Canon Usurpation Surviving Solars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Usurpation Surviving Solars

Hi, I make this topic to discuss and see if someone has a list, or knows of, solars who survived the usurpation , this doesn't mean first age survivors, but those exaltation shards that escaped the Jade prison.
    The ones I know about are:
    The Nexus Emisary, in one of the possible background choices for him in MoTD Scavenger Lands.
    Filial Wisdom, the 200 years old Solar who became Han Ta's servant, in MoTD The East
    One of the incarnations of thrice damned Gorol is supposed to have survived the usurpation hiding in Malfeas, In MoEP Infernals.
    A Dawn caste was supposed to be a survivor in the North and had deals with demons to have revenge, I think he appears in MoTD The North, he may or not be the Bull.
    The Bull of the North Kaneko, is supposed to be a solar exaltation that survived.
    I'm not sure but I think Samea of the Blackwater tribe is also one of the surviving exaltations, I don't remember where but I think of reading that she joined Kaneko before the solars were freed from the jade prison.
    I've heard rumors that one of the incarnations of the creator of the Devil Tiger style , survived in a chrysalis, being the actual Devil Tiger.

So anyone knows of any other ?
    Last edited by Cruzwindt; 07-31-2018, 10:53 PM.

You mean Righteous Devil, not Devil Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzwindt View Post
      Hi, I make this topic to discuss and see if someone has a list, or knows of, solars who survived the usurpation , this doesn't mean first age survivors, but those exaltation shards that escaped the Jade prison.
      The ones I know about are:
      The Nexus Emisary, in one of the possible background choices for him in MoTD Scavenger Lands.
      Filial Wisdom, the 200 years old Solar who became Han Ta's servant, in MoTD The East
      One of the incarnations of thrice damned Gorol is supposed to have survived the usurpation hiding in Malfeas, In MoEP Infernals.
      A Dawn caste was supposed to be a survivor in the North and had deals with demons to have revenge, I think he appears in MoTD The North, he may or not be the Bull.
      Deret Khan, who fathered the apheliotropes (originally in a web enhancement for Creatures of the Wyld). He was probably not the predecessor of the Bull of the North.

The Bull of the North Kaneko, is supposed to be a solar exaltation that survived.
      I'm not sure but I think Samea of the Blackwater tribe is also one of the surviving exaltations, I don't remember where but I think of reading that she joined Kaneko before the solars were freed from the jade prison.
      I've heard rumors that one of the incarnations of the creator of the Devil Tiger style , survived in a chrysalis, being the actual Devil Tiger.

So anyone knows of any other ?
      First edition actually had Yurgen and co being from recently-released Exaltations back in the Dawnbook. The introduction of Joachim and his presentation may have tripped suspicions that the two were related, both being Icewalker Solars.

Comment

Samea is even older than the Bull. So far as 2E told us, minus the Goblin King, she's the oldest of the living Solars. I would SURMISE that Mirror Flag is either one of the very first of the returning Solars, or (more likely) just a little bit older, and belongs to the "Persistent 20." She's seen already fairly confident in her abilities, but willing to accept help from Ayesha Uru and her Golds on her own terms in 1E Sidereals. The "Gold Faction" was in its uttermost infancy in that comic, and the timeline for CotI doesn't really mesh with that notion well.

The "Righteous Devil" found in the crystal coffin there's no way to know. Given how his legend plays in the South, he might've laid down in that box last week.

Edit: Was there ever even 100% confirmation Joachim was a Solar?
        Double Edit: If you're just interested in the Exaltations of the Persistent 20, CoCD: Underworld or a variety of other sources (Including Oadanel's Codex, which covers the Invisible Manse survivors and their fate) talk about Kal Bax and the other Solars who escaped the Massacre, but eventually died (or were murdered at the behest of the gone-insane Intelligence of the Invisible Manse) in the Invisible Manse. What *I* want to know, is how did the Green Lady confirm their deaths, BEFORE the known ascension of the Deathlords? Kind of makes you wonder just how long that quadruple-traitor has been screwing around with the Deathlords, eh?
        Last edited by Wyldwraith; 08-01-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

In Arms there's mention of a solar who survived the usurpation with help from his sidereal sister. He died a few centuries later, trying to take revenge.

Comment

This topic always amuses me, I'm patiently waiting for when we reach the point where the numbers can be used to tell us that the Calibration Massacre didn't actually kill a single Solar (obviously by this point all 100 Sidereals will have died in the attack, in some cases repeatedly) and that the Jade Prison is propaganda to hide the fact that they collectively moped around for over a thousand years.
            Last edited by Lioness; 08-01-2018, 09:55 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
            Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
              This topic always amuses me, I'm patiently waiting for when we reach the point where the numbers can be used to tell us that the Calibration Massacre didn't actually kill a single Solar (obviously by this point all 100 Sidereals will have died in the attack, in some cases repeatedly) and that the Jade Prison is propaganda to hide the fact that they collectively moped around for over a thousand years.
              The implication was that there were 10-20ish solars who escaped. So it's not hard to see a few people who escaped. The fact that more than a few sidereals die each time is dumb. Especially when they note them as elder sidereals because at this point it sounds like kejak and h8s crew have been dead ten tikes over.

I think the one who always interested me was the one who left to slay demons in malfeas, way back in the first age, and still is implied to be alive today.

Comment

If you want to get into silly with 2E:
                The utter SILENCE on how not even ONE Solar managed to come into enough power to require a major Sidereal intervention during a) The NUMEROUS, and often highly destructive military-backed regime-changes of the Shogunate (I've found mention of six distinct wars fought internally during "the Shogunate") and b) The utter upheaval and death of the GC + BC.

Not ONE Solar Exalted among the Forest People, in the Eastern Bordermarches. Not ONE among the handful of Dune People survivors of the BC. NO Solar Exaltation EVER found meaningful root despite the Sidereals being swamped just trying to handle the Godswar, described as nearly polarizing itself as the Usurpation. No explanation at all why, none of the Persistent 20 got off the ground.

Edit: For that matter, we get all these "They're cut off, and no one even knows they exist" populations. Luthe, the Saigoth survivors, Tzatli refugees. How many times were the Persistent 20 recycled in 1800 years, anyways?
                Last edited by Wyldwraith; 08-01-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Well, what, 12, 14 of those were hiding in the Invisible Fortress. That's most of them. The number outside was tiny.

But saying that, it might well have happened. There's very little written in the gameline about anything much that happened in the Shogunate.

I play...
                  Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                  Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyldwraith View Post
                    Edit: For that matter, we get all these "They're cut off, and no one even knows they exist" populations. Luthe, the Saigoth survivors, Tzatli refugees. How many times were the Persistent 20 recycled in 1800 years, anyways?
                    Well, most of those cut off locations are stable points of creation but are outside of creation, it's fair to assume solar exaltations can't go into the wyld and look for that lost first age city, or all the way into the Underworld to catch a worthy human. Plus most people who gets solar Exaltation are people with big destinies, I doubt that the guys trying to not be sucked dry in Saigoth have much more destiny than we survive another day, IF they have ANY destiny at all, since they are not in the Loom of Fate.

As for the solars, I would say that most of them were either killed a few weeks after exalting, or managed to get into another realm to hide for a while until they got killed, some of them may have lasted for a few decades even getting into the 100 years, where he would think of himself powerful enough to attack the shogunate and then got killed.
                    Last edited by Cruzwindt; 08-07-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the "persistent 20" is fanon.
                      In 1st and 2nd ed canon, there's, I think, 16? The ones in the Invisible Fortress, +2 Dawns. I can't remember if there was 12 or 14 in the Invisible Fortress, I don't have a copy of that book. (What book was it in?)

I play...
                      Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

I imagine that the Shogunate, even when fractured, had forces that were sufficiently well-equipped that they could overwhelm Solars when appropriately dedicated, and guided by motivated Sidereals. Even if those Solars were remote. The Time of Tumult is predicated on the Realm being fractured, the remains not having the best magic, and the number of fires to put out being so many.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the "persistent 20" is fanon.
                        In 1st and 2nd ed canon, there's, I think, 16? The ones in the Invisible Fortress, +2 Dawns. I can't remember if there was 12 or 14 in the Invisible Fortress, I don't have a copy of that book. (What book was it in?)
                        I'm inclined to round it up to twenty just because it's a nice figure.

Apart from the Invisible Fortress and the two who made a stand at Rathess, there are generally non-specific references to Solars of the Night Caste that manage to go into hiding.

Originally posted by Wyldwraith
                        Kind of makes you wonder just how long that quadruple-traitor has been screwing around with the Deathlords, eh?

Uh-huh.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyldwraith View Post
                          If you want to get into silly with 2E:
                          The utter SILENCE on how not even ONE Solar managed to come into enough power to require a major Sidereal intervention during a) The NUMEROUS, and often highly destructive military-backed regime-changes of the Shogunate (I've found mention of six distinct wars fought internally during "the Shogunate") and b) The utter upheaval and death of the GC + BC.
                          While the Shogunate was in many ways a chaotic and destructive period, the system in place for hunting down and killing Anathema worked extremely well. The Realm also managed quite well before the disappearance of the Empress and the return of many more Solars in recent years.

As for the Contagion/Crusade era, any burgeoning Solar empires that managed to somehow contest both disasters when nobody else could would still have the Defence Grid to contend with at the dawn of the Realm.

Anyone who had carved out an empire beyond the borders of Creation at that time would have the Hannya to contend with.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            What book was it in?
                            The entire first half of Time of Tumult.

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a copy so I can't check how many there were. Never mind.

I play...

Comment

Working...
                              X