Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heartflame (Artifact 4 Orichalcum Daiklave, Arms version)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartflame (Artifact 4 Orichalcum Daiklave, Arms version)

So it appears the artifacts in the leak and 3e corebook won't likely be converted not only due to practicality (Old stuff doesn't sell) but also due to legality reasons. It would be a total waste of anyone's time to try and convert such things.

Thankfully my time is already worthless. Plus after writing nearly 150 pages of Creation Jam I need to take a break.

Heartflame (Artifact 4 Orichalcum Daiklave)

Heartflame was forged with an incredibly high purity of Orichalcum that could have only be forged with the heat of Southern volcanoes. The owner poured his very soul into the creation of his work. The Heartflame responded in kind to the original forger’s dedication, working to bring forth its chosen wielder’s true inner strength to the battlefield. Its power fluctuates on how boldly one displays the inner soul as self.

It also has bitchin golden flames and you can totes be a paladin with this shit.

Evocations of the Heartflame: The evocations of the Heartflame are all about bringing out the user’s own inner reserve of power resting within themselves, and so long as they do not deny this birthright than their inner strength will shine the path through the blackest day and the darkest night. When at the glowing level or higher then Heartflame’s edge burns with the power of a golden flame that allows the wielder to use either the force of his personality and will over raw strength, allowing them to use the higher of Charisma or Intelligence in place of Strength for all Melee based effects, including things such as determining the amount of damage dice one can add on Fire and Stones Strike. Those dissonant with Orichalcum use the lower of Strength, Charisma, or Intelligence.

The Heartflame has two Hearthstone Sockets.

MOMENT SEIZING SURGE
    Cost: 2m 1+i; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Resonant, Uniform
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None

Wedding aggression to precision, the Solar and her weapon flash and strike as one, crashing into her opponent in a wave of flaring Essence, momentarily blinding and staggering the foe. On a successful attack, the opponent suffers a penalty to all dice pools on his next turn equal to the Initiative spent on this attack. This Evocation may only be used when the Solar’s anima is at the glowing or burning level. If used at the glowing level, a successful strike refunds up to 2 points of Initiative. If used at the burning level, the penalty persists for two turns.

Resonant: At the bonfire level, both effects occur.

BLOOD OF MOUNTAINS MANTLE
    Cost: 4m, 1m per round; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Resonant
    Duration: One Scene
    Prerequisite Charms: Moment Seizing Surge

Heartflame remembers its forging, shaped by the unimaginable heat of the earth, and shares the lingering kiss of fire with the Essence of its wielder. The Solar’s anima tightens around her and becomes a mantle of roaring flames. This Evocation must be used at the same time when the user attains an anima level of glowing or higher, and costs one uncommitted mote per round to sustain, paid at the beginning of each subsequent round. While it remains active, all enemies striking the Solar with their bare hands suffer one die of automatic lethal damage, anyone striking her with a weapon suffers one die of unsoakable withering damage, and any opponent who grapples the Lawgiver is treated as being exposed to a bonfire (p. XX).

Additionally so long as the user’s anima is at least burning and this charm is active, then any damage dealt to Creatures of Darkness gains the Aggravated keyword.

Resonant: So long as this charm is active the user becomes immune to mundane flames or any fires caused by him. Supernatural fires caused by other sources double 8s on the roll to Resist them.

SPIRIT FLAME TOTEM
    Cost: 7m 4i 3a 1WP; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Decisive-Only, Resonant
    Duration: One Turn
    Prerequisite Charms: Blood of Mountain’s Mantle

Heartflame reaches into it wielder’s very soul to draw forth an ultimate protector. The Solar raises the daiklave into a defensive posture, and an enormous Essence-sculpted avatar of her iconic anima appears before her, intercepting a decisive attack and dispersing its killing power harmlessly into her anima. Her Hardness becomes (higher of 15 or her current Initiative rating), and any attack that overcomes her Hardness loses five dice of damage before being rolled.

Resonant: This charm also reduces all post-soak withering damage by 5 in addition to other effects.

INFINITE-SUN FLAME SLASH
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Withering-Only
    Prerequisite Charms: None

The wielder’s sword blazes with their own inner soul, blade glowing a bright cherry red before swinging at the opponent, blazing through armour as if it were paper. By paying 2m the user may reduce a target’s armoured soak by an amount equal to ([3 or Essence, higher] + current anima stage]).

At Essence 2+ the user may pay an additional mote when activating this charm, lowering the armoured soak of an opponent by one for the rest of the scene. Artifact armour regains its traits at the end of the scene but mundane armour is forever damaged. If the user knows Molten Sun Blade then no surcharge is needed for the additional effects.

Resonant: The user may also cleave through natural soak and/or magical soak as well.

Dissonant: The user cannot lower enemy soak unless Molten Sun Blade is used.

MOLTEN SUN BLADE
    Cost: 1m 1WP; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Clash, Resonant, Uniform
    Duration: Until next turn
    Prerequisite Charms: Infinite-Sun Flame Slash

By focusing the user’s very soul into the blade, the wielder becomes able to superheat his blade to a pure white flame that immolates all that it touches. The Solar’s next attack will destroy any mortal blade or shield that attempts to parry it. While the effect is active, the Solar may use a blade or spearhead like a blowtorch, melting through stone walls or steel gates at a rate of two feet per turn. If Molten Sun Blade is used in combination with a clash attack against a battle group, and the clash succeeds, the Solar is seen to strike a burning arc around her position, cleaving through the weapons of foes on all sides. The battle group may not attack her again until it has succeeded at a rally action.

Resonant: If Blood of Mountains Mantle is active, then the user may pay 1a at the beginning of their next turn to continue having the sword burn.

BURNING SOUL PILLAR
    Cost: 4m, 1-3a; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Dual, Resonant
    Prerequisite Charms: Molten Sun Blade

The Solar throws their blade, turning into a streak of pure golden flame as it flies through the air towards its opponent but rather than striking them makes a tornado of golden flame that immolates the opponent in holy flames. When the user makes a decisive attack when their anima is bonfire or higher than the target is automatically knocked prone and a pillar of golden flame erupts at the spot having the same traits as a bonfire lasting (3 or Essence, higher) turns. The Solar is never damaged by these flames no matter how close they are to them. Making an attack in this fashion costs 3a. When used with a withering attack this attack costs 1a which if crashes the target then the target is automatically knocked prone and a burning pillar is placed atop of them. This pillar only lasts for one round, but may be extended at the beginning of the user’s turn by paying 1a.

Resonant: If the user has the charm Iron Raptor Technique then he may activate either Iron Raptor Technique or Burning Soul Pillar by using the Pillar as the origin point of the attack rather than the wielder himself.

HEART FLARE SLASH
    Cost: 7m 3a 1WP; Mins: Essence 4; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Decisive-Only, Dissonant
    Prerequisite Charms: Burning Soul Pillar

Taking Heartflame in both hands, the Solar concentrates her manifest divinity into the blade, and then swings a great overhand strike into a flame pillar created with Burning Soul Pillar. The pillar becomes a roaring, leaping wave of killing sun-flames, leaving only pillars of flame and ash where her enemies once stood. To use this Evocation, the Solar must be at the bonfire/iconic level and within close range of a flame pillar. She rolls a decisive attack, and applies its effects to every character in an arc before her, out to medium range. Roll (half Initiative, round up) against each opponent struck; in addition, each struck target suffers the effects of Burning Soul Pillar.

Dissonant: Each target hit does not suffer the effects of Burning Soul Pillar.

TWOFOLD VICTORY MANTLE
    Cost: 6m; Mins: Essence 4; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Decisive-Only
    Prerequisite Charms: Heart Flare Slash, Spirit Flame Totem

In the moments immediately after using Spirit Flame Totem, the Solar sends her Essence surging through her daiklave to grasp the fading tatters of her personal totem, and to guide it into launching a powerful killing blow in tandem with her own attack. This Evocation must be used on the turn following the activation of Spirit Flame Totem. The Solar makes a decisive attack with Heartflame, followed immediately by her fading iconic anima display making a decisive attack of its own on the same tick, using the same dice pool and the same Initiative value. This Evocation may only be used once per scene, but may be reset by performing a three point stunt involving the Solar manifesting her iconic level of anima display.

A repurchase at Essence 5 upgrades the amount of initiative the Totem gains by an amount equal to (half of initiative in attack, rounded up) to the damage bonus of the attack.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
    Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

I know this is an old thread, but I much urgently ask if you'd be willing to share what you've written on Creation Jam? The idea sounds amazing, but I can't seem to find it on your homebrew page.

Comment

Originally posted by Organ Boy View Post
      I know this is an old thread, but I much urgently ask if you'd be willing to share what you've written on Creation Jam? The idea sounds amazing, but I can't seem to find it on your homebrew page.
      It was a joke I was making when I was writing Heaven's Reach (Or wasn't it another project? I honestly have too many). The only thing I wrote of Creation Jam was a small teaser.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...6bm3Udu3Y/edit

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
      Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X