No announcement yet.

How to Put a Band-Aid on Infernals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the "really awful ways" in which the Infernal Charmset is broken? I see references to every yozi having a perfect defense, but I could use an explanation of what that's breaking, since every Celestial Exalt-type has multiple perfect defenses accessible after two or three prereqs each.

Comment

In 2.0, having a perfect defense was all you needed for entry-level combat capabilities. So every Yozi has that. In 2.5, perfects are no longer a sustainable combat strategy, you want some soak on top of that, and only two yozi have soak charms, and one of those isn't in the main book. (And as you only get 2 favored yozi, this means that if you want to buy them at favored prices, you've got half your character freedoms locked up, vs 20% for e.g. a Solr or Abyssal.)

For entry level combat level you can get by fine with just a big suit of artifact armor, but that doesn't necessarily mix with e.g. martial arts or character aesthetics.

The *simplest* thing you can do is let people buy some artifacts that duplicate soak charms. Don't let them stack, and make sure they still have e.g. the mote cost and such, (and don't let them get like, whole charm trees this way, if they want tons of charms they should just be favoring the yozi)

At highest level stuff, there's still issues with e.g. external penalties as bonus DV and DV-halvers as the best attack, but that's off-kilter for everyone not just Infernals.

Comment

Originally posted by Morangias View Post
        An idea that's much quicker than moving the Charms around until they form coherent Ability trees:

Go through each Charm in sequence and assign an Ability to it without altering it's placement in the tree. Make it so Charm costs are based not on favored Yozi, but favored Ability.

This makes the Yozis into theme-based "Charm clouds", not unlike the task-based clouds of Alchemical Exalted. Anyone shooting for a specific effect may be forced to buy a few non-favored prerequisites, but he can get all the stuff he really needs for favored cost regardless of Yozi.

Admittedly, it's just a rough, untested idea.
        Hm, interesting. My first thought was that it's not completely untested; 1e Lunars had something similar going on. My second thought was that it sucked when they did it, so why do it again. But then my third thought was, the main reason it sucked wasn't because of the favored pricing (though that also sucked), it was because you also needed to meet the Attribute minimums in Attributes you didn't favor. This neatly snips out that problem. Plus Infernals get 5 favored, which helps.

I might put in a clause that your Caste Yozi's Charms always count as favored regardless of Ability. Slayers don't automatically favor Presence but I'll bet Malfeas has lots of Charms in it, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
          I might put in a clause that your Caste Yozi's Charms always count as favored regardless of Ability. Slayers don't automatically favor Presence but I'll bet Malfeas has lots of Charms in it, for example.
          That's a possibility. On the other hand, that could give an Infernal even more favored charms unless you rejigger how Infernal caste abilities work. I don't consider that inherently a negative, but it does require a little more adjustment.

Comment

Make it so that the base Charms of the aforementioned non-perfect defenses don't require any prereqs.

Comment

The devs once said that the Infernal Exaltation is like a crust of yozi essence that's using a Solar exaltation like a battery pack. Lytek, if he were given an Infernal Exaltation, could clean off the crust and restore it to its original condition. This means that the Solar essence is still there, suppressed by meddling but possibly still accessible.

Infernals who invest in the martial arts discover the only way that threads of this Solar essence can be tapped directly -- through their native martial arts charms, the one oversight none of the yozis could have avoided with their limited perspectives. An Infernal has a choice of selecting either Solar Hero Style or Infernal Monster Style as their native martial art. This choice is made by investing in the charms in question. Both charm sets are treated as native up until the Infernal purchases either the form charm or any expansion charms of either style, whereupon that style is locked in as their native martial arts tree and the opposing tree loses the native status and all related discounts and other bonuses.

An Infernal who invests in this glorious art will almost certainly draw the ire of the yozis but their Exaltation does not have the means to punish them with limit for using Solar essence -- such a thing was thought to be impossible, and no safeguards were prepared to prevent its occurrence. It may also be difficult to recognize at first; anima displays caused by essence devoted to the charms of Solar Hero Style manifest in a tainted but still glorious form, akin to orichalcum that has been twisted by vitriol -- though it possesses a brassy sheen, it is just as effective as it has ever been.
              Last edited by HK-87; 05-08-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

One thought is to just give the Infernals a second Favored Yozi. Sure, you have to have either Malfeas or Kimberry Charms, but then every Solar needs some combat Ability if he wants to survive. Most Solars don't feel it especially painful to favor Resistance, Dodge, or Melee because they have four other picks for Favored Abilities. Giving Infernals more options helps take the pressure off that limited character resource.

Honestly, that's probably the biggest problem for Infernals - they get their Favored Charms in these limited bubbles. When you add a new Solar Charm, it's to one of 25 specialties that over 20% of Solars already have as a Favored area. Most of the new Charms that people make for Infernals are for Yozis outside the default five and so potentially no Infernals favor that Yozi. I've seen Isidoros Charm sets and I've done a Szoreny Charm set myself. Those aren't anyone's Caste Yozi and with only one Favored Yozi to play around with, you'd better be certain you want most of those Charms.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                The Underworld (3rd Edition)
                ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
                  One thought is to just give the Infernals a second Favored Yozi. Sure, you have to have either Malfeas or Kimberry Charms, but then every Solar needs some combat Ability if he wants to survive. Most Solars don't feel it especially painful to favor Resistance, Dodge, or Melee because they have four other picks for Favored Abilities. Giving Infernals more options helps take the pressure off that limited character resource.

Honestly, that's probably the biggest problem for Infernals - they get their Favored Charms in these limited bubbles. When you add a new Solar Charm, it's to one of 25 specialties that over 20% of Solars already have as a Favored area. Most of the new Charms that people make for Infernals are for Yozis outside the default five and so potentially no Infernals favor that Yozi. I've seen Isidoros Charm sets and I've done a Szoreny Charm set myself. Those aren't anyone's Caste Yozi and with only one Favored Yozi to play around with, you'd better be certain you want most of those Charms.

Hmm. An idea that just occurred to me was rather than give extra favoreds, drop down to *only* caste yozi, but then buy all unfavored charms @ 9 xp rather than 10. (Much like they already do for Sorcery.).

Comment

Originally posted by Lafing Cat View Post
                    Hmm. An idea that just occurred to me was rather than give extra favoreds, drop down to *only* caste yozi, but then buy all unfavored charms @ 9 xp rather than 10. (Much like they already do for Sorcery.).
                    I think good design hews closer to Alchemicals, who end up with 2/3s of their set favored. Those extra xp add up over time.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                    Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                    Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                    The Underworld (3rd Edition)
                    ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      Someone make these on the old forum, I remember that Revlid also have some Faith + Sand soak charms for Cece, and the old wiki also have some penalties-negator charms too IIRC.

Guile-Spun Shadow Flesh
                      Cost: — (+2m) ; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Permanent
                      Keywords: None
                      Duration: Permanent
                      Prerequisite Charms: Witness to Darkness

The Ebon Dragon is not merely Creation's ultimate liar but Creation's ultimate lie. Upon learning this charm the Infernal's body becomes the impossible stuff of material absence, it no longer draws its resilience from substance or physical might but from the Infernal's ability to fool the world into believing he exists. The Infernal's soak is now calculated using their Manipulation attribute instead of Stamina. Furthermore for a cost of 2m the Infernal may add (Essence + Dodge) to their bashing and lethal soak for the duration of a single attack, if the Infernal activates this power while in direct sunlight the true nature of what they have become is exposed for all to see. The charm becomes obvious as the Infernal is revealed to be nothing more than a walking, talking abyss with a human shape, pitch black from head to toe (save perhaps for glowing eyes at the player's discretion), the Infernal is shown not so much to resist damage as to absorb the force of a blow into the void they have become.

Mocking Futile Heroics
                      Cost: +1m ; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
                      Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
                      Duration: Instant
                      Prerequisite Charms: Guile-Spun Shadow Flesh

The Ebon Dragon is a wretched coward who would prefer not to be struck at all, yet as much as it pains him to admit it this isn't always possible, even for him. Nevertheless he finds consolation when the finest efforts of Creation's heroes leave barely a scratch on him, allowing the Shadow of All Things to revel in their failure, disappointment and despair. Every mote spend on this charm removes one die from the post-soak damage of an attack against the Infernal, to a minimum of one die. Use of this charm causes writhing shadows and oily blackness to sprout from the fresh wound before they seamlessly knit the flesh back together. It is considered customary for the Infernal to taunt their adversary afterwards.

If the attacker's Dodge MDV is lower than the number of motes spent on this defence the attacker's confidence is shattered causing them to suffer a -2 internal penalty to all actions for the remainder of the scene. Resisting this unnatural emotion effect costs one Willpower.

Armoured in Corruption
                      Cost: 5m ; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
                      Keywords: Combo-OK
                      Duration: One Scene
                      Prerequisite Charms: Guile-Spun Shadow Flesh

When the Ebon Dragon finds he has no choice but to enter battle he always does so with neither armour nor shield, he does not do this out of some sense of valour (the very concept being anathema to his craven heart) but because the foul miasma of degradation that surrounds him is the only defence he needs. All attacks against the Infernal have their minimum damage reduced by up to two dice for the duration of this charm unless the attack incorporates a holy effect.

Furthermore while this charm is active if the infernal is attacked with a mundane weapon it is destroyed within the tenth step of the attack's resolution regardless of whether or not it hit the Infernal or inflicted any damage; the wielder might have suffered a sudden lapse in competence that caused them to critically mishandle the weapon, perhaps the weapon itself finally succumbed to a fatal yet unnoticed flaw or in extreme cases it might even have begun to spontaneously rust and decay.
                      I like these! Especially the last one - it just screams ED with that "Lol I broke your toy!"

If anything, I'd add to that one (the Armored in Corruption one) that it of course doesn't work on attacks have the holy tag or are of magical materials, but I'm also tempted to add an effect that unlocks at Essence 4 which triggers a roll-off with Essence+willpower dice between the GSP and the attacker, and if the GSP wins the roll the attacking weapon, then the weapon looses attunement... if its something you attune to

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post

I think good design hews closer to Alchemicals, who end up with 2/3s of their set favored. Those extra xp add up over time.
                        Alchemicals favor that much of their set because of a number of reasons, none of which are present in Infernals. The most important of which is attribute switching in the middle of a tree.No other exalt can be *forced* to buy an unfavored charm *just* to get a favored charm. A second very important one of which is caste attributes which aren't aligned along functional/thematic groups (There's also the fact that they're supposed to be able to modularly swap around for different roles, which is less useful if buying extra roles is more expensive)

Infernals don't have either of those problems. You'll never need to buy a Cecelyne charm to get a Malfeas charm, and yozis are inherently functional/thematic packages.

(as for the xp adding up, it's true that in my system you're paying 1 more xp for any charm from your previous favored yozi, but you're *also* paying 1 xp *less* for every charm from every other yozi. It's a net gain as long as you have more charms from the other 3 or 4 (or N) yozi put together than you do from your favored yozi. Which may or may not be true for any given character, I grant you. Could always leave it at players options, depending on how much they thought they'd want to dabble.)

Comment

As the dude who wrote, and kinda botched the Infernals 2.5 errata, I feel kinda guilty, and have since written some patch notes to get them slightly back upper on track. With Holden's permission to post, here they are. You may consider these, to steal a phrase from Jenna Moran, stunt canon.

Errated Charms from Manual of Exalted Power: Infernals

(Yozi) Mythos Exultant

Malfeas: The Demon Emperor works his wrath through the sheer power of his terrible will, calling boundless power out of hatred and fury. A stunt enhanced by this Charm allows the Green Sun Prince to pay a point of Willpower in place of up to (Essence) motes when activating an Excellency of Malfeas to enhance the stunted action.

Cold Fire Desolation Brand
                          Cost: — (+2m)

Inflicting Final Viridescence with the Essence 5+ effect of this Charm increases the surcharge to +4m.

Vitriolic Corona Endowment

Disregard the Charm’s first purchase entirely; purchasing this Charm grants characters the ability to conjure an infernal lance. The Charm has no second purchase. While wielding the lance conjured by this Charm, the Infernal gains a single offensive mote each time his DV refreshes while he is joined in combat.

Wrath-Stoked Bonfire Soul
                          Cost: — (+5m)

Scorpion-Tailed Mirage Technique
                          Cost: 4m
                          Prerequisite Charms: Sand-Slip Trick

The cost of this Charm is not reduced when the Infernal is in a place of desolation. The Essence 4+ effect does not require a repurchase to use and adds a surcharge of two motes and a point of Willpower to this Charm's cost.

Sandstrike Blast

The sandstrike blast has the Overwhelming tag, with minimum damage equal to the warlock's (Essence), maximum 5.

[BEGIN BOXED TEXT]
                          Imperfection of the Principle of Hierarchy

The tenets and patterns of She Who Lives In Her Name give order and stability to a universe of mad chaos. That which she understands is less than her, and so unable to harm her. Against a type of entity which the warlock is not familiar with, whether it is an exotic species of animal, an Exalt of a type she has only heard rumors about, or a singular anomaly of the Wyld, a Charm bearing this Imperfection cannot be used to defend against the first attack made by such an enemy in a scene, and suffers a three-mote surcharge against subsequent attacks. Additionally, unexpected attacks and attacks enhanced with Charms or magic the warlock is unfamiliar with also incur a three-mote surcharge, unless made by a creature of the Wyld. These surcharges never stack.
                          [END BOXED TEXT]

Mind-Hand Manipulation

All of the attack options granted by this Charm ignore Hardness from armor and have minimum damage 3. Rate is capped at 5.

Will-Crushing Force

Draining Willpower with this Charm only requires the Infernal to forgo one level of damage in Step 10, not all levels. She can still only drain one point of Willpower with each damaging attack.

Kalmanka's Grace
                          Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
                          Keywords: Combo-OK, Velocity
                          Prerequisite Charms: Wind-Born Stride

Replace the text of this Charm with the following:

The Infernal waltzes and pirouettes through sky-darkening tempests of arrows, untouched and seemingly oblivious to their passage. Kalmanka's Grace adds two to the Infernal's Dodge DV against an attack. Against ranged attacks made from outside the Infernal's engagement range, this bonus rises to her (Essence). These bonuses do not count towards the maximum DV limit. This Charm cannot be activated at speeds less than dashing at maximum rate.

Successfully defending against a ranged attack with this Charm allows the warlock to reflexively move up to her full dashing speed towards the attacking character as a counterattack in Step 9.

Laughing Gust Denial
                          Cost: — (+3m)

Using the Essence 5+ effect of this Charm increases the surcharge to three motes and a point of Willpower.

Damning Petulance Technique

Actions enhanced by a two-die stunt have their target number increased by one, rather than being unaffected. Damning Petulance Technique can be used to affect damage rolls, increasing their target numbers based on the stunt rating of the attack roll that preceded them.

Life-Blighting Emptiness Attack

The additional damage of this Charm ignores Hardness from armor, and cannot be reduced below the minimum damage of the supplemented attack by soak. Any motes stolen by this Charm must be added to the Infernal's Overdrive pool as offensive motes. If he does not have an Overdrive pool, they are lost.

Bloodless Murk Evasion

Bloodless Murk Evasion can be activated in response to Holy attacks. Doing so provides no defense against the attack, but allows the Infernal to teleport away from the attacker as a counterattack in Step 9.

Errataed Charms from the Broken-Winged Crane

Firefly Arrowhead Grip
                          Cost: – (+2m)

Replace the text of the Charm with the following:

When one is fast enough to sidestep arrows, catching them is easy as plucking insects from the air. The warlock can pay an additional two motes when activating Kalmanka's Grace to apply its bonus to both her Dodge and Parry DVs. Such activations allow her to parry lethal ranged attacks unarmed, and successfully doing so allows her to catch the projectile and reflexively ready it as a weapon.

At Essence 4+, parried projectiles may be caught and “carried” in eddies of wind spinning around the Exalt. Such items may be knocked from their irregular orbit with a successful disarm attack and may be grabbed and wielded by the warlock as if they were stored on her person. More importantly, the warlock can reflexively hurl all captured projectiles into an enemy to enhance a close combat attack, with each item adding one die to the attack roll (up to the normal limits for Charm bonuses) and two to the attack’s raw damage. Projectiles exceeding this limit still fly at the target, but to no additional effect. Hurled missiles then drop to the ground, no longer held by Firefly Arrowhead Grip.

Beauteous Carnage Incentive

Replace the text of the Charm with the following:

With experience of the world, Adorjan's appetite to share enlightenment only grows. This Charm grants the Infernal an additional 10-mote pool of Peripheral Essence. Whenever a scene of combat ends, the warlock may transfer any offensive motes in her Overdrive pool into the pool granted by Beauteous Carnage Incentive, converting them into regular motes.

Fond Remembrance of Adrián

The counterattack granted by this Charm ignores both soak and Hardness from armor. It has a minimum damage of 2.

Sweet Agony Savored

Replace this Charm in its entirety with the following:

Wickedness Made Law
                          Cost: —; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
                          Keywords: Native
                          Prerequisite Charms: Selfishness is Power

The Ebon Dragon reviles the laws and customs of man and god alike, seeing them for the shackles they are. It is his nature to test and corrupt them, taking perverse satisfaction in the discovery of their faults and flaws. This Charm grants the Infernal an additional 10-mote pool of Peripheral Essence. The Infernal can fill this pool by perpetrating acts of depravity, or by manipulating others into doing so. Such acts are those that would cause shock, outrage, or scandal according to the common mores of Creation’s dominant culture (currently the Realm) or the dominant culture in which the act occurs. Each hour spent in depravity adds a number of motes equal to the Magnitude of the social unit within which the misdeeds took place.

[BEGIN BOXED TEXT]
                          <3> Charm Concept: Acts of Depravity
                          An act of depravity is defined as any act which would cause shock, outrage, or scandal according to the common mores of Creation’s dominant culture (currently the Realm) or the dominant culture in which the act occurs. Murder, adultery, rape, incest, theft, violent assault and disrespect toward the Terrestrial Exalted on the part of mortals are all examples of acts of depravity within the Realm, and are thus applicable wherever the Charm is used. More specific acts of depravity might include rudeness to an Essence 6+ divinity (if the Charm were used in Yu-Shan), enslavement of citizens of Nexus (if used in Nexus), or disobeying a superior officer (if used in Lookshy)
                          [END BOXED TEXT]

Spiteful Sea Tincture

Only one dose of poison can be transmitted per attack. No more than (Essence) doses of poison created by this Charm can exist simultaneously; creating new doses over the limit causes the oldest one to dissolve into harmless seawater. The Essence 3+ repurchase improves the traits of the created poison, but does not make it Sorcerous or alter its duration.

New Charms

Maimed But Unbroken
                          Cost: 1m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
                          Prerequisite Charms: Scar-Writ Saga Shield

Malfeas's scars still burn with the pain of guilt and shame, a reminder of the mutilation he suffered at the hands of the Exalted. Never again. Activating this Charm negates any Crippling effect that would harm the Infernal. He may waive its Willpower cost if his wound penalties are at -4 or higher.

Inviolable Scripture Caparisons
                          Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Reflexive (Step 7)
                          Duration: One tick
                          Prerequisite Charms: Demonic Primacy of Essence

Azure glyphs flare to life in the Infernal's anima, spelling out the terms of her divinity for all to behold. Non-magical attacks are incapable of damaging her through these glyphs. Even magical attacks subtract one die from their post-soak damage for each point by which the Infernal's Essence exceeds that of the attacker, to a minimum of zero damage. Characters capable of reading Old Realm may read these fact in the glyphs conjured by this Charm, allowing them to automatically understand the function of this defensive magic.

Crumbling Sand-Self Embodiment
                          Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 7)
                          Prerequisite Charms: Transcendent Desert Creature

The warlock's flesh melts into silver sand as she is struck, dispersing the force of the blows against her. An attack opposed by Crumbling Sand-Self Embodiment does not add the attacker's Strength or weapon damage when calculating its raw damage in Step 7. Only extra successes and damage added by Charms apply against it. Attacks that are not made with a physical weapon or projectile cannot have their damage reduced by this Charm.

Manifest Consciousness Extrusion
                          Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Supplemental
                          Prerequisite Charms: Mind-Hand Manipulation

The Infernal sends a pulse of will through her telekinetic limbs, giving them strength to reorder the world or disassemble her foes. Manifest Consciousness Extrusion can supplement any telekinetic action made with Mind-Hand Manipulation. The warlock adds her (Willpower) to her effective Strength rating for that action.

Illimitable Boundaries Assertion
                          Cost: —; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Permanent
                          Prerequisite Charms: First She Who Lives In Her Name Excellency, Mind-Hand Manipulation

The Whispering Flame is not limited by the scope of her physical existence. Comprehension defines the ambit of her grasp, and her comprehension is all but infinite. All telekinetic attacks made with Mind-Hand Manipulation have their Range extended to (Willpower + [Essence x 5]) yards. In addition, any enemy that suffers knockback from a telekinetic blow is damaged upon colliding with an obstacle as described in Heaven Thunder Hammer (Exalted, p. 242).

With Essence 3+, the warlock can manipulate the bodies of enemies held in a telekinetic clinch. Whenever she succeeds on a roll to maintain control of a telekinetic clinch, she can move the bound character up to (Essence) yards in any direction as long as they remain within the range of Mind-Hand Manipulation. Clinched enemies that are moved into obstacles suffer collision damage as if they had suffered knockback.

With Heuristic Logos Shintai active, this Charm instead adds +500 yards to the Range of the warlock's telekinetic attacks. In addition, the shintai allows clinched enemies to be telekinetically moved up to (Essence x 3) yards with each successful roll.

Wayward Wind Evasion
                          Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 7)
                          Prerequisite Charms: Wind-Born Stride

A reflex of Essence sends the warlock recoiling from an attack even before it hits, turning deadly threats into glancing blows. An attack opposed by Wayward Wind Evasion has its post-soak damage reduced by one die for each purchase of Wind-Born Stride the Infernal possesses, to a minimum of zero dice. Attacks that have already been reduced to their minimum damage by the warlock's soak instead lose only a single die of post-soak damage.

Blood-Stained Sky Assault
                          Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
                          Duration: One tick
                          Prerequisite Charms: Joy in Violence Approach

No one kills faster than the Silent Wind. All attacks the warlock makes on this tick add a single die of post-soak damage. Against mortals and animals, this is converted into an automatic level of damage in Step 10.

With Essence 3+, the warlock can pay an additional three motes to convert the bonus damage of this Charm to automatic levels against Essence users as well as mortals.

Heart-Seeking Wind Caress
                          Cost: 1m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
                          Prerequisite Charms: Tragic Love Amusement

Nothing can keep the Silent Wind from the objects of her affection. As the warlock strikes, her blades dissolves into a blur of motion, slipping through armor to strike the heart. An attack supplemented by this Charm subtracts the Infernal's (Compassion) from any soak or Hardness from armor that is applied against it. If the Infernal channels her Compassion to enhance the attack, she instead halves soak from armor if that would afford a higher reduction.

Escape The Dawn
                          Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
                          Duration: One scene
                          Prerequisite Charms: Bloodless Murk Evasion

The Ebon Dragon is free from the chains of pride and arrogance that blind the brave to their own survival. When the tide of the Primordial War turned against the titans, he was the first to flee. Now he is alive, and his brothers are dead. Escape the Dawn is the Ebon Dragon's internalization of this lesson, empowering the Infernal to retreat from his foes. While this Charm is active, the warlock gains the following benefits:

• He adds a +2 bonus to his Dodge DV

• While in combat, he adds (Essence) to his Move and dashing speeds as long as he is not moving towards any enemy. When using Bloodless Murk Evasion, the distance he can teleport is doubled as long as he does not teleport towards any enemies.

• He may choose to activate Bloodless Murk Evasion for zero motes (doing so is compatible with extended activations of the Charm). Using this free perfect dodge ends this Charm, after which it cannot be reactivated for the rest of the scene. With Essence 5+, the warlock may invoke up to (Essence ÷ 2) free activations before this Charm ends.
                          Last edited by Robert Vance; 05-08-2014, 08:50 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Vance, I have not read the patch, but just skimming its length I know that you are still and always will be a wonderful person to do this. I just wanted to let you know that

There are no problems, only plothooks.
                            Terrifying Argent Witches Hub
                            Originally posted by Dex Davican
                            I need them for my collection: Enormous Gonads of 2012: A Retrospective.

Comment

Vance delivers. (also, saved to a text file).

Comment

Vance, you forgot to fix SWLIHN's flaw of invulnerability.

Comment

Working...
                                X