Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you delay your action to attempt a clash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you delay your action to attempt a clash?

This question is especially for players whose characters use two-handed heavy weapons, with their clash bonus and low Accuracy.

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Yenneffer View Post
    So I will be building in the direction of Earth Dragon, since you write that it's so good. Are there any better weapons and items than hammer?
    I never said it was good, or bad. I don't have that personal experience. I just laid out how it can be used.
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 08-09-2019, 11:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Yenneffer
    replied
    So I will be building in the direction of Earth Dragon, since you write that it's so good. Are there any better weapons and items than hammer?
    Path of Onyx and Dealy are not frequent, there are many more topics related to games such as Pillars of Eternity or Path of Exile - both of these games have the abbreviation PoE. Exalted, this thread is in the Exalted section because each of us would like to buy Exalted orbs in the Path of Exile. Orbs are something mesmeric and unusual, they are full of magic and can be traded. Orbs of Regret, Orbs of Transmutation, Chromatic Orbs, Chaos Orbs and buy other PoE orbs.
    The most important is to buy the Path of Exile orbs.
    https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile
    There is then a chance that people will start shopping and make a rational choice from an economic and practical point of view. People will choose well, that's why democracy is so great. Buy Exalted orbs and PoE currency, and your character will always have a great EQ
    Last edited by Yenneffer; 10-22-2018, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Hardly ever, but I really should, as I'm using two short daiklaives. It kind of feels a bit risky though, to throw away 2i, when they might not even attack you. Though I guess you can then just stab them anyway.
    Or Rush them, if they chose to disengage and successed. If you succeed, their Initiative should be lower than yours again.

If they used a Full Defense, rather than attack them, you can use the safety to activate a Simple-type power-up Charm.

Delaying allows you to wait and see what your opponent chooses to do, allowing you to respond as they act with something that counters what they do.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Yeah, the lack of any kind of restriction on Thousand Strikes Dance and the ability to use it vs. multiple opponents is why Ahlat is the Pattycake Champion.

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
    Just a quick question. You can clash a decisive with a withering right?
    Yes. It seems most reflexive Clash Charms are Decisive-only to force you to question whether you want to blow your Initiative to defend instead of Defend, but the keyword doesn’t mean that you can only use such Charms against decisive attacks.

A reflexive Clash Charm that let you use a withering atttack would be much less risky, especially since you could use your Accuracy bonus in the attack pool.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Just a quick question. You can clash a decisive with a withering right?

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    It is interesting to consider clashes, setup attacks, and followup attacks with heavy weapons that lack the smashing tag. Great swords and axes aren’t any more accurate than mauls, and their greater potential for damage doesn’t matter if they can’t hit their targets. It’s easier to hit a target you managed to knock prone, so the hammer effectively becomes more accurate after succeeding once.

I think a Martial Art using great swords and axes might need to answer this puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Katamari_Naneke View Post
    I confess, I didn't quite make it all the way through that second Earth Dragon Style write-up. I'll have another crack later, it's getting late here.
    It's a fucking monster. I'm happy that anyone made the attempt, let alone wants to try finishing it.

I loved Legend of the Dragoon, so I'll go and take a proper look at that martial art later too.
    The thread about making an agile complement to Earth Dragon Style starts with an aborted design.

If by "martial art" you mean you wanted to watch Meru's "additions", here's a youtube video of her spinning hammer dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0NpaGi6xi4

The thread with the aborted design contains other video links, such as for Nora (RWBY) and also two different two-handed hammer styles featured in Warfame.

There's also Wise Old Guru's new attempt at the concept: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...mer-style-here
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 08-19-2018, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Katamari_Naneke
    replied
    I confess, I didn't quite make it all the way through that second Earth Dragon Style write-up. I'll have another crack later, it's getting late here.

I loved Legend of the Dragoon, so I'll go and take a proper look at that martial art later too.

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    I’m trying to write a two-handed hammer Style that is distinguished from Earth Dragon in relying on mobility and agility rather than toughness, and prefers to play ball with the opponent rather than bury him alive.

It’s really tricky, especially when my main inspirations currently don’t show us enough of how such a martial artist defends herself against an opponent who acts first.

Nora (RWBY) and Meru (Legend of Dragoon) are either swinging or being struck, with very little in between.
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 08-16-2018, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Darkstep
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

But I’m happy that this monstrosity seems to be helpful, or at least interesting!
    My play group is still finishing up our sci-fi epic... which incidentally has had some Exalted bleed-over. Our ship has sprouted a halo that's not unlike a caste mark, and has an instinctive level AI built in and slowly awakening, which acts in a very aggressive-for-good manner when it has a say in things. And it is, as it turns out, built with ancient technology from moon gods. hmmmmm.....

Anyway!

I'm hoping we can have Ex3 as our next big epic Chronicle, and I'd like to include some good DBs as part of that. I have some skeptical players with bad memories of Ex2 DBs, so I definitely want to present them as being competent and fun, even if they wind up in the orbit of the Celestials.

Since I lack a lot of playtest time at the moment, collecting guides and tips like this is very valuable. Between this and DrLoveMonkey's postings I've opened up a new branch of notes to chew through.

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post

*giggle*

I read it and also saved it in my notes. Thank you!
    I just had to go back and correct the bit questioning whether to use your unarmed attack or hammer to clash. The difference is two dice rather than one, if you use a mundane weapon.

But I’m happy that this monstrosity seems to be helpful, or at least interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Simon Darkstep
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    I'll be sad but understanding if no one wants to read that... thing.

I did not expect it to get so huge.

If you want to read it, but find that it looks unreadable, please suggest formatting changes that would make it easier for you to read.
    *giggle*

I read it and also saved it in my notes. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    I'll be sad but understanding if no one wants to read that... thing.

I did not expect it to get so huge.

If you want to read it, but find that it looks unreadable, please suggest formatting changes that would make it easier for you to read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X