What Animal Styles do you want to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    Especially now that Falcon Style is apparently covering "pouncing from on high", I really don't see what Leopard Style is going to offer that Tiger Style doesn't.

And I'd be pleasantly surprised if there's room for another Dragon Style, especially in a world where "dragon" is rather amorphous and there's no element to give the Style form.
    Well, there's the river dragon and the sea dragon for non-elemental, actually an animal styles. Some others might be referred to colloquially as dragons, and hence be a dragon style even though they aren't one of the Five Elemental Dragon styles.

Comment

What animal seems appropriate for full plate armor and a two-handed axe?
      Rhino? Maybe Armadillo?

I've long had an idea for a Bat Style, that uses weighted cloaks as a Form Weapon, and has a kind of "essence radar" that gives bonuses for blindfighting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

You know, I feel as though Charcoal March of Spiders could do with some revision and consolidation, as I often thought that it was a weird crossover between something relatively grounded and mundane in its idea of entangling threads, and something more elaborate, esoteric and severe in its elements of things like hitting people without touching them.

As I recall, the style was supposed to be built around a principle of consumption, but I could never quite see it.
        The "consumption" theme was mainly in the charms revolving around stealing essence from one's targets, in one case paralyzing them to do so, and even swallowing their soul. Not a lot, I know, but it was there.

Comment

• One of the big missed opportunities of late 2E was that some MA styles had not only been written, but had even been playtested, but were never published. I kept hoping we'd get them on Ink Monkeys, but they kept saying things like how there might still be a place for them somewhere, somewhen, so they just preferred to sit on them.

One of them was Valorous Mouse Style, if I recall correctly, and I think it may have taken inspiration from the Mice of the Sun. The other was Celestial Peacock Style, which was apparently a Social-heavy style, as one playtester described it as making the user into the "bitchiest queen cheerleader from hell", or somesuch!

Sadly, I fear we'll never see those now...

Comment

Especially now that Falcon Style is apparently covering "pouncing from on high", I really don't see what Leopard Style is going to offer that Tiger Style doesn't.

And I'd be pleasantly surprised if there's room for another Dragon Style, especially in a world where "dragon" is rather amorphous and there's no element to give the Style form.
            In the real world, Leopard style is quite different from Tiger.
            But I'm mostly saying this for the sake of having the 5animal styles, and Exalted's generally gone for the less common, but more varied, Crane/Tiger/Mantis/Monkey/Snake.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

In the real world, Leopard style is quite different from Tiger.
              But how would it be different in Exalted, on the mechanical representation level?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

But how would it be different in Exalted, on the mechanical representation level?
                I think the design space for martial arts is easily large enough for Tiger and Leopard styles to exist together in perfect harmony.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  Crane/Tiger/Mantis/Monkey/Snake.
                  And maybe panda?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• I'm not really sure what that would actually involve, mechanically.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                      And maybe panda?
                      Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      I'm not really sure what that would actually involve, mechanically.
                      If we’re talking about how Po from Kung Fu Panda fights, then we’re looking at an almost “rubber man” fighting style. Eschewing armor, the style might bloat you with fat if you aren’t already chubby enough, and use that soft cushioning to negate damage from falls and blunt weapons, while channeling those impacts into leaps and counter-attacks.

There’s at least one Charm for taunting your opponent and clowning around to confuse and frustrate them, especially with how you bounce around and turn their own force back against them.

It’s a like a less elegant, more aggressive and provocative form of Crane Style.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Has there ever been a real Turtle Kung Fu Style?
                        Are you telling me DBZ turtle school is not real?!

We already have Crane style in Exalted. Why not a MA build around Kamehameha?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kanchou View Post
                          Are you telling me DBZ turtle school is not real?!

We already have Crane style in Exalted. Why not a MA build around Kamehameha?
                          Because it'd be really embarrassing to practice.

Comment

What animal seems appropriate for full plate armor and a two-handed axe?
                            Siege lizard (Ex3 p.572) says "heavy armor and a long swung weapon with a head that tears through flesh" to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X