Quotes you can build a character off of

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes you can build a character off of

You know those quotes that are just so awesome that you can't help but think "I want to say that" those quotes that you just think "wow" well, why not make a character based on those? You can either quote something else, or make up something new, or somewhere in between.

Go nuts.

“Build ‘em up, break ‘em down.”

“Armor’s up!”

“If you build it... they will die.”

“Let’s hear those guns!”

“Oops! Did I leave that there?”

“Do you hear me, baby? Hold together!”

“I’m giving it all she’s got!”

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

"We both have blood on our hands. The difference between you and I, however, is whether we can wash it off and forget it. Can you?"

"I thought you were an actual mountain. I'd apologize for trying to mine you, but we seem beyond that point. Let's rumble."

"I only slept with her sister because it was my duty. Stop laughing."

"The end of Creation may very well mean the beginning of something else. Let's not see what that might be just yet."

"Destiny is a lie. I wasn't born for this; I was chosen."

"How many bodies do we have to stack up before the enemy gets the picture?"

"When I began this journey, I was a wanderer. Then, I found enlightenment. Now, I wander again."

"It's not stealing if they're already dead! Fill your pockets and let's get out of here!"

"It's in your eyes. Something in your eyes. Check them out in the mirror and tell me if I'm wrong." - Stephen King, Danse Macabre

Comment

"I made this half-pony, half-monkey monster to please you, but I get the feeling that you don't like it, what's with all the screaming? You like monkeys, you like ponies. Maybe you don't like monsters so much? Maybe I used too many monkeys ... isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" - Jonathan Coulton (Skullcrusher Mountain)

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack ... a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen (Anthem)

"Act with wisdom, but act." - Sylvari proverb, Guild Wars 2

"Didn't make sense not to live for fun. Your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb." - Smash Mouth (All Star)

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint. I do not feel ashamed." - Meredith Brooks (Bitch) - recommended for those with persona Charms.

"What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone I know goes away in the end. You could have it all - my empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt. If I could start again, a million miles away, I would keep myself. I would find a way." - Nine Inch Nails (Hurt)

"It is far safer to be feared than loved." - Niccolò Machiavelli (The Prince)

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a man's soul to waste." The Rolling Stones (Sympathy for the Devil)

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" - Monty Python (Life of Brian)

"I get drunk on jealousy, but you'll come back each time you leave. 'Cause darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream." - Taylor Swift (Blank Space)

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Ghandi

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small. And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all. It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through. No right, no wrong, no rules for me. I'm free." - Idina Menzel (Let It Go)

"Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning decades of denial is simply why I'll be king undisputed - respected, saluted, and seen for the wonder I am! Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!" - Jeremy Irons (Be Prepared)

"Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, for my unconquerable soul." - William Ernest Henley (Invictus)

"And if you ask me how I'm feeling, don't tell me you're too blind to see. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you." - Rick Astley (Never Gonna Give You Up)

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

"Today we cancel the apocalypse!"

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

"Never have only one reason for doing something." - paraphrased from Elvenbane, Lord Dyran I think

"I believe that bear is wearing people clothes." - Josh Faraday, The Magnificent Seven

"What we lost in the fire, we found in the ashes." - Sam Chisolm, The Magnificent Seven

Comment

"I made a promise by the side of the road/that I would bury my goddamned halo" - Burning Brides, Heart Full of Black

DrLoveMonkey - "On the other hand having a warhammer that's basically a steel beer keg on the end of a seven foot pole is fucking awesome."

Comment

"It is important that we establish an effective teacher-pupil relationship. If we had more time, we would build the foundations of the relationship on mutual respect and trust. As it is, it will be easier to work with fear and pain." - Lotus, Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Comment

"What is good in life you say? Why, to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of the chickas!"

"I have observed the wages of sin. They were quite high, for it seems that sin pays well these days. I will change that - and I will leave the sinners poor, owning but the patch of dirt they are buried in"

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Quotes, or song lyrics rather, I have built characters off of:

Chosen of Serenity-
                    "There are things we can't recall, Blind as night that finds us all
                    Winter tucks her children in, her fragile china dolls
                    But my hands remember hers, rolling around the shaded ferns
                    Naked arms, her secrets still like songs I'd never learned"
                    ______

Water Aspect -
                    "Hook me up a new revolution
                    'Cause this one is a lie
                    We sat around laughing and watched the last one die"

______

Renegade Midnight-
                    "I will learn to love the skies I'm under"

_______

Chosen of Endings -
                    "Brave lady could you see me in the
                    Darkness
                    Wait, nameless like a stone"

Alchemical-
                    "If only the clockworks could speak

I wouldn't be so alone
                    We burn every magnet and spring
                    And spiral into the unknown"

________

Twilight-
                    "And so lying underneath those stormy skies
                    She'd say, "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
                    I know the sun must set to rise"

Chosen of Secrets-
                    "I know I'll wither so peel away the bark
                    'Cause nothing grows when it is dark
                    In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear
                    I see it all so clear"
                    Last edited by wonderandawe; 06-14-2018, 05:24 PM.

Hi, guys!

Comment

"Weapons are a coward's weapon." -Sean Conneelly

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
                      -Roger Zelazny

Comment

"Do you believe in destiny?"

Comment

"Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand,
                          I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
                          -Firefly theme song

DrLoveMonkey - "On the other hand having a warhammer that's basically a steel beer keg on the end of a seven foot pole is fucking awesome."

Comment

(Fiends)
                            So prepare for the coup of the century.
                            Be prepared for mirkiest scam.
                            (SWLIHN)
                            Meticulous planning
                            (Adorjan)
                            Tenacity spanning
                            (Cecylene)
                            Decades of Denial
                            (Malfeas-as-Green Sun, with ED's voice as a faint whisper)
                            is simply why I'll
                            be King, Undisputed, Respected, Saluted
                            (ED Alone, bofuscating green sun with open-fanged roar)
                            And Seen for the Wonder I Am!
                            Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared.
                            (Full Infernal Chorus)
                            Be Prepared!

Popping in from time to time.

Comment

More seriously, perhaps, I used to like 'Death is lighter than a feather; duty is heavier than a mountain.'
                              I cn't seem to recall where that came from. I think it's a Wheel of Time quote? The nature of taa'veren and reincarnating, doomed heroes does have its appeal here...

Popping in from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X