Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mystery of the forlorn Infinite Chakram

- or -

Why would I take a Light Artifact Thrown weapon?

My group and I are doing a little Exalted tonight, at a con gaming session. The question came up: why would I take Light Artifact Thrown weapon?
    • Artifact cost is based on Evocations.
    • Medium Artifact Thrown weapons are numerically identical or superior in every stat: Damage and Overwhelming are better, while Attunement is the same and accuracy is determined by range anyway.
    • Various light mortal thrown weapons have advantageous tags, such as concealability or poison delivery. Infinite Chakram seems to not be susceptible to having to be retrieved on a botched attack, but loses out on range compared to a Skycutter, and loses the Mounted tag of the mortal chakram.

Is there something that would draw me to an Infinite Chakram instead of a Skycutter? Should it perhaps retain the Mounted tag as an errata?

Thanks!

Check out Momentum Exalted!

It's a form weapon for Air Dragon Style, and Skycutters aren't.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

The skycutter is physically larger. If you're trying to keep a lower profile and don't have the likes of Summoning the Loyal Steel, this could be something of a disadvantage.

Comment

Good answers, thanks!

Would you rule that the Infinite Chakram loses the Mounted tag, still?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          The skycutter is physically larger. If you're trying to keep a lower profile and don't have the likes of Summoning the Loyal Steel, this could be something of a disadvantage.
          With Archery, there's a similar issue, Medium weapons are just better than Small weapons (the Large weapons all have the Slow tag), but a longbow is pretty difficult to hide, and is pretty awkward to carry around compared to a shortbow.
          (Flame pieces are also medium, and easy to conceal, but again have Slow tag.)

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I'm pretty sure the infinite chakram not having the mounted tag has been confirmed as an error.

Comment

Chakrams are cool.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

It's easier to justify an Infinite Chakram having "bouncing off of everything like a demented pinball" Evocations because of its shape than it is a Skycutter or any other thrown weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  Chakrams are cool.
                  ......And now I want to build an artifact Bowtie.

Comment

Skycutters can't be made into the brim of a tophat

Comment

Good info... and an OddJob!

Comment

While this admittedly isn't a reason for you, the player, picking the chakram over the boomerang, I'd wager the most common in-character reason for sticking with chakrams would simply be them being a popular weapon in your character's culture. Same way if you're from, say, Lookshy, you may instinctively prefer curved swords (Curved. Swords.) over straight ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          It's easier to justify an Infinite Chakram having "bouncing off of everything like a demented pinball" Evocations because of its shape than it is a Skycutter or any other thrown weapon.
                          Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                          Skycutters can't be made into the brim of a tophat
                          That’s it, reasons found, /thread.

Comment

Speaking of hats and chakrams: If your chakrams aren't infinite, you can still use a hat to carry them!

Comment

I'm going to just note here that Skycutters are cool too.

http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Hiraikotsu

Comment

Working...
                              X