No announcement yet.

What Animal Styles do you want to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Animal Styles do you want to see?

So, we know that there's another two animal styles upcoming in Lunars, in addition to Mantis (from the DB book), Crane, Snake, Tiger, and Nightingale. Before anyone asks, they've already decided on the Lunars styles, but it made me curious as to what Animal styles people wanted to see in 3e. Do you want updates of 1e or 2e animal styles, like Crystal Chameleon or Monkey? A named but never produced style, like Plague Rat? An entirely new style, like Octopus or Fox?

(If you don't want any new animal styles, then please ignore this thread, thank you.)

Would a Tyrant Lizard Style use a two-handed axe?

What animal would be emulated with a two-handed hammer? Bears, elephants, rhinos?

I'm fed up with animal styles that use hook swords and seven-section staves, and I want to see more Styles that use heavy melee weapons that smash and chop.

Graceful Hummingbird Style at least varies things up by using thrusting swords. I wonder if those would be small or medium?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

For me, I'd like an update for Crystal Chameleon, but I also wouldn't mind seeing a Butterfly Style based on the "Butterfly Tree" of Lunar charms from 2e. A Fox Style and Raccoon Style could be cool too, though I could imagine those might overlap with existing styles a bit too much for them to be particularly easy to build.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
        Would a Tyrant Lizard Style use a two-handed axe?

What animal would be emulated with a two-handed hammer? Bears, elephants, rhinos?

I'm fed up with animal styles that use hook swords and seven-section staves, and I want to see more Styles that use heavy melee weapons that smash and chop.

Graceful Hummingbird Style at least varies things up by using thrusting swords. I wonder if those would be small or medium?
        I could buy using a giant hammer to emulate the stomp of an elephant or a hammer with a big spike in the center to emulate a Rhino's stomp and gore attacks.

That said, you make a good point.

It would also be cool to have some styles that emulated animals that exist in Exalted that we don't have, like Raitons, Claw Striders, Ox-Dragons, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          For me, I'd like an update for Crystal Chameleon
          But do you have an argument about why Sprinting Disco Ninja Style is better for the Lunar book than for the Sidereal one?

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Butterfly Style based on the "Butterfly Tree" of Lunar charms from 2e.
          That might be interesting, if you could come up with enough Charms for it and not end up duplicating Dreaming Pearl Courtesan. I imagine Butterfly Style would use war fans, and possibly wind-fire wheels.

A Fox Style and Raccoon Style could be cool too, though I could imagine those might overlap with existing styles a bit too much for them to be particularly easy to build.
          What do you see them doing that Ebon Shadow Style doesn't already do with stealth and evasion?

I'd like to see an Octopus Style use weighted ropes and chains (possibly yoyos) to lash and bind people.

There's also my Puppeteer Spider Style idea, for razor-wire combat.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

I specified in my original post that the ship has sailed on trying to get more Animal styles into the Lunars book, but that discussion made me curious as to what Animal Styles other people wanted to see show up down the line. I'd enjoy seeing Hypersonic Disco Ninja style in the Sids book, a hypothetical MA book, or anywhere else it might show up.

Comment

Surely a Butterfly Style would use butterfly swords and balisongs?

Comment

Does Crystal Chameleon count?

Comment

Ah, Brilliant Rain already called Crystal Chameleon. I should read more better.

Comment

I would like to see a SHIELD based MA - Goat style, or bull/ox style

but it would be using a shield with one or more spikes on it: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...th_a_spike.jpg

It would be an MA focused on taking hits, getting angry, and massive knockback (more than heaven thunder hammer) - you know, like in some cartoon where you get hit by something and just fly off into the sky. Or massive bull-rush charges that sends people flying.

I'm thinking that the form charm lets you 'save up' soaked bashing damage, which you can then spend via one or more charms to kick or shield-bash someone to make them fly off Essence x MA yards per saved up charge.

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Originally posted by webkilla View Post
                      and massive knockback (more than heaven thunder hammer)
                      Have you tried knocking someone back with Heaven Thunder Hammer?

Comment

I'm currently working on an animal style based on the ankylosaurus. Still torn between calling it Pestletail Style or Anklok style after the matching Dragon King

Comment

I'd like something along the wolf kinda track - attacking someone who is engaged with an ally, disabling attacks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            The recent Exigent released for Adversaries gives stats for a rapier, as a light weapon with the Lethal, Melee, Disarming, and Piercing tags.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

So the Solar Castes have animal nicknames. The Dawns are Bronze Tigers, the Zeniths are Golden Bulls, the Twilights are Copper Spiders, the Nights are Iron Wolves, and the Eclipses are Quicksilver Falcons. When Castebook Dawn came out, it had Tiger Style in it. "Oh," said us on the forums. "I bet that means we'll get a new animal style in each of the castebooks, corresponding to the animal nicknames of the castes!"

That didn't happen.

So my answer remains, eternally, Bull Style, Spider Style, Wolf Style, and Falcon Style. That's been my answer to this question since 2001, and that will be my answer forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X