Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Not hideous, just ugly
    Ah; like the difference between somebody being tall, and having long body proportions.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz
    Or plain.
    Doesn't the Attribute describe itself as being largely about posture and confidence, anyway?

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz
    My point is that not every concept needs to take every charm.
    I don't think those are really the same, but it also doesn't matter because Epimetheus is not describing the Charms accurately.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      If having a Bond doesn’t fit your concept you invest in different Charms and are not disadvantaged.
      Charm, singular.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I like the approach to the Bond in this edition, from what I've seen so far. When I play a Lunar with the Bond as a significant part of their character, I generally want them to be good at protecting and supporting their mate, and these Charms look like a good complement to that.

A Solar mate as a rival or hated enemy seems like an interesting option to explore, too, and I'm glad some Charms can work well with that too.

Comment

I’m now imagining a First Age Lunar with Omniscient Instinct Concentration who’s Mate was one of the Solars who kept reincarnating. Feeling that senation of joy at the reincarnation quickly followed by the pain of their death, over and over, across the millennia... That seems like it might screw you up a bit.

I could imagine the Lunar becoming numb to it, until they sense the reincarnation....and the Solar doesn’t die. Not after a week. Not after a Month. And the Lunar goes to find them, protect them, keep them safe.

Comment

"Man, we've got to figure out how to turn my mate back into a Solar."

"Yeah, these Deathknights are really spooky, and maybe dangerous."

"It's not that. I kinda like the goth look. It's just I've got a really sweet starmetal artifact that I took off that Sidereal I killed, and Abyssals aren't resonant with anything but soulsteel."

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              Charm, singular.
              To be clear, the preview shows off many charms which benefit from having a solar mate, but they are quite useful without one. There is no need to avoid them merely because having a Solar Mate doesn't fit your character concept.

Comment

One of them only gets a boost if your solar mate is an eclipse.

Comment

Love it.

Willing to tolerate Blood-and-Tears Elixir being Stamina. Intelligence will have its own Medicine Charms, apparently including Night’s Mercy Panacea. Also, the Charm is good.

There’s no point for Divine Paramour Embrace to reference a persuade action when the target MUST consent without resistance for the effect to have any effect.

I’m concerned about how often one would be able or need to use Taboo-Enforcing Beast, but I love how the Lunar could use it as the king with their own face, or as the stolen or borrowed face of a king or their Solar Mate as the king. Also the Lunar could use it as the American bald eagle to affect an American. Would the Realm count dragons as their animal?

I’m hoping that sight/hearing cousins of History-Divining Scent exist.

I love Moon-and-Sun Panoply, particularly the allowance that a Lunar might craft an artifact for her Solar Mate.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

There’s no point for Divine Paramour Embrace to reference a persuade action when the target MUST consent without resistance for the effect to have any effect.
                    I'd say it helps to characterise the action, and would also matter if the person does apply their Resolve.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold
                    I love Moon-and-Sun Panoply, particularly the allowance that a Lunar might craft an artifact for her Solar Mate.
                    I like the Solar Charms to awaken Evocations primarily for giving a bit of heft if an Artifact should be gifted or loaned, and the idea of a Lunar doing so for their Solar carries a similar, if not stronger, image.

Comment

Not entirely clear what happens if the solar de-commits their attunement motes though. Does the lunar's attunement remain? Does the solar's? (It says it protects againt any effect that would break attunement...)

Comment

Since obviously the Bonds originate through past Exalted action this edition, I’m inclined to say there is a lost “sacred marriage” ritual that can allow a Lunar without a Bond to form one.

Lunar/Lunar bonds seem plausible, and potentially could open up new Charm concepts involving things like form library sharing.

Lunar/Sidereal Bonds would probably work more or less like Solar Bonds with some tweaked clauses on when certain Bonds apply (“a society your Mate actively guides the rulers of” rather than “a society your Mate rules”, etc).

A Dragon-Blooded Bond could be interesting because instead of your Mate reincarnating, the Bond is passed to heirs down a family line (only one heir at a time though without heavy new charm design for charms that play off whole hosts of Dragon Blooded and are balanced accordingly).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

My personal preference is for the bond, and magics that tie into it, to be the emergent result of thousands of years of emotional connection, and not something you can duplicate with a spell or working without at least a thousand years.

Comment

I'd say it helps to characterise the action, and would also matter if the person does apply their Resolve.
                            The Charm explicitly only works if they don’t apply their Resolve. If the attempt is resisted and the Lunar seduces them anyway, the Charm does nothing.

You might as well include unresisted social attempts for Solar Medicine Charms.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              The Charm explicitly only works if they don’t apply their Resolve. If the attempt is resisted and the Lunar seduces them anyway, the Charm does nothing.
                              What I'm saying is that if the other party doesn't play along, it still functions as a normal persuasion action, that will require a Decision Point if it overcomes Resolve, just that it has a lot of wasted motes attached to it.

Mostly though, I just think that it's described as being so because that's what seduction actions are. I don't think it detracts from the Charm in any way for it to be using terminology in a manner other than the strict mechanical interactions.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold
                              You might as well include unresisted social attempts for Solar Medicine Charms.
                              That... doesn't really track...

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard
                              My personal preference is for the bond, and magics that tie into it, to be the emergent result of thousands of years of emotional connection, and not something you can duplicate with a spell or working without at least a thousand years.

I'm inclined to view it as a combination of intrinsic functions of their Exaltation (and thus beyond all lesser magics), the unique alchemy of the mythic circumstances, the resonance of Chosen of Sun and Moon's duality (and, underneath that, the imagery of Solar might being able to tame the heart and temper of Lunar wildness), smoothed along a bit by the divine miracle of the Last City.

It's not something that can be replicated with paltry sorcery, and probably nothing of its like will ever come again. Not without an act of plot equal to the significance of the creation of the Exalted, or a Yozi escaping, or managing to get rid of the Great Curse.

I would definitely think that the significance of the Bond is cheapened if people are just going to connect it with whomever they please, and that if it's going to empower them so, the decision to not have the baggage of a past life connection to a Solar carries a meaningful sacrifice. Despite what Chompy managed in Masters of Jade, they're not entitled to having their cake and eating it too.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the war, although I find it a bit obvious. It might be conceited, but I kind of prefer my own idea that the conflict was about the status of the Caul.
                                I'm unhappy with previous Exalted material that portrays the First Age Dragon-Blooded as nothing more than subservient adjuncts to the Solar Exalted. In that context, I feel that taking the Dragon-Blooded/Lunar conflict over the Caul and turning that into a Solar/Lunar conflict over the Caul is a bad look.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X