Where was the Scarlet Empress?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two theories:

1: She's retired peacefully somewhere in the threshold, living a normal life incognito. (My personal headcanon)

2: Whatever force was fueling her longevity finally gave out, and she died of old age. The years caught up to her body immediately after her death, and she crumbled to dust.

Literally any gender pronoun is fine, don't worry about it in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot_Vedas View Post
      Two theories:

1: She's retired peacefully somewhere in the threshold, living a normal life incognito. (My personal headcanon)

2: Whatever force was fueling her longevity finally gave out, and she died of old age. The years caught up to her body immediately after her death, and she crumbled to dust.
      This makes me want to do an opposite angle where here longevity is running strong but she is becoming more and more worried about the gap in prowess between her and her dynasty starting to shrink as her scions grow. So she spent 1k+ spiritual journey in Zenmu/Beyond/Faraway to work on developing some edges to distance herself from the other Dragonblooded, as well as work on methods to get one over the Sidereals that try to reign her in, and perhaps most of all work on a method to sustain her dominance without relying on the Sword of Creation which is finally showing signs of sputtering and essentially will cause an apocalypse on the Blessed Isle if used.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I remember an idea on rpg.net.

The sword of creation was for defending Creation itself from any threat. Any threat. And here's the catch.

Even a mortal can open it, as long as her motivation was 'protect creation'.

When the Scarlet Empress entered it, so long ago, her desire was only to protect Creation. To halt the Balorian Crusade and weld the Dragonblooded together into a single whole to smash apart the monsters.

But then, years and years of politicking, of court, of despotism, has changed her motivation to 'ensure the continuation of the Scarlet Dynasty' or 'protect the realm'. And now the Sword no longer opens for her.

You want to find the Scarlet Empress? Don't look in the Threshold or Malfeas. She's on Mount Meru, gazing upon the entirety of Creation using the most powerful Awareness Charms she has, trying to change her motivation so that she can use the Sword again.

Comment

Working...
        X