No announcement yet.

Exalted Storytellers Vault is now Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping to see the art from Oadenol's Codex available at some point.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

Comment

Compass of Celestial Directions here. One of my favourite places to find cool artwork is in the Mass Combat unit write-ups.

The Freedom Stone is back

Comment

Did anyone else have trouble downloading art pack 2?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Did anyone else have trouble downloading art pack 2?
          The file seems to be broken.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-M-McElroy View Post

I’ll try to drop in here now and then when I get time. There is also the FB discussion group for content creators:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/434035333638043/

M
            Which unfortunately doesn't seem to be taking any new members, based on nobody acting on my membership request and a Facebook-reported +0 members in the last 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzio View Post
              Which unfortunately doesn't seem to be taking any new members, based on nobody acting on my membership request and a Facebook-reported +0 members in the last 30 days.
              I approve new members if they answer the questions, but if not I don’t let them in as we had some spammers and folks who didn’t realize the group was for content creators not general game discussion (there are other groups for that).

M

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
              Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-M-McElroy View Post

I approve new members if they answer the questions, but if not I don’t let them in as we had some spammers and folks who didn’t realize the group was for content creators not general game discussion (there are other groups for that).

M
                Well, since the first question changed since I applied, I'll assume it was an innocent technical error related to the switchover that stopped you from approving me, and look forward to you approving now that there's an answer to the new first question.

Comment

Can you use your own art (or other art you have permission to use) or only that from the packs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                    Can you use your own art (or other art you have permission to use) or only that from the packs?
                    The ToS says:

Art

No artwork may be used from any White Wolf publications, except those specifically made available here on StorytellersVault.com. You may use artwork from the Storytellers Vault’s art selection and public domain artwork. You must have permission to use any artwork. Please read the FAQ further for more information on the use of art and logos in your content.

Content creators are required to have secured any image release rights from any models that may appear in any illustrations or photography.

Edit:
                    Ok, it also says this:

For now, we ask that you publish RPG supplements, fiction, illustrations, comics, graphic novels, and photography only, please.

What kinds of artwork and maps can I use in my Storytellers Vault titles?

The artwork (such as illustrations or maps) that you include in your title does not become part of the Storytellers Vault content that other Storytellers Vault contributors can then use. Here is general advice for these types of artwork:

Art and maps provided by White Wolf. The art you find in the Resources for Storytellers Vault category is owned by White Wolf and can be freely used in your Storytellers Vault titles. No other artwork from White Wolf titles can be used — only the art specifically released in Art Packs for Storytellers Vault Creators. Art released by White Wolf is brand specific and can only be used in association with its specific overarching brand of products. For example; Exalted art packs can only be used for Exalted and World of Darkness art packs can only be used for World of Darkness. However, any art assets can be used across game lines as long as it is within the same larger brand (e.g. Mage can be used for vampire, Werewolf for Changeling etc).

Public Domain Art. Art that you are certain is in the public domain can be used.

Stock Art. Usage of stock art depends on the license associated with that stock art. Most of the stock art sold under the Publisher Resources category on DriveThruRPG includes a license that would allow it to be used in your Storytellers Vault titles.

Commissioned Art. Usage of art that you commission from an artist depends upon your terms with the artist. You must have the rights or license to use the art in your title. The artwork does not become owned by OneBookShelf or by White Wolf; you simply must have rights to use it in your commercial work.

Creative Commons. This depends on the type of Creative Commons license. Some allow commercial use, others do not.

So, if you’ve commissioned something, double check with the artist and maybe get them to sign something, but if you made it yourself it looks like you should be fine.
                    Last edited by BrilliantRain; 09-30-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Is there a reason that the Exalted Art Pack #3 didn't include any art from Aspect Book Fire? Might we see that art turn up in a future art pack or have this art pack updated to include it later?

Comment

Also, art pack #2 appears to be working now.

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether maps should be included in our adventures and, if so, what they should look like?

Comment

I like maps but don't rely on them too much.

Is there any sort of discussion of Vault items here? Announcements, critiques, recommendations? Does that cross the line into advertisement?

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Anyone know if the Ex3 Art will be making its way into the Storytellers Vault?

Craft rewrite.
                              Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                                I like maps but don't rely on them too much.

Is there any sort of discussion of Vault items here? Announcements, critiques, recommendations? Does that cross the line into advertisement?
                                Don't worry about advertisement, unless it crosses over into spam the worst case scenario is being asked to remove it.

The Freedom Stone is back

Comment

Working...
                                X