Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A case for Martial Arts Styles that use axes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It's rare that I agree with the premise of a Sunder thread, but in this case I gotta.

    So here is my contribtion, the most Exalted style axe fighting in my gaming experience, Aeon from Soul Calibur 5 using paired Axes. Also he is a fucking Lizardman, so... Lunar++++



    Lots of stuff to steal from this.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Solar Melee isn’t allowed to directly, specifically enhance smashing or chopping attacks, nor enable grappling gambits with the Melee Ability.

      If you want Charms for using an ax to smash people to the floor, hook them on the backswing, and then use that clinch to throw them back into the ground (or into one of their allies) you must look to Martial Arts.

      Just like you have to use Martial Arts to get unarmed parry Charms worth anything, because Brawl is deliberately geared to be heavily aggressive and weak on defense.
      I don't think we quite agree on the boxes you've put the Abilities in, but regardless, what I hear there is basically "I want to be able to do a grapple gambit without putting down my axes". Which, fair enough, that would be bad ass. And you're right, it's not allowed by the rules-as-written, but it's so close that I feel like one custom Charm/Merit/whatever would be sufficient to unlock that type of stylistic option.

      It doesn't really hit "Martial Art"-level weirdness for me, unless there is something specific about how it works that takes it out of the normal combat paradigm (like Single Point, Steel Devil), or if it's just a component of something bigger; maybe a tier 1 charm that gives form weapons the Grappling tag to set up synergies later.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
        I don't think we quite agree on the boxes you've put the Abilities in
        You can take that up with the developers, then. If you get a different answer, I'd like to hear it. Then I would like an explanation from them about why there isnt a single Melee Charm that lets me use a hammer to achieve an effect like Heaven Thunder Hammer, or a Brawl Charm like Fivefold Bulwark Stance.


        It doesn't really hit "Martial Art"-level weirdness for me, unless there is something specific about how it works that takes it out of the normal combat paradigm (like Single Point, Steel Devil), or if it's just a component of something bigger; maybe a tier 1 charm that gives form weapons the Grappling tag to set up synergies later.
        I think you are ignoring Tiger and Mantis Styles.

        What about Tiger is more than using some Brawl, Athletics, Stealth, and Resistance Charms? There's no single unifying point of unique weirdness to the Style; it succeeds because each Charm is designed to work with all of the others to create a specific (but not unique) play experience you can't get as efficiently from Solar Ability Charms.

        For that matter, I bet you had never imagined anything Single Point or Steel Devil's unique mechanics. You know that I didn't.

        So what would you have told me before the corebook dropped, if I had expressed a need for Celestial Exalted to get a Style that let them use katanas at their level as well as Even Blade worked for Dragon-Blooded in Second Edition?

        Would you have assumed that Single Point Style was impossible and a bad idea just because neither one of us could easily imagine or mechanically articulate a balanced version of Single Point's unique mechanics?

        What sense does it make to poo-poo the idea of an axe style when neither of us could have imagined Single Point's and Steel Devil's defining mechanical tricks?


        Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

        My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          I think you are ignoring Tiger and Mantis Styles.

          What about Tiger is more than using some Brawl, Athletics, Stealth, and Resistance Charms? There's no single unifying point of unique weirdness to the Style; it succeeds because each Charm is designed to work with all of the others to create a specific (but not unique) play experience you can't get as efficiently from Solar Ability Charms.
          I wasn't ignoring them, but you're right to point them out. I avoided bringing them up deliberately because I knew I didn't have time (and still don't) to fully articulate what was going on there (in my view) as it relates to what makes, say, Single Point weird. I did, however, leave room for it in my second clause, "or if it's just a component of something bigger": I was keeping the door open for something more Tiger- or Mantis-like where yes, the capabilities it gives you might show up elsewhere, but they're interlaced in a way that creates something unique.

          Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          For that matter, I bet you had never imagined anything Single Point or Steel Devil's unique mechanics. You know that I didn't.

          So what would you have told me before the corebook dropped, if I had expressed a need for Celestial Exalted to get a Style that let them use katanas at their level as well as Even Blade worked for Dragon-Blooded in Second Edition?

          Would you have assumed that Single Point Style was impossible and a bad idea just because neither one of us could easily imagine or mechanically articulate a balanced version of Single Point's unique mechanics?
          Right on all counts. I didn't see it coming, and in the 2E context I would have told you you were crazy if you pitched it, because there wasn't really room for it back then. But 3e is such a different animal overall that I don't know that it's relevant; we all had to recalibrate our expectations about what MA was when the core dropped. I'm trying to come from a place with those recalibrated expectations; in the 3e paradigm, how would this idea work?

          Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          What sense does it make to poo-poo the idea of an axe style when neither of us could have imagined Single Point's and Steel Devil's defining mechanical tricks?
          To be clear, I'm not poo-pooing the idea of an axe Style, I think it's a good idea. I was trying to help find the thing that makes it mechanically an MA. IMO the example you gave was a (perfectly good) stunt that isn't quite allowed by the rules-as-written, which makes it a great start for a Charm, but I didn't get a sense of where the Style as a whole would go from there. Kunoichi 's crazy magic axes are a bit more suggestive but that might be more "weird" than you're looking for? Maybe something more Tiger-like, but with a different blend of pseudo-Abilities (Survival/Resistance/War?) more evocative of Wolf?

          Comment


          • #20
            I think a big thing (for me) here is that Single Point Shining Into the Void Style isn't a katana style. It is a style that uses katanas. That's where I feel Sunder is going wrong. Instead of setting out to create an axe style, one should attempt to create a style that uses axes. In martial arts, that should be the direction you go. Idea -> what weapon(s) fit it.

            Of course, if you want to have an axe style, it's not terribly helpful to say that you shouldn't try to do that. I realize this.

            (Not that I want to disparage you, Sunder, I appreciate what you'e trying to do.)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
              Likewise for the Wolf Style being proposed, you're going to want a special something that separates it from being just some tricks that melee could easily have. So wolves hunt in packs, are your axes going to be considered your packmates? If so, that seems to indicate that you might want to have a few on you at once. Maybe have throwing the axes being a part of the style. Perhaps the thrown axes, after they land on the ground can still be helping you out and if the opponent doesn't move from them, they could get penalties.

              Now I'm imagining it as an ambush style where you can toss a few axes into trees in the area before the fight and they could help by herding or intimidating your opponents. Heck maybe one of the attack actions could be recalling an axe from a tree or on the ground and it swipes at an opponent from behind them on the way to you. Combo that with the proposed hooking in an enemy and you could bring an enemy at range into close with you. So it could be both a style that forces an enemy to move constantly (and disengaging uses up a combat action) while also making all that movement ultimately futile.
              Tried to write something based on this.

              Wolf Style

              Wolf Style Weapons: Wolf Style uses axes, hatchets and great axes to hook around enemy limbs and weapons. It also can be used unarmed, though such attacks cannot be used with the throwing techniques of the style.
              Armor: Wolf Style is compatible with light and medium armor.
              Complementary Abilities: Wolf Style enjoys controlling terrain and enemy movement, and so makes use of the Athletics and Dodge abilities to ensure its own movement is free.

              Sending Out the Pack
              Cost:-(1m); Mins: Essence 1
              Type:Permanent
              Keywords:Dual, Terrestrial
              Duration:Permanent
              Prerequisites:
              You may make ranged attacks with Wolf Style weapons using thrown rules and the Martial Arts ability. Weapons which do not have the thrown tag gain Thrown (Short). On a turn when you make a ranged Wolf Style attack, you may pay 1m to reflexively draw a new weapon that you are carrying. In Wolf Form, you may instead draw a lodged weapon from the ground.
              Terrestrial: You may not reflexively draw new weapons.

              Sudden Bite Grip
              Cost:6m; Mins: Essence 3
              Type:Supplemental
              Keywords:Dual, Mastery
              Duration:Instant
              Prerequisites:
              This supplements any gambit or withering attack. Add (Perception/2, round up) dice to the attack roll. A gambit double 9s on the initiative roll, while a withering attack knocks the enemy prone as long as it deals at least 1 damage.
              Mastery: You may also double up to (Perception/2, round up) 9s on the attack roll.

              Wolf Form
              Cost:7m; Mins: Essence 1
              Type:Simple
              Keywords:Form
              Duration:One Scene
              Prerequisites:Sending out the Pack, Wolf Bite Grip
              Whenever you make a throw an axe with Sending Out the Pack, mark where it targeted as a lodged weapon. You may make thrown attacks targeting nothing purely to create more lodged weapons, and may potentially do this before a fight begins if you have time to prepare. At most (Perception) weapons may be considered lodged at any time, if a new weapon is thrown choose a previous weapon to cease being lodged.
              Attacks made against enemies within close range of at least one lodged weapon gain +1 withering damage. Successful gambits made against them cost one less initiative (this does not affect the difficulty of the initiative roll). You gain additional soak equal to the number of lodged weapons within short range.
              Special Activation Conditions: You may activate this reflexively when you move into close range with an enemy you made a ranged Wolf Style attack against this or the previous round. If you do, the thrown weapon retroactively becomes lodged where the enemy currently is.

              Pack Defends Leader
              Cost:3m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
              Type:Reflexive
              Keywords:Decisive-Only, Terrestrial
              Duration:Instant
              Prerequisites:Wolf Form
              This can be used when you are attacked by an enemy within close range of a lodged weapon. This creates any kind of gambit as a clash against that attack. A successful gambit steals (extra successes) initiative from the attacker, maximum (essence). You may activate Grasping Unbreakable Bite reflexively to make a grapple gambit with this attack.
              Terrestrial: This counts as your action for the round. If you’ve already attacked this round, it counts as your action for the next.

              Loping Stride
              Cost:3m; Mins: Essence 2
              Type:Supplemental
              Keywords:Mastery
              Duration:Instant
              Prerequisites:Wolf Form
              This supplements a rush action against an enemy in close range of a lodged weapon, or a disengage to move into close range of a lodged weapon. In either case, anyone who opposes you must reroll a successful die for every 1 they roll, starting with the lowest.
              Mastery: Anyone who opposes you and fails loses 1 initiative. If any initiative is lost this way, you gain 1 initative.

              Grasping Unbreakable Bite
              Cost:4m; Mins: Essence 2
              Type:Simple
              Keywords:Decisive-Only, Mastery
              Duration:Until Grapple Ends
              Prerequisites:Wolf Form
              This allows you to make a grapple attempt with an axe as if it had the grapple tag. This attack, as well as the control roll, any savages or throws, or similar rolls, are made with Wolf Style martial arts.
              This grapple attempt may be made against an enemy who is in close range of a lodged weapon, as long as they are also in short range of you. If you do so, they are dragged into close range with you, and the weapon ceases to be lodged.
              Mastery: If it is enhanced by an aim action, this attack made be made against an enemy in close range of a lodgedweapon who is within medium range of you.

              Swarm of Gnashing Teeth
              Cost:5m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
              Type:Simple
              Keywords:Decisive-Only, Mastery, Terrestrial
              Duration:Instant
              Prerequisites:Grasping Unbreakable Bite
              For each lodged weapon, make a decisive attack or gambit against an enemy in close range of it. Each of these attacks must be made against a different target. These attacks have a damage of (initiative/2, round up), and do not reset you to base until you have made all the attacks.
              Mastery: Add (perception/2, round up) to the base damage of each attack.
              Terrestrial: You may only make attacks at enemies within short range of you.

              Mark of Harried Prey
              Cost:3m, 2i; Mins: Essence 3
              Type:Reflexive
              Keywords:Mastery
              Duration:Instant
              Prerequisites:Loping Stride
              This can be used when an enemy disengages while in close range of a lodged weapon, rushes a character in close range of a lodged weapon, or attempts to rise from prone while in close range of a lodged weapon. You may roll (dexterity + martial arts) to oppose whatever movement action they made, with a -1 penalty for each range band you are from them.
              Mastery: Ignore the penalty for range.

              Distraction Leads to Death
              Cost:5m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
              Type:Simple
              Keywords:Decisive-Only, Mastery, Terrestrial
              Duration:Instant
              Prerequisites:Pack Defends the Leader, Swarm of Gnashing Teeth, Mark of Harried Prey
              Make a gambit of your choice against a target with a lodged weapon within short range of them. If the initiative roll succeeds, any extra successes are deal as levels of hardness-ignoring lethal damage, maximum the number of lodged weapons within short range of them, without does not reset you to base initiative. Using this causes a number of lodged weapons within short range of the target equal to the health levels dealt to cease to be lodged.
              This may be used once per scene, reset by crashing a significant enemy.
              Mastery: Extra successes on the attack roll add to your initiative roll.
              Terrestrial: Each health level dealt costs you 1 initiative.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                To be clear, I'm not poo-pooing the idea of an axe Style, I think it's a good idea.
                I would prefer you have mentioned this first, in your first post.

                Not that I always remember to do so myself, but establishing the common ground is the best way to have a constructive debate.


                I was trying to help find the thing that makes it mechanically an MA.
                I'm less picky about HOW a martial arts Style goes about using axes than I am about one needing to exist at all.

                I'm pickier about a hammer Style because I want to see one that isn't an Immaculate Dragon Style. And hell, I even have two different philosophical/metaphorical inspirations appropriate for a non-elemental, hammer-using Style!


                Would an ax style use hatchets? Hatchets and medium axes? Medium and two-handed, heavy axes? I don't know. I sure wouldn't object to having two different Styles that use entirely different weight-classes of ax!


                Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by autXautY View Post
                  Tried to write something based on this.
                  If you really came up with all of that just today, I'm very impressed.

                  But I think you need to sell the narrative reason why lodging weapons around would make the martial artist stronger or more effective.


                  Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                  My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    If you really came up with all of that just today, I'm very impressed.

                    But I think you need to sell the narrative reason why lodging weapons around would make the martial artist stronger or more effective.
                    I probably should have included some flavor text with those. I'll probably edit it later.

                    The image in my head was that the attacks made were the axes literally flying out of their spots and hitting people. It's on the explicitly magical end of martial arts, but not outside of dreaming pearl courtesan or silver-voiced nightingale.
                    Some of the other effects are either more flying axes, or psychological effects on the practitioner, or a semi-coincidentally thing where the axe is somehow in the perfect spot for them to trip on.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Now we're cooking with fire essence! First, here's some inspo for the the Lodged Weapons: Mifune from Soul Eater. I made an artifact built around copying his "Infinite One-Sword Style", but I think it fits what you are doing with the axes. I like the idea of the axes doing the supernatural flying back to you thing. I would say it works because you are infusing them with essence/chi/killing intent if we needed a reason for it to work.

                      If i might suggest a charm- this is the inspiration part of Kung Fu Hustle I meant to link earlier.

                      Chasing Elusive Prey
                      Cost:1m ; Mins: Essence 1
                      Type:Supplement
                      Keywords:Dual, Terrestrial
                      Duration:Permanent
                      Prerequisites: Sending Out the Pack
                      Wolves do not easily lose their sight of their running prey, and neither do you. This charm enables the practitioner to modify their Wolf Style weapons when thrown, allowing them to do ONE of the following per throw: 1) Attack an enemy behind cover (or around a corner, wall, or barrier) as long as there is space for the weapon to be thrown and come around and hook back. 2) Lodge a weapon around a cover (and etc) or 3) make one thrown weapon attack or throw a weapon to lodge it at Medium range. Only one weapon may be considered Lodged at medium range from you.

                      Special: When you are in wolf form, you may throw up to Perception number of weapons to be Lodged at once. This does not enable you to make attacks against many targets, just lodge several weapons in one action.

                      Also,
                      Pack Fights as One
                      (Stuff TBD)

                      Wolves fight as a pack, enabling the Many to hunt the One or the One to hunt the Many. I'm not sure how to mechanics this, but a bonus to damage against a battlegroup to represent the wolfpack (axes) flying through them and cutting them down.


                      ..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

                      Message me for Japanese translations.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I allowed hatchets to be used with Seafaring Hero Style in 2nd ed, seemed appropriate.


                        It is a time for great deeds!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                          Now we're cooking with fire essence! First, here's some inspo for the the Lodged Weapons: Mifune from Soul Eater. I made an artifact built around copying his "Infinite One-Sword Style", but I think it fits what you are doing with the axes. I like the idea of the axes doing the supernatural flying back to you thing. I would say it works because you are infusing them with essence/chi/killing intent if we needed a reason for it to work.

                          If i might suggest a charm- this is the inspiration part of Kung Fu Hustle I meant to link earlier.

                          Chasing Elusive Prey
                          Cost:1m ; Mins: Essence 1
                          Type:Supplement
                          Keywords:Dual, Terrestrial
                          Duration:Permanent
                          Prerequisites: Sending Out the Pack
                          Wolves do not easily lose their sight of their running prey, and neither do you. This charm enables the practitioner to modify their Wolf Style weapons when thrown, allowing them to do ONE of the following per throw: 1) Attack an enemy behind cover (or around a corner, wall, or barrier) as long as there is space for the weapon to be thrown and come around and hook back. 2) Lodge a weapon around a cover (and etc) or 3) make one thrown weapon attack or throw a weapon to lodge it at Medium range. Only one weapon may be considered Lodged at medium range from you.

                          Special: When you are in wolf form, you may throw up to Perception number of weapons to be Lodged at once. This does not enable you to make attacks against many targets, just lodge several weapons in one action.

                          Also,
                          Pack Fights as One
                          (Stuff TBD)

                          Wolves fight as a pack, enabling the Many to hunt the One or the One to hunt the Many. I'm not sure how to mechanics this, but a bonus to damage against a battlegroup to represent the wolfpack (axes) flying through them and cutting them down.
                          I like these. I worry about the ability to throw multiple lodged weapons at once - it seems like it very easily removes the need to build up lodged weapons over the course of the fight. I'm not sure what is meant by 'Only one weapon may be considered Lodged at medium range from you' - currently you can get as many weapons as you want lodged at medium range from by lodging them and walking away.

                          As for an anti-battlegroup charm, maybe one which treats an enemy as lower drill, or forces/makes worse a rout check.

                          Army Herding Technique
                          Cost:5m; Mins: Essence 2
                          Type:Supplemental
                          Keywords: Uniform
                          Duration:Instant
                          Prerequisites: Wolf Form
                          This supplements an attack against a battlegroup. If it deals damage, they must roll a rout check. If it fills their magnitude track, instead increase the difficulty of the regular rout check by the number of lodged blades in close range of them.

                          Other charms I might want but haven't made yet are one creating a list of style-specific gambits (possibly doesn't need a charm, just a note that people are encouraged to make up gambits), one themed around a howl, and one more defensive technique, because the style is very lacking in them. Probably before the form.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by autXautY View Post

                            I like these. I worry about the ability to throw multiple lodged weapons at once - it seems like it very easily removes the need to build up lodged weapons over the course of the fight. I'm not sure what is meant by 'Only one weapon may be considered Lodged at medium range from you' - currently you can get as many weapons as you want lodged at medium range from by lodging them and walking away.

                            As for an anti-battlegroup charm, maybe one which treats an enemy as lower drill, or forces/makes worse a rout check.

                            Army Herding Technique
                            Cost:5m; Mins: Essence 2
                            Type:Supplemental
                            Keywords: Uniform
                            Duration:Instant
                            Prerequisites: Wolf Form
                            This supplements an attack against a battlegroup. If it deals damage, they must roll a rout check. If it fills their magnitude track, instead increase the difficulty of the regular rout check by the number of lodged blades in close range of them.

                            Other charms I might want but haven't made yet are one creating a list of style-specific gambits (possibly doesn't need a charm, just a note that people are encouraged to make up gambits), one themed around a howl, and one more defensive technique, because the style is very lacking in them. Probably before the form.
                            I was under the impression that they lost the "Lodged" quality if you were more than short range from them. Not sure if thats the case.

                            Anyway, i don't see a problem with dropping your axes all at once. Only Gnashing Teeth Nd Distraction Leads to Death operate based on the number of Ledged weapons (which seems like an oversight. Its weird that only 2 charms interact with that number and it requires more bookkeeping), and you are already spending an entire turn just to set that up. I don't know of any other martial arts (besides Crane defense-baiting) that ask the practitioner to give up a round to enable some mandatory aspect of the Martial Art.

                            Mechanically, though, I'd think rewriting the aforementioned charms to ignore the number of lodged weapons would be a good idea. People move around A LOT in Ex3 and i already feel like i need a notepad to track lodged weapons.


                            ..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

                            Message me for Japanese translations.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The only real criticism I have is that the martial art needs to be functional when you're not in its Form. If the only way to get lodged weapons is via its form, then many of the charms are simply impossible to use when you can't do that. My fix would be make lodging weapons charm #1 while being able to throw any axe a benefit of Form. Granted, without the Form's bonuses, a weapon being lodged has no benefit, so there should be something more to it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

                                I was under the impression that they lost the "Lodged" quality if you were more than short range from them. Not sure if thats the case.

                                Anyway, i don't see a problem with dropping your axes all at once. Only Gnashing Teeth Nd Distraction Leads to Death operate based on the number of Ledged weapons (which seems like an oversight. Its weird that only 2 charms interact with that number and it requires more bookkeeping), and you are already spending an entire turn just to set that up. I don't know of any other martial arts (besides Crane defense-baiting) that ask the practitioner to give up a round to enable some mandatory aspect of the Martial Art.

                                Mechanically, though, I'd think rewriting the aforementioned charms to ignore the number of lodged weapons would be a good idea. People move around A LOT in Ex3 and i already feel like i need a notepad to track lodged weapons.
                                I had intended lodged weapons to lose the lodged quality when you had more than perception, when a charm said so, when picked up again, and possibly at the end of the scene, though I didn't state the last part and it isn't as necessary with cap on the number.

                                I think you have convinced me of your point.
                                Alterations I'd make from this:
                                Form no longer has a cap on the number of lodged weapons, weapons explicitly cease to be lodged at end of scene, comment that setting up lodged weapons before the scene is reasonable. maybe add an explicit way for enemies to remove lodged weapons? Form no longer grants bonus soak, instead grants +1 defense while in close range of a lodged weapon.
                                Swarm of Gnashing Teeth allows an attack at up to (Perception) enemies, each of whom must be within close range of a lodged weapon and medium (not sure of this) range of you. Terrestrial possibly reduces that to short range, or some other restriction. Maybe doesn't allow hitting two enemies in close range of each other?
                                Distraction Leads to Death is no longer capped by number of lodged weapons, and doesn't make weapons cease to be lodged.
                                Grasping Unbreakable Bite no longer makes the weapon cease to be lodged. (To remove keeping track of how many weapons are lodged at a place)

                                Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                                The only real criticism I have is that the martial art needs to be functional when you're not in its Form. If the only way to get lodged weapons is via its form, then many of the charms are simply impossible to use when you can't do that. My fix would be make lodging weapons charm #1 while being able to throw any axe a benefit of Form. Granted, without the Form's bonuses, a weapon being lodged has no benefit, so there should be something more to it.
                                I'd had been thinking of it in terms of White Reaper form without which many of the mechanics of the style don't work, but the later White Reaper charms still do something without halos.

                                Having lodged weapons explicitly stick around when you leave the form could help.

                                Possibly add bits to the charms to make them function without lodged weapons?

                                Pack defends leader could clash close range attacks, or ranged attacks with lodged weapons.
                                Grasping Unbreakable Bite was intended to allow grapples always, and have lodged weapons grant range+dragging, but I don't think I wrote that part well.
                                Not sure what Loping Stride and Mark of Harried Prey should do without lodged weapons, but there's probably something. Loping Stride I'd mainly worry that without that it's too much like an athletics charm.
                                Swarm of Gnashing Teeth seems hard to make not reliant on lodged weapons.
                                Distraction Leads to Death is a capstone and I am fine with it requiring you be in the form.


                                I'm not sure if it makes more sense for me to edit the original, write a new complete post, or just have the conversation.
                                Last edited by autXautY; 06-13-2018, 08:27 AM. Reason: Adding a reply to Kunoichi

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X