No announcement yet.

Paradox CEO asks for Exalted developers to pitch them a computer game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Forex + Tactical RPG could also be a good fit. Disgaea has shown us that you can do all kinds of craziness with what a tactical RPG can do, combat wise. Also it can be 2d so that simpler assets can be used for procedural generation to sidestep the "new canon" issue, and also allow for Solar Level map changes.

"you completed a massive Solar Working, there is now an inland sea in the the middle of the South"

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Not every game Paradox has published was a grand strategy game - there have also been smaller scale tactics-and-management games, like the recent Battletech, RPGs like Pillars of Eternity, and even action games like Magicka.

Personally, I think Exalted is at its most interesting when it's focused on individual characters and their grand, epic stories, as opposed to society-wide logistics. I would hope for a narrative-focused game over something like Stellaris or Europa.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by semicasual View Post
        Not every game Paradox has published was a grand strategy game - there have also been smaller scale tactics-and-management games, like the recent Battletech, RPGs like Pillars of Eternity, and even action games like Magicka.
        The keyword with at least Battletech there is "published." Harebrained Schemes developed it, and as I recall started the process independently and offered it to Paradox only partway through. I do imagine we could see more variety in an Exalted game if Paradox wasn't the only name on the box, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by semicasual View Post

Personally, I think Exalted is at its most interesting when it's focused on individual characters and their grand, epic stories, as opposed to society-wide logistics. I would hope for a narrative-focused game over something like Stellaris or Europa.
          I agree: my preference would be an RPG: you make a Solar, pick up various companions (a Lunar or two, a Sidereal, an Exigent, etc) as you go, and do a quest that involves travelling around different exotic locales until you find a way to defeat the big bad. That, I think, would work best.

But it's not Paradox's expertise.

I certainly think CK and EU are not focused enough on the power of the characters, but something like Age of Wonders might be okay.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

Exalted the computer game already exists.

It's called dominions.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken25 View Post
              Exalted the computer game already exists.

It's called dominions.
              Thanks for bringing this game up! It sounds pretty great!

Sidereal Jumpstart (3e fanwork Charmset)
              Cascades (the above in flowchart form)

Comment

Now that Paradox has brought Harebrained...

A tactical RPG set in the early days of the Second Age. The Contagion recently happened, and you are a Dragon-Blooded officer, with your Sworn Kinship, fighting either for the Realm, for Lookshy, or for your own kingdom. Tactical combat, Fire Emblem style, with some elements of Shadowrun (different kind of attacks, spells in battle, different ranges...), in which each hero can be personalized with cool charms/spells and artifacts, each one changing his or her style (blue jade armor gives extra movement, and even can ignore any terrain as it is able to fly at higher levels, for example. And more unique/legendary armors or weapons can have even bigger effects), warstriders, Fae, Lunars and other enemies, each one requiring varied tactics and strategies...

Comment

Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                  Now that Paradox has brought Harebrained...

A tactical RPG set in the early days of the Second Age. The Contagion recently happened, and you are a Dragon-Blooded officer, with your Sworn Kinship, fighting either for the Realm, for Lookshy, or for your own kingdom. Tactical combat, Fire Emblem style, with some elements of Shadowrun (different kind of attacks, spells in battle, different ranges...), in which each hero can be personalized with cool charms/spells and artifacts, each one changing his or her style (blue jade armor gives extra movement, and even can ignore any terrain as it is able to fly at higher levels, for example. And more unique/legendary armors or weapons can have even bigger effects), warstriders, Fae, Lunars and other enemies, each one requiring varied tactics and strategies...
                  I hadn't thought of this! I would definitely buy Exalted FFT.

Comment

Working...
                  X