Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3E Character concepts

So if the release schedule page is up to date on this site
    then the Exalted 3E comes out next month some time.

I would love to read some ideas for peoples first character
    concepts for the new edition. To soon for paper mechanics
    but conceptual ideas are buzzin in my head so i will go first
    with my first 3E character concept.

Please feel free to share your concepts as well or ideas that
    may help or improve on mine or other players concepts as well.

I always play villains and my ST has challenged me to play a good
    guy/ hero for once and control my evil impulses so my first 3E character
    is thus.

Name: The Painted Monk of Forgotten way's a.k.a Art

Concept: Traveling performer/ entertainer/ ninja monk/ exorcist/ martial artist/ shadow hunter.

Motivation: Destroy all creatures of darkness

Caste: Zenith

Intimacies: to preserving the arts be they performing arts, culinary arts, martial arts, arcane arts
    as long as they are designed to combat, ward or prevent evil. Charity toward the less fortunate
    particularly war orphans & slaves.

Appearance: Average sized male with Albinism, he wears paint both to preform and to protect
    his skin from the light of the Unconquered Sun (Ironic being that he is a solar). His eye's change
    between a pale light blue out of direct light to a very light pinkish color if in direct light. His hair is
    long and platinum blonde/silver-ish. He is a very young looking man apparently on the cusp of his
    age of manhood between 16 & 18, his actual age is 22. His bone structure is very gaunt and slender
    he could easily pass for a girl if he so desired and often does to fulfill certain roles on stage.

He collects costumes and cloths and props from all over the world and mostly wears cloths that
    fit into whatever culture the locals of the area he is visiting find acceptable. Usually glamorous
    silk kimonos or tunics.

life before exaltation: He was born in a small village in the sweltering heat of south and because of
    his albinism at the age of 12 he was sent off with a traveling troupe of stage actors as a means for
    his poor family to get him away from the desert which was very detrimental to his health. He learned
    to cook and clean & to sew up cloths and costumes at first for the troupe but later learned to act,
    sing, dance, mime and perform and learned much of the world and many cultures in his travels. He
    saw much good and bad. His troupe preformed for nobles in courts all over the world, for soldiers
    who had long since forgotten joy in a war torn land but most notable he enjoyed performing for
    the poor villages and towns ravaged by war and disasters and the evils that haunt this world. His
    troupe met up with a small tribe of wondering nomads on the way to the city of Thorns, they told
    him that his albinism meant he was moon touched and graced by Luna. He believed them and when
    he saw what had happened to Thorns he cried and prayed with all of his heart that he could do more
    than just chase away sadness with is performances, he wished and prayed and begged Luna to
    give him the strength he needed to destroy the darkness that plagued this world night after night
    but it was another that answered his prayers, The Unconquered Sun gave him what he asked for
    charging him with the task of eradicating those things that cling to and plot inside of his shadows.

After exaltation: Art knew his family and friends both in the troupe and back home and those
    he made on his travels would be in danger if the Unconquered Sun's enemies learned who he
    was so he did what he did best, he was always a student but he put his all into learning any
    art that would help him in his task to destroy the evils of this world, exorcism, arcane arts,
    martial arts, whatever it took and he created a character to play, a hero that would destroy
    and smite evil where ever it was with extreme prejudice, he became the Painted Monk of
    Forgotten way's a warrior priest that terrorized the creatures that lurked in the darkness.

As the Painted Monk he wears super thick make-up to cover his identity, A Raiden style
    straw hat, Elegant robes of the finest black and white silk, tailored for use with DPC style
    MA. weighted sashes rolled up and pinned to the inside of his sleeves with throwing needles,
    a travel bag with a large strap across his shoulder and chest that hangs at his hip containing
    wards, salts, oils, prayer beads and other tools for exorcism. His weapons a pair of exceptional
    war fans and a staff of intangible mastery.

That is the Jist of what i have come up with so far.
    Comments and suggestions are welcomed and i hope
    it was a good read.
    Last edited by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds; 05-03-2014, 08:27 AM.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

A Dawn Caste weapons mistress who hates banditry and whose motivation is to both protect the people she loves, and to become strong and wise enough to teach an entire generation of warriors. Her fighting style revolves around taking the other person's weapon, and then killing them with it. Because the stunts just sorta write themselves at that point.

My wordpress
    Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

Originally posted by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds View Post
      So if the release schedule page is up to date on this site
      then the Exalted 3E comes out next month some time.
      Heh. Yeah, historically it very much isn't.

Once, there was a maiden... who spent all her time on the internet.
      "Someone out there is WRONG," she said.
      So she tossed a noose made of golden light... and strangled her opponent.
      Both of them died alone.
      "Love is for football players and cheerleaders," her obituary said.

Comment

I'd love to make a Dawn that's somewhat of a reluctant warrior. A deadly terror that made an oath, he restrains his skill, or uses it in ways that will either force the enemy to back down, or non lethally subdue them. Thematically a Dawn Kenshiro.

Comment

Originally posted by notthepenguins View Post
          That is disappointing...

Comment

I'm thinking of playing a Twilight who's goals revolve around revitalizing the Creation's technology. But while I'll definitely have some magitech to support my Circle, my real drive will be developing technology that can be used by non-Exalts. The tech can use magical materials, but mundane people will need to be able to use it and provide at least the routine maintenance. I'm always really interested in what one of the Kickstarter updates said about Twilight Sorcerer's being good combat support in the new edition. That really has me interested in trying out a Twilight.

Comment

Originally posted by TalosX View Post
              I'm thinking of playing a Twilight who's goals revolve around revitalizing the Creation's technology. But while I'll definitely have some magitech to support my Circle, my real drive will be developing technology that can be used by non-Exalts. The tech can use magical materials, but mundane people will need to be able to use it and provide at least the routine maintenance. I'm always really interested in what one of the Kickstarter updates said about Twilight Sorcerer's being good combat support in the new edition. That really has me interested in trying out a Twilight.
              Sorry to say it but magical technology is being toned down a lot in 3e. Think that the only technology that your characters will be able to encounter is what you can find in Greek mythology. There it's said that the god Hephaistos was capable of creating living beings out of bronze called automatons and great mythological mortal craftsmen could make wonders like the the wings of wax created by Daedalus and the like. The term magitech is gonna dissapear completely as well. I think that what kept creation going in 3e canon will be great magics and the direct influence by the Chosen rather than high-tech mechanical stuff. It's still possible if your game master likes putting tech stuff in everywhere but this is probably the greatest setting change between the two editions and i thought it needed mention.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

I think the character I have been storing for a friend's 2E game will finally come to light.

A Shogunate Shinobi who has been infiltrating the organizations throughout the River Provinces who Exalts as a Night Caste Solar Exalted while working his craft throughout Creation. He comes to realize he must balance his loyalty to his Homeland with his new found Glory as a Solar.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

Originally posted by ThatSmellyGoblin View Post

Sorry to say it but magical technology is being toned down a lot in 3e. Think that the only technology that your characters will be able to encounter is what you can find in Greek mythology. There it's said that the god Hephaistos was capable of creating living beings out of bronze called automatons and great mythological mortal craftsmen could make wonders like the the wings of wax created by Daedalus and the like. The term magitech is gonna dissapear completely as well. I think that what kept creation going in 3e canon will be great magics and the direct influence by the Chosen rather than high-tech mechanical stuff. It's still possible if your game master likes putting tech stuff in everywhere but this is probably the greatest setting change between the two editions and i thought it needed mention.
                  Oh wow that is a big change

Comment

A Dawn Sniper that found his weapon from the gigantic junkyard surrounding Oramus where stuffs from other dimension keep appearing out of nowhere. This probably mean I have to do some converting on all the Firearms charms from Shards, but that what the Exalted forum is there for, right !

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by ThatSmellyGoblin View Post

You're seriously misreading what I mean when I say my Twilight is gonna work on improving technology. I'm not talking about the crazy pseudo-scifi magitech that existed in 1E or 2E. Those wouldn't be useful to my goal of "even mundanes can operate and maintain the tech" anyways. I'm talking about tech that exists like Haslanti airships or possibly steam-powered locomotives. Everything you need to make those work already exist in the universe. You just need someone inventive enough to put it all together, and no one's more inventive then the Twilight caste. Admittedly, Haslanti airships hold a special place in my heart though.

Comment

Originally posted by notthepenguins View Post
                        Its been updated since i made this post. It was set for June but now it is set for July. Two months away
                        so still right around the corner.

Loving the concepts guys keep them coming.

Comment

I got hold of a Kickstarter reward level which would give one of my characters a mention in the Exalted novels. Most of my planning goes towards fleshing out the conversion of her into Exalted terms at the moment, as she is originally a WoW character. I made her on an RP realm, and she's probably the one character I've played for the longest time. I don't play WoW any more, however, and I felt she would be worth preserving.

Name: Resalem Deveelen

Before Exaltation: Resalem is the newly appointed high shamaness of a major far East forest tribe. The recent death of her mother, Rengaku Deveelen, has granted her the title with all what it entails. This includes among other things being the highest authority on matters of magic and the spokesperson to communicate with the spirits, but also being the keeper of the tribe's history and traditions as well as an accomplished healer. Among these tasks, the healing is by far her forte, even if her mother has taught her well enough to not make a fool out of herself in other venues.

Instead, the worst part of the job is the secondary implications it has. The high shamaness has a spot on the tribe council, and Resalem is not comfortable there. It doesn't help that the political opinions she does have are contrary to the direction the tribe is currently going in. She was raised by her mother since her father was killed in a skirmish with another big forest tribe when she was little. Since then, the conflict has only escalated, and for a couple of years now the two tribes have been at war, threatening to drag other tribes into the conflict as well. Rengaku promoted peace in the council, but even her efforts proved futile in the end, and while Resalem has inherited her viewpoints, she has much less political presence than her mother had. The other council-members politely or openly disregards her in matters not obviously related to her purviews, and sometimes even then. She is no leader or politician, and if she could have it her way she would just go home and tend to her patients in peace.

It is at this point that Resalem Exalts as a Zenith.

After Exaltation: I don't really know, actually. Resalem could go many different ways here, and I'd rather play it out and let it develop than try to make something up to justify my Bonus Points. If she's played in a game where she'd have to leave her her tribe, I might say that she successfully calmed the hostilities in a few years and then saw fit to travel the world to increase her knowledge (or because the Realm was starting to take notice of her). Otherwise, I'd be happy to start weaker and not have to let the Exaltation influence the backstory too much.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds View Post

Its been updated since i made this post. It was set for June but now it is set for July. Two months away
                            so still right around the corner.

Loving the concepts guys keep them coming.
                            And thus the knife slides between my ribs. I felt it was coming, yet denied it to the last. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by eggmansizzle View Post

And thus the knife slides between my ribs. I felt it was coming, yet denied it to the last. Oh well.
                              If you backed the Kickstarter, you'll get the pdf a month or so in advance. Still some comfort.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Working...
                              X