On What Fire Has Wrought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squidheadjax View Post
    There's the Wood 'add stamina to your grapple control roll' charm that is almost always less efficient than the excellency, which I'd hope to see tweaked...

Also elusive heat-shimmer technique is so fragile and in a way so completely out of the player's control. I just had a character in a fight where it was actually a good thing that I'd forgotten I just bought it, because it would have poofed in the first round. Even just giving the option to immediately repay the cost would leave it only slightly edging out the dodge Excellency.
    Yeah, in fact considering the excellency adds a bonus effect even when it's at its most efficient it isn't as efficient, you need to be in Wood Aura for it to do anything really, in which case it should just be an Aura charm.

Comment

• It's not an aura charm because it also adds stamina to withering damage, which is perfectly functional as it's not subject to dice caps nor can it be used with the excellency.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Is that a rooster totem Lunar I see? "Now boy-ah-say-boy! Lookit here naw, you've got this crusade thing all wrong y'see? All wrong! Y'keep goin' on like that and yer gonna end up-ah-say end up dead! D-E-A-D dead! You've gotta respec'tem see? Treat'em like a proper foe! They sure's shootin respect you! Now com'ere and let me show you how it's done. I swear this boy's got gusto but he's dumber than a bag of hammers."

Of course if it followed the actual theme of most of those cartoons you'd have Foghorn Leghorn lining up a shot against a Dynast while the young chickenhawk Lunar is already holding all the artifacts of the sworn kinship he killed earlier.
        I'm... going to do this.

And he's going to be evil and grand.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
          It's not an aura charm because it also adds stamina to withering damage, which is perfectly functional as it's not subject to dice caps nor can it be used with the excellency.
          But it is so wasteful to use on a control roll that that half of the charm is a trap option.

Shimmering Heat-Mirage Tactic is the biggest disappointment to me, though, to the extent that I'm going to ask my ST to let me un-buy it.
          Last edited by squidheadjax; 09-06-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• This is true. As-written it's a two-in-one charm that's more 1 and a half in 1.

My instinct would be to declare the bonus to clinches non-charm and see if anything breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by squidheadjax View Post

But it is so wasteful to use on a control roll that that half of the charm is a trap option.

Shimmering Heat-Mirage Tactic is the biggest disappointment to me, though, to the extent that I'm going to ask my ST to let me un-buy it.
              Yeah that’s a tough one, I think it would be okay as a reflexive charm. As a simple it’s very situational and only really decent against enemies with large dice pools who can’t reroll 1s, or in fire aura against enemies with really small attack pools, although even then the chances aren’t good.

At least with reflexive you’re paying 2 initiative to gamble on a few free excellencies.

Edit: Actually after doing some math the chances of rolling at least one 1 on a big attack pool like 16 dice is pretty decent, so I’d say definitely solid in those situations as a reflexive charm.
              Last edited by DrLoveMonkey; 09-06-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X