Paradox CEO asks for Exalted developers to pitch them a computer game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradox CEO asks for Exalted developers to pitch them a computer game

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262666195 31minutes in.

As a big fan of Paradox games and of course Exalted I was very thrilled to hear their CEO say he thinks Exalted 3e was really good and outright say in a stream to ask for a dev to come pitch them something. Even if it isn't something viable right now for the game line this kind of interest has to be cool to hear. My Exalted video game dreams are more realistic than I thought!

https://www.youtube.com/BogMod I play a lot of videogames.

I'd play a Crusader Kings type game where you play as the Scarlet Empress trying to take over Creation.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      I'd play a Crusader Kings type game where you play as the Scarlet Empress trying to take over Creation.
      There would be so much DB incest in that game. Also a whole lot of murder. So not too far from how things are in most Crusader Kings 2 games.
      Last edited by BogMod; 05-18-2018, 06:32 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/BogMod I play a lot of videogames.

Comment

I'd love something God of War-like.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - (No longer updated)

Comment

...Too bad Paradox broke up with Obsidian now, I'd have been willing to do horrible, unspeakable things for a CRPG adaptation made by the guys who worked on Bloodlines and Infinity Engine games.

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
          Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

I would definitely say a Crusader Kings type of game would probably get the best results. In the past strongly suggested a Total War style game where you could take control of a character and run around Dynasty Warriors style. In a perfect world I would probably want all of it. Crusader Kings style game with Total War Battles and option for Dynasty Warriors control of Exalts.

Comment

Originally posted by BogMod View Post

There would be so much DB incest in that game. Also a whole lot of murder. So not too far from how things are in most Crusader Kings 2 games.
              And arguably not too big a breach of canon.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I said it before I would Say it again Exalted and Vampire would be great with a King of Dragon Pass type game.

Comment

Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post
                  the guys who worked on Bloodlines
                  Okay, serious question:

​Was the attempt to adapt the Storyteller system and general range of vampire options to create Bloodlines not something that resulted in a game that, even after managing to come out following repeated delays, was a buggy, broken mess?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Somewhat buggy, but not completely broken. The team had also done Arcanum back in the day..also buggy but still charming with a decent following.

If an Exalted game gets done at this time it's likely going to be by a team that aren't going to have the budget for a AAA game, it will be more Pillars of Eternity rather than something massive.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

I'm torn between excitedly flailing at the possibility of an Exalted game and nail-biting dread that it will get made and suck.

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

It just needs to be a good linear action game instead of clumsily trying to translate over mechanics that are kind of uniquely suited to a tabletop game.
                        Last edited by nihnoz; 05-18-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

While I would probably buy any game based on Exalted. I would be highly dissatisfied with any game where I can't play as a Solar.

Comment

There's a lot of possible ways you could make an Exalted game. Any of the suggestions said in this thread thus far could work.

The thing I feel should really be done, if indeed the devs take up Paradox in their offer, is form an introductory experience for Exalted. Something to get new people to understand what the setting is basically about. Trying to put in customization to try to make your own Exalt is really tempting but it's probably going to draw resources away from actually contributing to the Exalted Experience (tm) of shit becoming ridiculous all the time and escalating into ever-higher levels.

Just my two cents here.

Comment

An Exalted dating sims would be aaamazing, a harem of cute guys trying to win your love, night out with Gorgon and All-Conquering Colossus, Demetheus princess carrying you while running through a storm of arrows....My innocent maiden heart is beating fast right now.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Working...
                              X