Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Meeting 27/8/2018: Storytellers Vault and Hundred Devils

So, couple of things in this week's Monday Meeting:

Exalted's going to be added to White Wolf's Storytellers Vault, allowing community created content for all three editions to be put up for sale.

Also, they're getting to the point where they're looking at assembling at least the Hundred Devils Night Parade releases into a book, though they've still got a lot more to go.

Rich wants to know whether they should do one Hundred Devils book now and a second later, or hold off to create one big book.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Originally posted by marin View Post
    Rich wants to know whether they should do one Hundred Devils book now and a second later, or hold off to create one big book.
    Depends. Will HDNP be an ongoing feature, or is there a defined endpoint on the horizon? If the former, I say periodic collections are the way to go. If the latter, one big book.

Comment

I agree that if it's an ongoing feature then periodic collections would be better and those periodic collections can eventually in turn be collected into big anthology books.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

What you guys said. If it's going to have a finite schedule, hold out for that an make a bigass book. If not give us a 150-180 page softcover every 18 months to two years please.

Either way I'm not going to buy single monthly 2-4 page releases like they are being offered now. The quality is great from what I've seen and it's not too expensive, but I just don't like the hassle of having to manage dozens of PDFs by myself.

Comment

I find I buy some and not others depending on whether I like the individual thing. Which is fine for me, maybe not for Onyx Path. They might make more money with a proper book.

Anyway, I agree, 1 or 2 books really just depends on how often they're going to do it.

Also though.......
          There's kind of the issue that I'm probably not going to buy the book if I already have the pdfs for most of it. Maybe if there was some kind of discount. But I guess that the book would be mainly marketed at those who don't have most of the pdfs because, like Cheshire Cat, they don't like multiple pdfs (I find it fine, I just put them all in one folder called Hundred Devils).

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I admittedly might start buying them if hints were dropped that they weren't going to do a big book, but as far as I can remember it's always been suggested that the individual offerings would eventually be compiled into one volume, which I definitely will buy.

Comment

I, for one, am waiting on some sort of book collection. I'll provide Rich that feedback.

The Lunar Castebooks fan project - Complete! (Changing, Full, No, and Casteless)

Comment

From Rich's comments, there's going to be an endpoint.

Comment

I personally wouldn’t mind if there wasn’t an end point, honestly. However, I dunno if they have enough people working on this to keep it going indefinitely.

Comment

Where do I find the details for the Storyteller's Vault?

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                    Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                    Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                    The Underworld (3rd Edition)
                    ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
                      Try their General Information page.

Comment

It depends on when Exalted Storyteller's Vault is going to be up and ready.
                        Something I really value about the current format of Night Parade and Adversaries is that they're not packaged together in a big book that my players will buy and absorb all the relevant information but obviously Storyteller's Vault lets us keep this monster of the month format.

The Freedom Stone is back

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
                          They don’t have any info for Exalted up yet.

Comment

What sorts of things would people want from Exalted fan products?

Comment

Also, the new Hundred Devils and Adversaries entries are out. We have a small gem eating lizard suitable for a familiar, a large metal eating elemental with an Eclipse keyword charm for digging pit traps, and a Pirate captain who is the Chosen of a Volcano God. I think her crew have already been detailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X