Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Worldbuilding Channel!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGGR231zvQ&t=22s

My god the quality of this new channel is unlike anything I have ever seen, all the more amazing in that it is new. The lady gives a very interesting peek into world building on all facets from civilization to language, ecology, culture and genesis. Some of the videos are in Lojban, a conlang which I guess she learned to is learning. Everything is interesting but also given in the style of a tutorial that you can extrapolate from! It’s out of this world, she also illustrates, and the nuance is phenomenal, she comes up with dozens of unique fungi to start with and uses things like the alphabet as a theme for inspiration and real fungi as a basis for texture. This is nutzo level good rabbithole diving!

Like I am definitely stealing like everything here for my games. New thaumaturgy ritual, place sticks in the right configuration to create instant flame. A culture that steals eggs and can create desired offspring from their psychoreactive interaction with the egg and expectations. Godeggs with elemental poles breaking to create the universe as is! Nuanced cultures!!!

It is a time for great deeds!

Nice find, I'll check it out. I'm a massive world-building nerd, but it's been a while since I stretched those muscles.

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

They just released a Q and A video, man five months for the first video to be created! I like the ambition of this channel, and it’s the first place besides the Exalted forum that references Debt: the first 5,000 years as inspiration!

Comment

Do I have to be the one to address the mammoth in the room?

Native Lojiban speakers can likely be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. The author, who clearly speaks English fluently enough, decided to do the actual audio in a conlang they should know their audience doesn't speak, and do the subtitles in English, That's, um...

Let's go with "a highly unorthodox design decision", yeah.

That aside? They've got some interesting thoughts on worldbuilding. "An island that is actually the head of an aborted god-bird fetus" seems like it'd fit nicely in a Western shadowland, populated by pale quasi-divine maggot-folk that live "underground" in its air-sacs.

Comment

Originally posted by Amayad View Post
          Do I have to be the one to address the mammoth in the room?

Native Lojiban speakers can likely be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. The author, who clearly speaks English fluently enough, decided to do the actual audio in a conlang they should know their audience doesn't speak, and do the subtitles in English, That's, um...

Let's go with "a highly unorthodox design decision", yeah.

That aside? They've got some interesting thoughts on worldbuilding. "An island that is actually the head of an aborted god-bird fetus" seems like it'd fit nicely in a Western shadowland, populated by pale quasi-divine maggot-folk that live "underground" in its air-sacs.
          It seems they only tried the Early episodes in Lojiban, and I liked it but the rest are in English. But lately we get excellent reading suggestions whether fiction by ale Guin or older authors or 5,000 Years of Debt which has been recommended a lot in the Exalted Forums. But we get a wide range of considerations for Worldbuilding, both Linguistically and even things like Music worldbuilding, and societal workings. I really can’t recommend this channel enough!

And we get snippets of random worldbuilding episodes like the theology of a Generation ship that only measures time in 5 years worth of days as it’s the timespan of life of a child born of three parents and raised as a sacrifice to the god of the Journey by airlocking em. Or the glass orb world with the God of the Sun shining light from his face as he is hanged and spun from the ceiling while civilization work to make great towers to shave off a piece of skin from his colossal toe. It’s more creative then any channel I’ve seen.

Comment

Working...
          X