What Locals are Missing/We need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Locals are Missing/We need?

So what types of Locals do you feel would be helpful to have in upcoming books? What do types do we need examples of? Any particular region?

I think it would be helpful to place a few new locals close to some important older ones. Like for instance I would like another example of merchant hub city close to Nexus. Because Nexus is already the primo trade hub along a trade river nexus it would be interesting to see an example of one of the other trade cities and how they react to being in the shadow of Nexus, what opportunities do you have there when you don't have all the pressure Nexus has? What culture condenses next to such a melting pot?

I would also like examples of Cultures that spring up that seem to be heavily influenced by some of their nearby neighbors. Like what about a small nation influenced by being between Gethamane and Whitewall?

I would like some examples of the Realm experimenting with colonizing. Like say they try to make a settlement on an Island in the west to work as a stepping stone between the Blessed Isle and the Far West. Something established from scratch rather than just taken over. Or maybe great location for a city on the Southern Coast is now available because one of the many big scary behemoths smashed one while battling a Legion or Pack. It killed everyone and the structures where smashed and Tsunamied out to sea. So the Realm decides to cap the demense nearby and build a colony there.

I would also like examples of say Humans trying to settle in deep Caverns, being able to fight off the Darkbrood because they aren't insanely deep, but still very hella deep underground.

Basically I would like more stepping stone locals that help bridge the gap of cultural drift and mixing between larger more prominent civilizations.

It is a time for great deeds!

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    I would also like examples of Cultures that spring up that seem to be heavily influenced by some of their nearby neighbors. Like what about a small nation influenced by being between Gethamane and Whitewall?

I would also like examples of say Humans trying to settle in deep Caverns, being able to fight off the Darkbrood because they aren't insanely deep, but still very hella deep underground.
    Funny that you would mention it, the White Sea port city of Alpore, first place that i ever wrote for 3e was pretty much that - well, except they intrigue, trade (and bang) with the darkbroods as much as they fight, if not more so - with some little bits of re-dressed 2e stuff mixed in.

I would like some examples of the Realm experimenting with colonizing. Like say they try to make a settlement on an Island in the west to work as a stepping stone between the Blessed Isle and the Far West.
    Ain't Gloam sort of like that for the East/River Province? Really got that kind of impression. Prasad with its dynastic houses gone native and parallels to british India can certainly count too.

Something established from scratch rather than just taken over.
    Well, that's sort of complicated as - in real life at least - really good geographical locations usually are the ones that get settled and re-settled all the time.

Taking over a weakened or fallen city-state and working from there can be simpler than building from scratch (trade routes included) in some unsettled place. That said, it can also mean that some kind of "such amazing locale, i can't believe it's still so unused and pristine" locale might actually hide secret bits of lost/past history buried under the green/sands or whatever.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 07-05-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X