Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epee102
    replied
    I'm...a bit iffy on the Devil Stone actually. It's a neat concept, but I wish the powers were more nailed down? Its a cool monster for moving the plot along and granting characters phenomenal power, but I feel like it would become the center of any plot I put it in. I also kinda wish who made it was less a blank to fill in. Reading the suggested effects of being its chosen, is it safe to say you think that the abillities it grants are the equivalent of a Ambition 3 Solar Working or Higher(Exigence and walking portal)?

Leave a comment:

• VioletDreamer
    replied
    I'm unsure about the way things are split up between special abilities and charms, I kinda wish it had one or the other.

It has a bunch of Eclipse Charms which are kind of neat!

As far as versions of underworld dog go, I think the barrow hound joins the gravehound and the barghest which both existed previously. Not sure if we need the other two, though the hunter of ghosts angle for barrow hounds makes me feel like there's still room for barghests.

Leave a comment:

• BrilliantRain
    replied
    What do people think of the puppy?

Leave a comment:

• BrilliantRain
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
    Rock rollerrrrrrrr
    Honestly, I kinda like this version better. Yes, the Rock Roller is the perfect example of “bizarre thing created by the Wyld” but the Devil Stone has a lot of inherent story potential that the Rock Roller lacks.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    I can't, but that's weird.
    Meh; it's a local reference point.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

The reference to her having a heavy accent and the part of the Blessed Isle that she's from and some of her look mean that I'm now going to imagine her as having a Bristol accent. You probably can't prove me wrong!
    I can't, but that's weird.

Leave a comment:

• Illaden
    replied
    Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    She's supposed to have 3 ox-bodies, which I assume means she's supposed to have 3 extra -1 levels. She's stamina 5, so that'd be the top end of the charm. Presumably one of the lower stamina versions gives the old -0s.

I just want to joke around and say she has the giant merit instead. XD :P

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    She's supposed to have 3 ox-bodies, which I assume means she's supposed to have 3 extra -1 levels. She's stamina 5, so that'd be the top end of the charm. Presumably one of the lower stamina versions gives the old -0s.

Leave a comment:

• Illaden
    replied
    Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

If by "upgrade charm" you mean one that you actually have to buy then that's my guess as well.
    as VioletDreamer said. you need to be at E3 and have the ability at 5 to get the TN 4
    E1 and ability at 5 can still do TN 5

Also. no one notice her health lvls, 3 -0 and 2 -1 extra health levels

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    I wondered if it's an upgrade charm. Ie the basic excellency lets you add Essence dice and reduce the TN to 6, and the upgrade lets you reduce it 5, or 4 if you spend a wp. That's why she just has it for 3 abilities.
    If by "upgrade charm" you mean one that you actually have to buy then that's my guess as well.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Looking at Iron Siaka:

​I like this rendition of her design; I think Second Edition had too much of a tendency for rendering her conventionally attractive and kind of generic looking, which didn't really feel as though it was appropriate to her.

The reference to her having a heavy accent and the part of the Blessed Isle that she's from and some of her look mean that I'm now going to imagine her as having a Bristol accent. You probably can't prove me wrong!

Given some of my thoughts in the past on the weight of characters killing one another, I appreciate her having the decency for giving opponents the opportunity to get their affairs in order.

​So, I love Evocations on principle, and I love the backstory given to the Dulcet Consolator here, and I do think the powers are fitting to the name, but I will say that if there's one thing I'll miss about the prior Editions, it was the sense of Artifacts having ironic names compared to their function of bashing people to death. Or at least... there's probably still room for the occasional weapon with an ironic name, so I'll just miss it in this particular case.

​I do think it's a pity for Sidereals to now get iconic anima banners.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Lea Sheppard
    replied
    Rock rollerrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Stephen Lea Sheppard; 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Keichiokami
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
    I was just looking through the preview, as I won't have a gaming budget until next week, but does the layout/styling change mid paragraph for the charm Malignant Portent Pose in the final pdf?

Yes it is. I thought it was strange. I hope they fix it eventually, and hopefully in the compilation book.

Leave a comment:

• MoroseMorgan
    replied
    I was just looking through the preview, as I won't have a gaming budget until next week, but does the layout/styling change mid paragraph for the charm Malignant Portent Pose in the final pdf?

Leave a comment:

• VioletDreamer
    replied
    You need Ability 5 and Essence 3 for TN4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X