High School Campaigns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Campaigns

Has anyone done a high school campaign and what high school anime did you took inspiration from?

I am gearing up for running one once the DB book and the Realm book come out.

My primary media inspirations are:
    Harry Potter
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Assassination Classroom
    Kill La Kill
    Azumangah Daioh
    Queen Seondok (Korean live action drama, lots of it good House of Bells and Dynastic politics inspiration)

Hope that helps!

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
    -Roger Zelazny

Comment

I've always thought using the characters from Mai-HIME/My-Otome would make for a good Dragon Blooded school story

Comment

I would add the anime school rumble for some good silliness. Maybe the first 3 seasons of the original Buffy tv show for live action sources. That would keep most kids mortal, but by 3rd year most are aware of stuff going on. Not as good for obvious DB plots though.

Comment

Oh, and Persona 4. How could I forget?!

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

-Roger Zelazny

Comment

Monsterhearts is a good reference for things that can happen in a supernatural high school.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Old Guru View Post
              Oh, and Persona 4. How could I forget?!
              5, too! Never having heard of the series before, I got into it when my housemate was playing it because of the top-notch battle music. It makes me want to make Night-castes. Or Air aspects. Flamboyant ones.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVj0Z6ahcI

Comment

I am gearing up for running one once the DB book and the Realm book come out.

My primary media inspirations are:
                Harry Potter
                Ouran High School Host Club
                Assassination Classroom
                Kill La Kill
                Azumangah Daioh
                Queen Seondok (Korean live action drama, lots of it good House of Bells and Dynastic politics inspiration)

Hope that helps!
                No classic X-men?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

How about X-Men: Evolution?

Comment

Man, I love all things X Men. But this is a DB game-less "hated and feared" and more "seen as living avatars of the Immaculate Dragons and being groomed to run society." The Mutant Metaphor might work for some Anathema kids, I guess, but that's not the game I'm running.

That being said, I have been sick this weekend and therefore binging cartoons to distract myself from the frailties of my mortal frame, like you do, and so I have been watching a ton of Sailor Moon.

... pretty sure that's gonna have a decided influence on my game.

-Roger Zelazny

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of a Burn Legend campaign, where the Ryuujin (Dragon-Blooded) were the All-Powerful Student Council, the Okami (Lunars) were the delinquent gang members, the Tennin (Sidereals) were the AV geeks and at least one teacher, who were also running special martial arts clubs, and the Principal is a Yamajin (Infernal), of course!

And as for the Mugen (Solars)...

Comment

Man, I love all things X Men. But this is a DB game-less "hated and feared" and more "seen as living avatars of the Immaculate Dragons and being groomed to run society." The Mutant Metaphor might work for some Anathema kids, I guess,
                        Sorcery is viewed with suspicion, so a Heptagram game may draw on some of the themes. Not precisely, but a bit more than Harry Potter,
                        but that's not the game I'm running.

Comment

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post
                          I've toyed with the idea of a Burn Legend campaign, where the Ryuujin (Dragon-Blooded) were the All-Powerful Student Council, the Okami (Lunars) were the delinquent gang members, the Tennin (Sidereals) were the AV geeks and at least one teacher, who were also running special martial arts clubs, and the Principal is a Yamajin (Infernal), of course!

And as for the Mugen (Solars)...
                          Man, I can't believe I forgot the Shinigami (Abyssals) as the Goth Kids!
                          The Mugen would confront each group, eventually befriending and uniting them against the Principal in a massive dance-battle!

Come to think of it...

There's your Circle!

Comment

Working...
                          X