Exalted Storytellers Vault is now Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted Storytellers Vault is now Open

They’ve got a section up, lots of art and templates, and there’s two community content pieces out already.

https://www.storytellersvault.com/br..._45735_0_0_0_0

Hm, I'm looking at the rules, and it seems like as written, format shifting, like making an ePub or audiobook conversion of an existing book, would be allowed. Some people weren't sure if this was intended, though, so I decided I might as well ask. I've got several rather nice ePub editions of Exalted books that it would be nice to be able to publish through the Vault for people who want that kind of thing.

For that matter, what about Charm compendiums? According to the license, collecting all the Charms in 2e and republishing them in one place complete with errata would also be allowed. Is that intentional?

Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPGJenna Moran's PatreonRobert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I'm assuming the art and resource packs are there so people can use them to do some nicer layout for the content they submit?

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
      [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
      [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Rand Brittain View Post
        Hm, I'm looking at the rules, and it seems like as written, format shifting, like making an ePub or audiobook conversion of an existing book, would be allowed. Some people weren't sure if this was intended, though, so I decided I might as well ask. I've got several rather nice ePub editions of Exalted books that it would be nice to be able to publish through the Vault for people who want that kind of thing.

For that matter, what about Charm compendiums? According to the license, collecting all the Charms in 2e and republishing them in one place complete with errata would also be allowed. Is that intentional?
        No, that is not allowed. The entire point of the community content program is to create new supplemental content, not copy existing works.

M

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
        Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
          I'm assuming the art and resource packs are there so people can use them to do some nicer layout for the content they submit?
          Yes, community content authors can use the templates, art packs, and other Resources for SV Creators to create their PDF supplements. Those resources can only be used for the Storytellers Vault program.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-M-McElroy View Post

Yes, community content authors can use the templates, art packs, and other Resources for SV Creators to create their PDF supplements. Those resources can only be used for the Storytellers Vault program.

M
            If we found art or something we liked and felt was appropriate in one of the other Storytellers Vault areas, would we be allowed to use it in an Exalted work? Like, if we found a good Werewolf picture and wanted to use it for a Lunar?

The Dungeon Master’s Guild is a separate entity, right? So we can’t use the art and stuff that people have posted for that here, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              If we found art or something we liked and felt was appropriate in one of the other Storytellers Vault areas, would we be allowed to use it in an Exalted work? Like, if we found a good Werewolf picture and wanted to use it for a Lunar?
              Right now the current rule is Exalted Art can be used for Exalted, WoD Art can be used for WoD, but no crossing the streams. If that changes, we'll update the FAQ and post about it on the Storytellers Vault Facebook page/group.

The Dungeon Master’s Guild is a separate entity, right? So we can’t use the art and stuff that people have posted for that here, right?
              That is correct. the Art packs released on DMsGuild are owned by Wizards of the Coast and they would not be too happy with someone using their IP for a different company's content.

M

Comment

What are the forum rules going to be around self-promotion of released material?

A tinkering effort at bringing Raksha into Ex3: Fair Folk: The Beautiful Thieves

A tinkering effort at bringing fate ninjas into Ex3: Sidereals: Where Fate Has Led - Album of the Charm Trees thereof.

Comment

The content guidelines for Exalted were copy/pasted from WoD in ways that don't make sense.

https://storytellersvault.zendesk.co...ent-Guidelines

For example:

Fictional locations and made up cities in the modern real world are not allowed. (e.g. Gotham City, Sunnydale, Santa Carla, Derry Maine, etc.) Content creators should do their best to set their products in places that are (or were) real. Products involving otherworldly realms or other mystical places have a leeway to describe those in the same manner found in previous White Wolf publications. Historical settings should make an attempt to utilize real locations to the best of their ability with the understanding that discrepancies will take place.

Comment

Someday I’ll PDF... so many Ideas!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by AtG View Post
                      The content guidelines for Exalted were copy/pasted from WoD in ways that don't make sense.
                      I'll talk to White Wolf about it.

M

Comment

If we have other questions or want to raise an issue about the Exalted Storytellers Vault, is it ok to just keep posting them in this thread or is there another venue that would be preferred?

Comment

Will Shards material be hitting the art assets?

Craft rewrite.
                          Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

If we have other questions or want to raise an issue about the Exalted Storytellers Vault, is it ok to just keep posting them in this thread or is there another venue that would be preferred?
                            I’ll try to drop in here now and then when I get time. There is also the FB discussion group for content creators:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/434035333638043/

M

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                              Will Shards material be hitting the art assets?

This is something I'd like to know too.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
                              Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X