[PEACH] Origami Vestments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PEACH] Origami Vestments

I'm starting up a new game later this week and one of my players wanted a cool, useful artifact but didn't want a weapon or armor and didn't care for any of the other wonders that have been printed. Since he wanted to play a schmoozing, social character this is what I've come up with so far. I haven't finished all the flavor stuff, but I've got the crunch at least moderately working. But I'm kinda terrible at crunch, so I'd appreciate input.

Origami Vestments - Artifact ●● The original form of the origami vestments is a simple and elegant unisex tunic and trouser set that provides the wearer with comfortable and flattering attire, but its simple appearance masks its true nature.
    By spending 5 motes and taking a Simple action to carefully fold and press the vestments, its fabric of essence spider silk and thread of moonsilver can unfurl into whatever attire the owner deems necessary, from a commoner’s humble jinbei to the elegant robes of the imperial court, mending any damage to the fabric and cleansing it of any soiling as if it has been freshly washed and dried.

Truly clever owners of the vestments can turn this effect to even greater results. By making a Intelligence+Socialize roll, the difficulty set by the complexity of the situation (For example, impressing a small village at the annual harvest festival would be difficulty 1, while impressing the Scarlet Impress during a personal audience would be difficulty 5), the wearer gains a +1 non-charm die item bonus to all subsequent Socialize rolls for as long as the attire is relevant.
    Characters that resonate with Moonsilver can instead attune to the vestments for 5 motes, forgoing any further costs to change the cut and style of the clothes. Attunement awakens the moonsilver to its owner’s will, allowing them to react and reshape as desired by the wearer while the garb is still being worn. The vestments fold and reshape on their wearer with an enchanting flurry of motion, settling on its new shape mere moments later. The Socialize roll is still required to gain the item bonus to subsequent Socialize actions, however.
    Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 09-19-2018, 12:05 AM. Reason: Made it better

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

I would say that the resonant benefit should not require active folding, it should just fold around the wearer in an obviously magical flurry of motion.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      I would say that the resonant benefit should not require active folding, it should just fold around the wearer in an obviously magical flurry of motion.

Otherwise it looks good to me.
      I like it. Thanks for the input!

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

No problem. Was the player going specifically for a 2 dot artifact? Because I could imagine this as an Evocation for a set of Silk Armor, possibly even an attunement bonus for a set of named, specific armor.

They also might want to look at the Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light in the core, as it's a good one for allowing the social character to always look their absolute best.

Comment

Yeah, they specifically were going for a two dot artifact. They looked at the collar but they specifically wanted something in a similar vein that could change. So we kept the cleanliness part (mostly) and swapped the disease resistance for versatility. Shapeshifting clothes was their idea based on a similar item in Pathfinder, I Exalted-ed it up with the item bonus and additional flourishes. Player is really pleased with the result.

Comment

Working...
          X