No announcement yet.

Exalted Mobile Homes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you imagine what Lunar moots look like, with all of these demigod rednecks showing up and parking their magical trailer-homes on the host’s lawn?

Speaking with total love for rednecks.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Can you imagine what Lunar moots look like, with all of these demigod rednecks showing up and parking their magical trailer-homes on the host’s lawn?

Speaking with total love for rednecks.
      For any lovers of Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0 out there this made me realize that the "nomads" are, in fact, Lunars. There is a shard there to be developed I think.....

Comment

In the game I ran, the PCs did visit a Lunar moot, and one guy had a giant flying wyld-turtle that swam through the sky (using the No Moon charm that takes something in the Wyld and stabilises it, IIRC). But most of the Lunars just flew there.
        I probably should have done a few more, but that was the only one I could think of.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Without the Silver Pact, I imagine most Lunars would lack for mobile homes.

But the Pact is explicitly a trade network, so I imagine that any Lunar interested in having one can make a deal with someone who can supply them with something to their specifications.

Comment

My Eclipse has a Folding Ship which has Evocations that allow it to turn into a large caravan wagon and give it access hatches that open onto an arbitrarily large storage space.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

Remind me what that is? A spell like that Pavilion thing?
              As was already said, it's an artefact piece of comfy furniture, but I believe one of its features was also that it could fairly freely be reconfigured. Imagine an artifact fold-out couch turned up to 11.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                It was an Artifact devoted to just being a particularly comfy piece of furniture. Their writeup is in Wonders of the Lost Age, if memory serves.
                Particularly comfortable, but not a particular piece. Rather it changed shape to replicate any kind of posh, stuffed furniture the owner desired.

--edit: so that's what happens when you post without checking the last page.
                Last edited by Greyman; 06-28-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Using behemoths as the base for your mobile home just got more desirable, with the revelation that Lunars can eventually learn a Wits Charm that lets them shrink a familiar to portable size.

Comment

A player in the game I am running wanted to be a wandering blacksmith riding a turtle. Now (thanks to a couple of celestial sorcerous workings) the turtle is legendary size, and a mobile forge capable of smelting ore in its mouth.

However he didnt use full finesse, so I’m thinking of requiring he eat at least a talent of red jade a year or his forge fire goes out? (He fed the turtle an alchemical mixture of red jade as means for the working)

Comment

Makes sense to me.
                      That's a pretty cool home.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedbarista View Post
                        A player in the game I am running wanted to be a wandering blacksmith riding a turtle. Now (thanks to a couple of celestial sorcerous workings) the turtle is legendary size, and a mobile forge capable of smelting ore in its mouth.

However he didnt use full finesse, so I’m thinking of requiring he eat at least a talent of red jade a year or his forge fire goes out? (He fed the turtle an alchemical mixture of red jade as means for the working)
                        That is super cool

Comment

I had a write-up for a hekatonkhire that's basically Dracula's castle from Castlevania - a huge, flying, cursed semi-sentient castle that spreads gloom and doom and (if kept in the same place for an extended period of time, eventually) Shadowlands in the region around it. It also has a bunch of ghosts that have become bound to it as servants and which are summoned and bound when it is. Also, it always exists separately in both Creation-side and Underworld-side versions (even in Shadowlands), which you can go between via gates scattered throughout it.
                          Last edited by Aquillion; 07-28-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
                            I had a write-up for a hekatonkhire that's basically Dracula's castle from Castlevania - a huge, flying, cursed semi-sentient castle that spreads gloom and doom and (if kept in the same place for an extended period of time, eventually) Shadowlands in the region around it. It also has a bunch of ghosts that have become bound to it as servants and which are summoned and bound when it is. Also, it always exists separately in both Creation-side and Underworld-side versions (even in Shadowlands), which you can go between via gates scattered throughout it.
                            small trivia, the Japanese name for the series is Devil Castle Dracula, so the idea of the castle itself being a cursed eldritch location is quite enforced. In Symphony of the Night Alucard (or Richter) straight up says that the castle is itself a creature of chaos and that's why its layout changes every incarnation.

Palanquin of Grand Sire
                            For the purpose of this thread, i designed a palanquin that is the size of a small house which attaches to the back of a giant, white elephant. The creator was vain in the extreme though, so instead of the palanquin requiring a giant, white elephant, the harness turns animals into Giant, White Elephants. The same one, apparently, because it retains memories of all the times it is called into service. The elephant is about 25 feet tall and about 40 feet long, it's tusks are capped in shining gold leaf with intricate geometric patterns engraved, and positively embedded with rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. The Elephant (called "Grand Sire") has various henna tattoos enscribed on it in red-brown, which take subtly different shapes each day and bear secret poems and stories hidden in the design by use of a long-forgotten language of the South- the Script of Sand. Any one who can read these stories aloud to Grand Sire will be favored and loved, allowed to ride (regardless of the current Palanquin Owner's wishes). Grand Sire cannot speak a conventional language, but it's barks, moans, and roars can effectively convey simple desires to any allowed to ride. The most commonly heard phrases are "Water" "Cocoa Nuts" and "Salt Rock". Cocoa nuts are of course a favorite of Grand Sire, and he will often go out of his way to eat them.

The Palanquin itself sits on a large disk, intricately engraved with celestial markings and is made of a strange, grey-green stone. Over the disk lie several thick carpets, and many sitting pillows of silk and lace. there is a single round table in the center of the Palanquin, and anything placed on it will not spill or slosh around as Grand Sire walks. Currently there is an iron kettle of peach tea on a hot rock warmer (accompanied by a porcelain teapot, with 5 alabaster cups), and a hookah with cinnamon spiced tobacco in the center- complete with 5 pipes. A chest by the table contains various games, such as Go, Chess, and Mancala, as well as cards, books of prose, poetry, and epics of romance and war. Above the disk is a splendid awning, woven of gold cloth brocade. It's golden color burns like fire amongst the snow, and shines like a gem in the jungle. The shade of the awning is always comfortable, regardless of weather, and even the fiercest storms do not penetrate it. The cloth walls of the Palanquin, not too dissimilar of a ger, can be rolled up to allow sunlight and fresh air in. there are several layers, from thick cloth of gold to the lightest veil of saffron colored silk, so that the right amount of light may be let in. These walls are operated by a simple rope, one for each wall.

Grand Sire will kneel upon request, and a simple rope ladder can be rolled out from the palanquin. Under Grand Sire's great belly a belt secures the palanquin, with a simple clasp. If removed, Grand Sire will disappear slowly over about one minute, becoming transparent, and shrinking along with the disk of the Palanquin. When removed, the Palanquin disk is about 3 feet across, rather large and heavy as stone, but transportable. Whatever creature was belted with the Palanquin does not come back, however, and no one knows what becomes of them. The Belt does nothing do humans or gods, and seems to work only on ordinary creatures. If the belt is affixed around a White Elephant, however, it grows to the size of Grand Sire (and indeed, becomes him), and shrinks back to its normal size and body when removed.

Despite the many and varied climates of the world, Grand Sire is never affected by the heat, cold, snow or rain. It does not seem to become dirtied, even in the muddiest swamps. Grand Sire will happily ford rivers and lakes, but absolutely refuses to swim if it cannot walk. It can understand most any directions, and will take people do their destination as best as possible. Grand Sire walks at a pace of about 10 miles per hour and can run, but does not like to, and a speed of about 30 mph.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Way back in 2nd edition, someone posted about how "Hermit Crab's Mobile Home" would be a stupid idea for a Charm. As a lover of mobile bases in fiction, I took it as a personal challenge to whip up some Lunar Charms and related characters.

Hermit Crab Finds Shelter
                              Cost: 3m, 1wp
                              Type: Simple (Speed 5)
                              Duration: Indefinite
                              Keywords: Obvious, Combo-OK
                              Minimums: Wits 4, Essence 4
                              Prereqs: Many-Pockets Meditation

The humble hermit crab finds homes with ease, taking shelter in other’s cast offs. The Lunar has internalized this truth, finding cover from the elements in seashells, boxes, knotholes, and the like. The Lunar forces the insides of his new home into Elsewhere, where they expand into a space large enough for the Lunar and his possessions. Any item with an entrance large enough for the Lunar to fit a finger into can serve as shelter.

As long as the motes are committed, the Lunar may enter or leave his shelter, as well as store and retrieve items, with a miscellaneous action. While inside the shelter, the Lunar can monitor the outside world if he so chooses, taking a -1 external penalty from his limited perspective.

If the shelter is destroyed, the violent recompression deals 4 dice of undodgeable, unblockable damage to everything inside. The Lunar reappears, knocked prone, in the wreckage.

Hermit Crab’s Mobile Home
                              Cost: --(+2m, 1wp)
                              Type: Permanent
                              Duration: Scene
                              Minimums: Wits 5, Essence 4
                              Prereqs: Hermit Crab Finds Shelter

While the Lunar typically carries his shelter with him (when it moves at all), this Charm allows the Lunar’s shelter to carry him.The Lunar’s shelter skids along on silver streamers of Essence, able to take any Move action the Character would typically be able to take, including those supplemented by Charms. There are few things as terrifying, or confusing, to the Wyld Hunt as chasing a conch shell hurtling away as fast as a horse and jumping hundreds of yards in a leap.

The Lunar’s DDV benefits from the size of his shelter (typically Miniscule), although he obviously is unable to Parry without a stunt.

Hermit Crab’s Home Security Technique
                              Cost: --(+m)
                              Type: Permanent
                              Duration: Permanent
                              Minimums: Wits 5, Essence 4
                              Prereqs: Hermit Crab Finds Shelter

The Lunar may apply any defensive Charms he knows to his home, covering his shell in a moonsilver coating or bony plates. Charms that modify dodging and parrying (obviously) require the use of Hermit Crab’s Mobile Home.
                              Last edited by Codexgigas; 12-19-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X