Lunars Preview!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Sure, if the Lunar stole it, had it written up for them, or has the authority to issue banknotes. Otherwise, it's a forgery.
    It’s a forgery worth up to how ever many resource dots you decided to roll against, by the rules.

Comment

Sure, but a regular counterfeiter can do that, too.

I meant more " Of course you can't pull out a giant talent of silver, no one carries that around, its huge" more than "how did you get that much money". Like, you could get your hand on notes more easily then a talent of silver.

My point with the original quote was "that specific example might need to be negotiated, but given it uses the word 'mundane' you can probably find a way"

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        … Wait, a talent? I think that's too large a quantity for the Charm to apply to it. That's about 26 kilos of silver, I don't think that can be hidden so readily.
        It can if it’s a cube 5.5” (14 cm) to a side. Silver is quite dense.

Regardless, the point is as much as I love this charm I’m pretty darn sure it’s not supposed to you into the goose that lays the golden eggs (literally or figuratively), so it’d be handy if it actually said anything to dissuade people from trying to use it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

It can if it’s a cube 5.5” (14 cm) to a side.
          Maybe if your character is always wearing an extremely baggy overcoat with extremely deep pockets. You're talking about keeping something the size of a football stuffed unnoticeably somewhere in your shirt.

Of course, it's unnecessary; it's so much easier to conceal a much smaller item of equal worth, such as a valuable piece of jewellery. A literal talent of silver is unnecessary to be able to come up with things worth Resources 5 purchases every scene.

Originally posted by Sith_Happens
          Regardless, the point is as much as I love this charm I’m pretty darn sure it’s not supposed to you into the goose that lays the golden eggs (literally or figuratively), so it’d be handy if it actually said anything to dissuade people from trying to use it that way.
          Why are you sure of that? It's a Charm to produce objects that are useful to your current need. If your need is to buy something or bribe somebody, why shouldn't you be able to pop out something that is useful equipment specifically because of its Resources value?

Now, people definitely shouldn't be able to use it to stockpile wealth; to just periodically pop out valuable items that they then keep in a growing treasury. I'd say that the text of the Charm is clear enough that it needs to be a thing that is matched to an immediate situation.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Hell, if you need to buy something, why not just produce the thing you want to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              Hell, if you need to buy something, why not just produce the thing you want to buy?
              There are probably a lot of cases in which it's too large.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                "An evening with three courtesans" isn't a thing that can be pulled out of your sleeve.

Comment

"An evening with three courtesans" isn't a thing that can be pulled out of your sleeve.
                  We.ell..., not with that charm, but apparently swarm charms are a thing so...
                  Last edited by Greyman; 08-03-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I am now reminded of this.

(My Hero Academia manga spoilers ahoy)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Now, people definitely shouldn't be able to use it to stockpile wealth; to just periodically pop out valuable items that they then keep in a growing treasury. I'd say that the text of the Charm is clear enough that it needs to be a thing that is matched to an immediate situation.
                      Not only that, but the Charm's spirit is that the item was obtained previously and somehow by the Lunar.

If you keep using it to produce high Resource value things through Bureaucracy and Crafts and you don't have a commensurate Resource rating, and the story is not conducive of you being expanding your Resources behind the scenes, the Storyteller is justified in assuming you acquired debts either for the materials to create the item (if your Ability was Craft), or for the purchase/loan of the actual object (if you justified with Bureaucracy).

If you are justifying with Larceny, the former owners of the objects may become your pursuers and enemies.

The Charm is not about producing things out of nowhere. It is a retcon power that says you somehow have this item and can and should have story hooks grow out of it, specially if it is being used a lot and becoming a signature of the character in question.

This is reason for fluctuation of the Reosurce merit, since it is a Story Merit, that rises and falls according to play.

Comment

Working...
                      X