No announcement yet.

Exalted Dev Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, but as the Silver Pact is devoted to the destruction of the Realm (and is not a highly-organised society with a set of strict rules, that therefore Ma-Ha-Suchi might be too extreme for), Ma-Ha-Suchi seems like an obvious member.

I'd think Raksi would be a better candidate for "powerful Lunar Elder who's not part of the Silver Pact". Or someone new.
    Either way, someone who's primary focus is something other than fighting the Realm. That could be many things, from learning arcane secrets to simply ruling their own society.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      True, but as the Silver Pact is devoted to the destruction of the Realm (and is not a highly-organised society with a set of strict rules, that therefore Ma-Ha-Suchi might be too extreme for), Ma-Ha-Suchi seems like an obvious member.
      Is my mind playing tricks on me for remembering a time when you realised that you'd misrembered what he was like in the new core?

Because this statement definitely feels like it's based off of Second Edition Ma-Ha-Suchi.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

That is quite possible. I will go and re-read it.

Comment

Yeah, you're right.

I think I kind of expected them to take away his rape-camps and insanity, but still have him as someone who wants to take vengeance on the Realm.
          So that's what I kind of assume his is, so I forgot that he's not.

No, re-reading it I agree with you.
          "He will
          occasionally trade rumors or choice bits of magical plunder
          with respectful envoys from the Silver Pact, and has at
          times consented to take younger Lunars under his guidance
          for a year or two—but for the most part, he maintains
          his solitude."

That seems like someone who is either not part of the Silver Pact, or is only a very nominal member.

Comment

Anyone else thinking that Swaying Grass Style could make for an excellent supplement to a combat build which normally needs to use both hands for a weapon?

By weaponizing your feet, you can switch up your approach without having to drop or exchange what you're holding in your hands.

The Second Edition version also featured a capstone Charm that rewarded fighting to musical accompaniment, which can create synergies with a Silver-Voiced Nightingale Stylist.

Which will just be even more awesome if Fangs at the Gate features a Performance-oriented sorcery initiation with shaping rituals for singing, instruments, and dancing. Perhaps also an initiation merit for emulating the Swan Songs of Symphogear by casting spells with your health levels.
            Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 06-10-2018, 02:52 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Based on scenes from the movie and videos of real centipedes, I’m guessing Centipede Style will look like a venomous Tiger Style. A brutal, rush-down, head-on approach in contrast to Snake’s graceful evasion and quick strikes.

Centipedes use their many legs to rush and tackle their prey with great speed and force. After they latch on with their poisonous claws, they use the leverage of their long bodies and many legs to hold, lift, slam, and flip their prey to render them helpless to escape or counter-grapple, all while continuing to tear at them with venomous claws.

The Centipede Stylist in the movie attacked with confusing and fast movements that were hard to evade, and would clinch his victims with one arm to deliver deadly strikes with the other. He could also render a victim prone and barrage them with kicks to keep them down.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
              X