No announcement yet.

Lunars Playtest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested to know if there are any Charms in the playtest document that do the following:
    • Allow you to "flash step" or otherwise move quickly in short bursts, without having to invest deeply into Dexterity.
    • Attack (or at least wreck things) with your voice.
    • Compensate for blindness on a long-term basis.
    • Enhance Defend Other actions, again without requiring significant Dexterity investment.
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    That escalated quickly.
    Yeah, probably shouldn't have said that. Oh well!

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    I would be interested in you starting a new thread to explain how and in what ways you found the manuscript for the new Dragon-Blooded manual disappointing.
    Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
    I agree. I'd be interested to see that as well. I personally am super excited to play a DB campaign!
    I don't think it warrants a full thread, but I suppose I could PM you my thoughts, if you're interested.

Comment

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on WFHW. Just in case I encounter another of my players that has similar thoughts.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
      Follow us on Twitter!
      Follow us on Facebook!
      Follow us on the Web!
      Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

Comment

I’m curious about how Lunar Charms deal with situations in which someone is riding them.

Like if a Defend Other Charm might allow the Lunar to substitute her Evasion for Parry if she’s a horse and her ward is on her back.

Miracles of the Solar Exalted had an Athletics Charm for effectively giving your movement action for your turn to someone else... by throwing them. Lunars could do something similar just by being ridden, so you figure that having the ability to throw allies with a Strength Charm would be acceptable.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Sorry I must.
          I’m curious about how Lunar Charms deal with situations in which someone is riding them.
          Oh my...

Assorted homebrew goes here.
          Please help the Ex3 wiki grow. Even if it's just posting existing homebrew there so there's less chance of losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
            I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on WFHW. Just in case I encounter another of my players that has similar thoughts.
            *coughs*AURA*coughs* *COUGHS*underwhelmingcharms*COUGHS**coughs*wouldn' teverinamillionyearsplayaDBusingDBcharmsratherthan MAandEvocations*

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
              Sorry I must.
              Oh my...

Actually, if both meanings of that are present in the book , it would be pretty awesome (even better if part of the same cascade/ tree)

Comment

Originally posted by Cryo-Seraph View Post

Actually, if both meanings of that are present in the book , it would be pretty awesome (even better if part of the same cascade/ tree)
                I can assure you, both meanings are present, if you use a stunt.

(or will be, at my table)

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
                  *coughs*AURA*coughs* *COUGHS*underwhelmingcharms*COUGHS**coughs*wouldn' teverinamillionyearsplayaDBusingDBcharmsratherthan MAandEvocations*
                  Aww man, I LOVE the new DB Charms! I'm going to have to make a super-slick character of the week that really digs into the Aura thing!

Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                  Owner/Admin of DeepWyld.com
                  Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

Sooo, does the podcast talk much about actually playing the mechanics? I gathered that there was a reference to a sequence of Charms to knock somebody about, anything else?

You should probably get that looked at; it might get worse and you'd die.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

We’re playing with them in various games this week.

Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                      Owner/Admin of DeepWyld.com
                      Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

Did they bring back the regeneration charms (Bruise Relief Method or Halt the Scarlet Flow, if I remember right)? 'cos I would like to see how they made that gel with the new combat system.

Great show by the way.

Comment

Most of the charms are fine though. They could be a little stronger but it's about the level they should be at. MA and evocations aren't much better for DBs unless you learn the dragon styles. Though, it does essentially make the strongest DB's martial artists.

Comment

The strongest DBs were always the Immaculate martial artists, and Aura is what allows Dragon-Blooded access to stronger abilities than what they would otherwise been allowed to have.

I really don’t see how Aura is worse than the headache that was surcharges.

And this discussion should be taking place in another thread.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Yeah, let's keep it on Lunars.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

And this discussion should be taking place in another thread.
                                I'm going to make that thread I said I wouldn't, I think. There's more interest in it than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X