Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exalted Dev Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exalted Dev Diary

    Blog post here.

    The devs tease the contents of Lunars: Fangs at the Gate, reveal the full title of Exigents, and announce a new book.


    Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

  • #2
    I know people love hardcovers, but Across the Eight Directions is probably the book I'm most hyped for. A chance to live up to the legacy of Scavenger Sons doesn't come up very often.

    Comment


    • #3
      Moar Martial Arts! Centipede and Swaying Grass Dance!

      So much juicy bits on that post, awesome!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
        I know people love hardcovers, but Across the Eight Directions is probably the book I'm most hyped for. A chance to live up to the legacy of Scavenger Sons doesn't come up very often.
        Scavenger Sons is my favorite 1e book, so I’m definitely looking forward too.


        ....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
          I know people love hardcovers
          ​Was Masters of Jade a hardcover?


          I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

            ​Was Masters of Jade a hardcover?
            Or Celestial Directions: Autochthonia?


            Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

            My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dev Diary

              They are the divine monsters that Luna unleashed against the enemies of the gods
              I found this quote especially evocative.

              Also hearing that Across the Eight Directions is going to detail the surrounding areas to make the locales into little ecosystems is all I have ever wanted in a setting book.


              Raksha are my fae-vorite.

              Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

              Comment


              • #8
                So, when this says that “the Lunars are winning” what does that mean? Is that just “each splat book is written from the point of view of this group of people and everyone likes to claim they’re winning” or are we talking “well now the Realm is falling apart so of course they’re winning” or is it more like “the Lunars were winning before but now they’re winning much harder, thanks to the Realm’s infighting?”

                I’m assuming the last one, but I thought it might be worth unpacking that a bit before the major Lunar fans arrive.
                Last edited by BrilliantRain; 06-05-2018, 05:27 PM.


                ....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  So, when this says that “the Lunars are winning” what does that mean? Is that just “each splat book is written from the point of view of this group of people and everyone likes to claim they’re winning” or are we talking “well now the Realm is falling apart so of course they’re winning” or is it more like “the Lunars were winning before but now they’re winning much harder, thanks to the Realm’s infighting?”

                  I’m assuming the last one, but I thought it might be worth unpacking that a bit before the major Lunar fans arrive.
                  I believe the default assumption of 3E is that the extent of the realm's power (IE, honestly not that great past the blessed isle in the time of troubles) is due to the guerrilla warfare campaign of the lunars. They are the reason the Realm has not reclaimed all of creation.

                  Edit: This is of course in contrast to 2E where the size of the DB empire was seemingly more a contest of "lunars don't really do much except side projects on the fringes" and "DB aren't really good enough to have an empire that big."
                  Last edited by armyofwhispers; 06-05-2018, 06:25 PM.


                  Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Also for another thing as seen in Caul the Lunars are pushing the DB back. As they are now fragmented the Lunars has the best shot then it ever had to shatter the Dragon Blood' s empire


                    .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      So, when this says that “the Lunars are winning” what does that mean? Is that just “each splat book is written from the point of view of this group of people and everyone likes to claim they’re winning” or are we talking “well now the Realm is falling apart so of course they’re winning” or is it more like “the Lunars were winning before but now they’re winning much harder, thanks to the Realm’s infighting?”

                      I’m assuming the last one, but I thought it might be worth unpacking that a bit before the major Lunar fans arrive.
                      It means that, prior to the Time of Tumult and whatever shenanigans player characters get up to, the Silver Pact was winning their long war against the Realm.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                        Also for another thing as seen in Caul the Lunars are pushing the DB back. As they are now fragmented the Lunars has the best shot then it ever had to shatter the Dragon Blood' s empire
                        Also the return of the Solars just put a huuuge pressure on the already cracking structure of the Realm. That's got to offer a huge opportunity. Even if they don't do a thing to work with them directly, suddenly even the most zealous and apolitical warriors of the Realm will be drawn away from the Lunar domains.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          It means that, prior to the Time of Tumult and whatever shenanigans player characters get up to, the Silver Pact was winning their long war against the Realm.
                          And what did that look like exactly?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

                            And what did that look like exactly?
                            The Silver Pact's primary methodology is one of protracted, asymmetric warfare, of grinding down the infrastructure of empire until the Realm starved to death. Rather than striking a single decisive death-blow, their success has been winning by inches, slowly but steadily drawing near to their triumph. Whether the Silver Pact will claim victory, or the Realm will somehow survive, or the returned Solars will throw everything upheaval, is a question that can only be answered through play.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So, in other words, the modern day Realm is the result of Lunars slowly chipping away at what used to be an even larger and stronger Realm?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X