X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SamuraiMujuru
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
    All I could find was this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDgUhzVBzE

While at first I thought the initial volley was a little catastrophic for Exalted flame weapons, I realized it was about a dozen people firing !flamewands at once, so yeah.

It is a crime that these movies aren't readily available for streaming.
    That scene is the projectile rifles like the monk uses, though the short range devastation IS still a great example for short range firewand line.

There's one specific scene where there's clearly a different kind of gun/rifle/staff/thing that shoots a prolonged gout of flame. I'm fairly certain it's the caravan scene from early in the film, and I can picture it in my mind's eye, but I can't find it online anywhere.

So what this will probably lead to is a rewatching of Princess Mononoke so I can actually figure out exactly when it is, and maybe capture video so i can make a gif or something. :-P
    Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 07-26-2018, 12:53 PM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

• SamuraiMujuru
      • Nov 2013

Aha! I knew I wasn't crazy! (At least in this particular case...) Lady Eboshi's bodyguard uses it in the caravan attack, right about 00:20:58. Gonna see if I can't cut it down into a gif.

Update: I have now probably put in far more work than this really called for, but behold! A gif!

Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 07-26-2018, 08:46 PM. Reason: Made it better

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
        • Nov 2013

So, does anyone want a thread to discuss adapting the firearms from Shards into Third Edition?

I'm not looking to bring guns into vanilla Creation, but I'd like to have Shellcasters as an option, and there's always Modern Creation games that people might want to play.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

• Isator Levi
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

Update: I have now probably put in far more work than this really called for
          Just wait until you start compiling and editing video footage solely for the sake of producing something to make a point.

Incidentally, Princess Mononoke appears to have something in common with Iron Man 3; providing antagonists with an ability to shoot streams of flame that looks quite useful, only gets used once, and never really brought up again.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
            • Nov 2013

It wasn't a fire-based power, but I made a similar comment about the villain when I saw Ant-Man.

He/him

Comment

• SamuraiMujuru
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              So, does anyone want a thread to discuss adapting the firearms from Shards into Third Edition?

I'm not looking to bring guns into vanilla Creation, but I'd like to have Shellcasters as an option, and there's always Modern Creation games that people might want to play.
              In theory it'd be really easy with the new weapons system. I'd probably make new accuracy mods depending on what you're using, but the tags wouldn't be hard
              Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 07-27-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Accelerator
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                We never see them load any slugs into those do we? That was pretty intense and will be my go to from here on out.
                ... Well, we don't see them load slugs.

But the boat god at the beginning had a slug stuck in him, and there was definitely a projectile when Eboshi shot the god of life and death.

Comment

• SamuraiMujuru
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

... Well, we don't see them load slugs.

But the boat god at the beginning had a slug stuck in him, and there was definitely a projectile when Eboshi shot the god of life and death.
                  There's three different rifle/things over the course of the movie. There's the base cannon-on-end-of-stick, which I'm pretty sure you see get loaded at some point or another and clearly fire slugs. There's Lady Eboshi's upgraded musket that looks more like a traditional firearm, which also very explicitly fires slugs. Last there's Eboshi's bodyguard who has a cannon-on-stick that very clearly shoots just a huge gout of flame and you never see it reloaded, I posted a gif of it.

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
                    • Nov 2013

People prefer ammunition checks rather than setting an exact count of arrows in their quiver (which would historically be, like, 10 or so anyway, right?), right?

I’m thinking for a six-shooter revolver, or any kind of revolver, the mythos demands an exact count. Ammunition checks would be more appropriate for magazine or belt-fed firearms.

Comment

• Epee102
                      • May 2016

People prefer ammunition checks rather than setting an exact count of arrows in their quiver (which would historically be, like, 10 or so anyway, right?), right?

I’m thinking for a six-shooter revolver, or any kind of revolver, the mythos demands an exact count. Ammunition checks would be more appropriate for magazine or belt-fed firearms.

I had a revolver firewand artifact, and the player just had to reload after 6 shots--I never tracked how many shots he had on his person though.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                      Many Limbed Manual
                      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                        I had a revolver firewand artifact, and the player just had to reload after 6 shots--I never tracked how many shots he had on his person though.
                        So, an ammunition check after every six shots?

Comment

• Elfive
                          • Jun 2014

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself."

*rolls ammo check*

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            "I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself."

*rolls ammo check*
                            I’m not denying that such a thing is totally appropriate in a scenario where everyone really has lost track in all of the excitement.

Doesn’t change my feeling that revolvers should generally require bullet-counting. At least the guns with Evocations based around how many bullets are left in the cylinder.

Comment

• Epee102
                              • May 2016

So, an ammunition check after every six shots?

Nah--Six shots, and then the slow tag. If you wanted the ammunition check, that could work there but I never found it apporpriate.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                              Many Limbed Manual
                              Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                              San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                              My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Frostav
                                • Jan 2015

I'm fine with guns in creation but then again I'm also fine with magitech and shit so I know I'm in a losing battle. No assault rifles or anything, but I'm down for single-shot rifles and pistols as well as revolver pistols and rifles (yes, the latter existed, but mostly as a crappy experiment). Use the Shards rules and make them a rare first age experiment that didn't go anywhere due to how hideously expensive their ammo was (I used fire pearls).

Also, I came up with this idea for an artifact...launcher...thing called a "Magma Deathspitter" or summat that basically feeds in a big-ass metal chain, shreds it with magical material blades, heats the shreds up in an orichalcum chamber, and then spits lavametaldeath everywhere.

Comment

Working...