No announcement yet.

Evocations for Canonical Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle's Rain (Harmonious Jade's Short Powerbow)
    This has appeared in my game with the PCs retriving it from the body of Golden Shadowed Arrow from a city where arrows fell from empty skies upon tresspassers who acted in violation of its ancient laws, I never nailed down if that effect persisting into the Second Age was the result of sorcery, charms or evocations but the idea of being able to have arrows hanging over people like the sword of damocles fits both a man who wanted to eliminate corruption and an assassin looking for a purpose. I'm seeing effects that are made stronger by the number of arrows hanging over a particular target or the ability to call multiple down at once.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Oh, I think there's a similar Archery Charm Solars have. Hanging Arc Judgement or something like that. The bow could upgrade those to last forever but only fall when conditions are met and such things!

Comment

Hanging Judgement Arc would almost certainly be a prerequsite to some of its Evocations.

Extreme Prejudice (Dreadful Adjudicator of Law's Assault Crossbow)
        The signature Soulsteel Caste's crossbow is presumably comprised of the stuff as well. My notion is of it functioning primarily as a weapon of intimidation, staring down the stock of a loaded crossbow is the kind of thing that can inspire the sort of primal terror that can make them give up there and then. A basic idea I've had for this is that an aim action from this weapon can be used to aid an intimidation attempt as well as an attack. Even against the sort of foes for whom giving up isn't an option he can still force them to take actions that might be more favourable to him such as taking cover. Its particularly devastating to battle groups because each of his kills saps the will to fight from the rest.
        Last edited by Lioness; 03-03-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
          Given who he's a pastiche of, I'd say Dreadful Adjudicator's crossbow should also have some effects involving changing the type of ammunition, as well, capable of producing breaching shots, explosives, incapacitating rounds, and so forth.

Comment

Hanging Judgement Arc would almost certainly be a prerequsite to some of its Evocations.

The signature Soulsteel Caste's crossbow is presumably comprised of the stuff as well. My notion is of it functioning primarily as a weapon of intimidation, staring down the stock of a loaded crossbow is the kind of thing that can inspire the sort of primal terror that can make them give up there and then. A basic idea I've had for this is that an aim action from this weapon can be used to aid an intimidation attempt as well as an attack. Even against the sort of foes for whom giving up isn't an option he can still force them to take actions that might be more favourable to him such as taking cover. Its particularly devastating to battle groups because each of his kills saps the will to fight from the rest.
            I would propose that it had an effect to designate a target reasonably suspected of having breached a law as a fugitive, on whom it has some enhanced or exclusive effects.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
              Given who he's a pastiche of, I'd say Dreadful Adjudicator's crossbow should also have some effects involving changing the type of ammunition, as well, capable of producing breaching shots, explosives, incapacitating rounds, and so forth.
              I'm reluctant to directly invoke that.
              Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              I would propose that it had an effect to designate a target reasonably suspected of having breached a law as a fugitive, on whom it has some enhanced or exclusive effects.
              That could have potential.

Comment

Ragara's Blood Zenith is interesting to me. It is implied if he got the Lower Soul of a Solar, he'd be back in fighting shape, and that the Sword absorbs Lower Souls.

But even Animals all have Lower Souls, so what does it look like when Ragara absorbs non-Solar souls with Blood Zenith?

I'm imagining something like Kagemaru from Yugioh GX or even Mumm-Ra, an old man suddenly becoming Buff and Strong, even if only for an instant. For a real sort of terrifying idea, maybe he gets X rounds of being at full power, where X is the health levels of an animal he kills, or that amount divided by 2 or something, and then for damaging Exalts he gets a 1:1 set of turns at full power for each Decisive Health Level he does. With that taking up the majority of power of the sword, I'd lean towards the other charms being more basic damage and defense boosters, possibly getting benefits for specific animals or Exalts Blood Zenith has eaten; perhaps a Defense boost that also grants points of soak if he's eaten the soul of an Animal that has Legendary Size in the scene, or an attack charm that is better for having damaged a Celestial Exalt.

Comment

I have some prototype Evocations for such a weapon, though they were originally written for a moonsilver bow based on the idea of being a Scary Elf Sentinel scaring people who trespass into Hidden Elf Village territory.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    I have some prototype Evocations for such a weapon, though they were originally written for a moonsilver bow based on the idea of being a Scary Elf Sentinel scaring people who trespass into Hidden Elf Village territory.
                    Yeah, Moonsilver and Soulsteel do have a lot of overlap (see also the Ichneumon Blades which have come out so Soulsteel that it raises interesting questions about Prince Balor.
                    Originally posted by Flare View Post
                    Ragara's Blood Zenith is interesting to me. It is implied if he got the Lower Soul of a Solar, he'd be back in fighting shape, and that the Sword absorbs Lower Souls.

But even Animals all have Lower Souls, so what does it look like when Ragara absorbs non-Solar souls with Blood Zenith?

I'm imagining something like Kagemaru from Yugioh GX or even Mumm-Ra, an old man suddenly becoming Buff and Strong, even if only for an instant. For a real sort of terrifying idea, maybe he gets X rounds of being at full power, where X is the health levels of an animal he kills, or that amount divided by 2 or something, and then for damaging Exalts he gets a 1:1 set of turns at full power for each Decisive Health Level he does. With that taking up the majority of power of the sword, I'd lean towards the other charms being more basic damage and defense boosters, possibly getting benefits for specific animals or Exalts Blood Zenith has eaten; perhaps a Defense boost that also grants points of soak if he's eaten the soul of an Animal that has Legendary Size in the scene, or an attack charm that is better for having damaged a Celestial Exalt.
                    Something like Saibok Gauto's Still Spry Approach as a base effect but damage dependent?

Comment

Something like Saibok Gauto's Still Spry Approach as a base effect but damage dependent?
                      Exactly. If you're making a raid boss, especially one that could be a.campagin ender like Ragara, you need to be able to manipulate it's mechanics and understand how to avoid it, rather then just it being a straight effect that procs once.

Imagine having to fight Ragara while the best Scions of his house are basically doing everything that can to make sure he gets that blade in you to start getting him into fighting shape.

I also see it as maybe being able to do something like permanently restore crippling injuries by eating things; such as a calvalrywoman paralyzed from the waist down using the weapon to try and get her legs back, and needing to hit some amount of total 'points' eaten.

Comment

Working...
                      X