to make sure your opponent's scouts can't find your army, or it could allow you to see through a birds eyes to see how your enemy has set up his army. Again, this is mostly done before battle, that said, being able to see that unit of archers that your opponent has hidden in the woods, or keep the enemy from noticing your own reserve force moving quietly through some trees ready to charge the enemies back line can be quite useful.

3) Artillery spells. These are spells usually used on the spot to well take out your opponents forces. These spells are usually cast during battle.

4) Summoning Spells: Spells that summon Demons/Elemental/The dead, usually to assist your preparation or your army in battle in some way. Whether your summon a demon to build your fortifications or you summon a blood ape to be one of your elite forces to shatter the enemies line, these spells can be used both before and during the battle.

Comment

Furoan That's a really good break-down of it, I think. Very well thought out response. Thank you!

Follow us on Twitter!
                    Follow us on Facebook!
                    Follow us on the Web!

Comment

Huh. Don't demons make very good assassins? What with the dematerialization and super strength?

Comment

Originally posted by Furoan View Post
                        4) Summoning Spells: Spells that summon Demons/Elemental/The dead, usually to assist your preparation or your army in battle in some way. Whether your summon a demon to build your fortifications or you summon a blood ape to be one of your elite forces to shatter the enemies line, these spells can be used both before and during the battle.
                        Marrottes (the Hopping Puppeteers) are perfect for quickly building fortifications, especially if you've summoned a number of them, presuming you can keep them on-task. There's a conversion to 3e here, by Leetsepeak : http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...on-conversions It's not Solar or Celestial sorcery, though.
                        Last edited by ajf115; 06-12-2018, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                          Huh. Don't demons make very good assassins? What with the dematerialization and super strength?
                          Speaking from experience: very yes. Even more so than that, the ability to summon a fresh one every night all but guarantees victory in any battle of attrition.

Of course, since this thread is about Celestial and Solar Circle we should be looking at second and third circle demons, the latter of which especially are often quite capable of crushing armies on their own.

Comment

Heh. Even better yet. Get elementals.

Summon a fire elemental. Get it to dematerialize.

Tell it to materialize in an enemy stronghold or food store.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                              Heh. Even better yet. Get elementals.

Summon a fire elemental. Get it to dematerialize.

Tell it to materialize in an enemy stronghold or food store.
                              Not every fire elemental is literally a walking inferno. Ifrits, for instance, are radiant beefcakes who live to generate gratitude in others. Him standing there isn't going to light anything ablaze, except onlookers' hearts.

Also, elementals aren't all capable of dematerializing anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X