Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post

This is amazing.
    Gives me an idea for a con artist who makes a living by faking anathema scares and profiting from the chaos.

Currently writing for Heirs to the Shogunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumplepunch View Post

Gives me an idea for a con artist who makes a living by faking anathema scares and profiting from the chaos.
      Double down on it and go full Dragonheart. Team up a former immaculate and a Solar. The solar waltzes in, flares up his anima, the town hires the DB desperate to deal with the problem and then has a mock fight where they “kill” the deadly anathema and save the day, and then move on somewhere else to do it all over again.

The trick would be disguising the Solar as a new and different sun demon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Double down on it and go full Dragonheart. Team up a former immaculate and a Solar. The solar waltzes in, flares up his anima, the town hires the DB desperate to deal with the problem and then has a mock fight where they “kill” the deadly anathema and save the day, and then move on somewhere else to do it all over again.

The trick would be disguising the Solar as a new and different sun demon.

Night Caste says hi And if you really need to go full hog, Larceny Supernal!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          In satrapies where the Immaculate Order has time to propagate its teachings, it's still gonna be "go get the monk." Outside of those, it's gonna be a lot more varied.
          Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          I imagine “make offerings to it in hope it will at least leave us alone, if not be actively benevolent” is a common response?
          This reminds me of a moment from a game a friend was running. Our circle was traveling a road through a forest in the Hundred Kingdoms, when bandits jumped out to block our way and demand we hand over our possessions.

"You don't want this fight," my Night Caste said. He pumped just enough into his Presence Excellency for his Caste mark to shine… and the bandits not only threw down their weapons, they started kowtowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            So, does anybody have an interesting story in which their characters encountered a community that ended up sending their priest up to sound the group out?
            I was trying to think of one, but most times when a community sent priests to check out PCs, either not much happened, or the priests realised the PCs were Anathema, panicked, and called the Wyld Hunt. Not that interesting.

I do have one that's rather different though.

The PCs (Solars and Lunars) discovered a Twilight, the Cardinal of the Cathedral Encarmine, who was torturing people he suspected of being members of the Sons of Shadow, a local demon cult.
            Obviously, the PCs beat him up and freed the prisoners, but one PC glowed gold in the fight, and another turned into an elephant-man.

The next day one of the torture victims came and thanked the PCs, and invited them to meet her friends. Her friends hinted that they suspected the PCs to be Solars and Lunars, and asked various subtle questions to try and work out if the PCs were Anathema.

The PCs eventually admitted that they were Anathema, but they weren't really evil, that's Immaculate propaganda.

Their new friends said they knew Anathema weren't evil, evil's just a word the establishment uses to control people, and they, the Sons of Shadow, were delighted to meet such powerful servants of darkness as Sun-Demons and Moon-Demons.
            They then invited the PCs to their next cult meeting. Most of the PCs made embaressed excuses, but the Full Moon, Babar the Munificent went.
            So, after the ritual orgy and invocation of the Sixth Dragon (Elemental Dragon of Darkness), the Sons of Shadow burnt black candles to summon Zavis, the Black Flame, Demon of the Second Circle.
            This was rather awkward, as Babar and The Black Flame knew each other from before.
            The Black Flame made polite but awkward conversation, then ran away and never responded to their summoning again (in case Babar murdered him). But Babar recruited several of its members to become his kung-fu disciples and live in his sorcerer's tower in the jungle.
            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-03-2018, 11:35 AM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              ...an elephant-man... the Full Moon, Babar the Munificent...
              I take it these two clauses refer to the same being? And that the reference is intentional?

Comment

Of course!
                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-03-2018, 12:52 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                X